Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default cant get on the satellite arc/I got trees help

Hi I am jackpeas and I am tring to get on the sat arc.I am useding an primestar 30x40 dish on a stab 120 hh motor.Msouthmost sat is amc3(k3)@87 degree.My lat is 41.6,my longt is 87.6,dish elevation is 23.5.I got garrages all around me/so I had to put it up 14'feet hight.I also have my neighboors trees.Do I have to wait untill the leaves fall off?Last year I could get amc3.I can't move the pole/trees limbs are to the east.I have a big dish west of my pole.I can try to shoot under the limbs and just over the garrage roof.Pleas help me!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Get Clearence

Satellite dish depends on the Clark Belt and you need clearence from East to West,and your situation is to get the clearence ,maybe to cut off the trees or shift the garage ,you have gone up 14 ft ,alternative way you have to move your Footing somewhere else where there is no blocking for the Dish.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackpeas View Post
    Hi I am jackpeas and I am tring to get on the sat arc.I am useding an primestar 30x40 dish on a stab 120 hh motor.Msouthmost sat is amc3(k3)@87 degree.My lat is 41.6,my longt is 87.6,dish elevation is 23.5.I got garrages all around me/so I had to put it up 14'feet hight.I also have my neighboors trees.Do I have to wait untill the leaves fall off?Last year I could get amc3.I can't move the pole/trees limbs are to the east.I have a big dish west of my pole.I can try to shoot under the limbs and just over the garrage roof.Pleas help me!

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hi jack, long time from satlinks, welcome to rdi.
    you just have to move something, or increase your elevation
    if you can to even higher, your sky must be clear, or 50% clear
    with a bigger dish than required,
    or change locations.
    you can also talk to your neigbor and use his garage roof at a small fee
    say$10 yearly

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Your problem is you don't have clear line of sight to the bird, and really there's not a lot you can do, except move the dish, or buy a chainsaw. Sorry.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Guys,But the tree is not mine tree(and we are not get along right) now.My 2'' pole is east of (my big dish its on a 14ft 3''pipe) No room to the west.So I am stuck here.So I tried to lower my primestar dish/now I am getting some quality from 105 to [email protected] deg.Maybe if I inch it up a little bit at a time.Thanks guys
    Last edited by jackpeas; 14th August 2007 at 14:25.

Thread Information