Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dreambox clone

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default dreambox clone

can anyone tell me what problems are with the clone boxes?

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Functional problems in most cases

look at this:

http://www.dream-multimedia.com.au/s...ftheclones.php
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks for the reply Zoren,but do u think the report u linked is mainly a self preservation statement from the original dreambox manufacturer?they have a vested interest in ragging on any clones,,,
    i would be interrested to hear from people who have a clone .what real world problems have u had?

is it possible to change the mac add.?

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Question

HAI
    please tell me what is the Deferent between dreambox 7000 & fortecstar 5600 v2

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    thanks for the reply Zoren,but do u think the report u linked is mainly a self preservation statement from the original dreambox manufacturer?they have a vested interest in ragging on any clones,,,
    i would be interrested to hear from people who have a clone .what real world problems have u had?

is it possible to change the mac add.?
    Yes it hangs if you press the buttons too quickly and demands a 79 percent signal strength and quality before it will lock but until I get an original box to compare, cannot know if these are normal faults. In any case wombat has posted a screenshot showing his box locked at 69 percent signal quality

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default mastersat mfix

Is this stb Mastersat MFIX , a dreambox clone?If so which one?

http://www.mastersatcom.com/technic.htm
    http://www.mastersatcom.com/image/newpic/mastersat.jpg

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Yes it hangs if you press the buttons too quickly and demands a 79 percent signal strength and quality before it will lock but until I get an original box to compare, cannot know if these are normal faults. In any case wombat has posted a screenshot showing his box locked at 69 percent signal quality

I think both my DM 500s r hang when I press quickly on the buttons.Will same on the original box but I don't have chance to test the original one.

@Sir C-Band , How r u and ur family?

Regards.
    Yan Naing.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

well my openion on the clone and the origenal

on both of them u can worm your meal, both of them get stock a very now problem of this models, i have the original and the clone , both work on the same sat and conect to 2 tv, pic coulety is much beter in the clone, in the original the pic is dark, and mashy, when it come for the price, well the clone beat the orignal , i but my clone for 180$

i hear a romer that the chainise db clone manufactor is starting to made the db7020 clone, well for this recivers it worth to wait

regards

aikki

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Firstly, you ask what's wrong with a "clone" receiver. And the answer is nothing, if your happy with a sub-standard product. But it will never be as good as the genuine product. Consider the fact that a fake "Rolex is just that. A FAKE, a copy, a cheap imitation. and at the end of the day, you only get what you pay for.

So If your happy with a $300 Rolex, or a Dreambox for $200, good luck to you, and while it might work the same, sooner of later, it will fail. And the reason is, these people do no product development, do not produce or write there own software, So of cause they can produce a product a lot cheaper. When did you last go onto a clone producers web site, for the latest software. You didn't simply because they don't exist .
    Some manufactures of genuine products are loading traps in there software , that will not allow it to load into a clone, or better still loading with a sign stating that "This software is in a non-genuine receiver" and the sign can't be removed from the display screen.
    regards from OZ bassett

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Definitely right bro.Bassett. Clone user should think about that but as for me no way to get the original box and happy using with my clone box.

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Clone ore Orginal ?
    also the DB 500 Orginal are from Shenzen China
    Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Definitely right bro.Bassett. Clone user should think about that but as for me no way to get the original box and happy using with my clone box.
    Regards.
    The really big problem, is when the clones items, and I do not restrict this to satellite receivers but everything from Golf club's , to wooden legs, drive the original product out of business, due to the fact that, they simply can't sell the original, due to the higher costs. Who then will do the developement and product research, to develope a better product.

I like to buy a bit of high-end audio, and the same thing is happening, There is a large amount of valve [tube] Amplifiers, being offered at the moment, E-bay is the place, for this sort of thing, One vender offer's them at 99 cents, starting price, then want's $480.00 postage //freight. which is really the price of the thing. Sure they look the part, but the reality is there cheaply made, from sub-standard parts, which will simply fail, sooner rather then later. As I said the big problem is they look the part, And the problem is there being sold for little money, one or two thousand dollars will get you one, and the genuine five thousand dollar products remain on the retailers self, unsold.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeng View Post
    Clone ore Orginal ?
    also the DB 500 Orginal are from Shenzen China
    perhaps you could quote the prices of the clone compaired with the genuine german dreambox.
    regards from OZ bassett

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

What is the price differeance between a clone and a original receiver? Are all clones receivers are bad?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    The really big problem, is when the clones items, and I do not restrict this to satellite receivers but everything from Golf club's , to wooden legs, drive the original product out of business, due to the fact that, they simply can't sell the original, due to the higher costs. Who then will do the developement and product research, to develope a better product.

I like to buy a bit of high-end audio, and the same thing is happening, There is a large amount of valve [tube] Amplifiers, being offered at the moment, E-bay is the place, for this sort of thing, One vender offer's them at 99 cents, starting price, then want's $480.00 postage //freight. which is really the price of the thing. Sure they look the part, but the reality is there cheaply made, from sub-standard parts, which will simply fail, sooner rather then later. As I said the big problem is they look the part, And the problem is there being sold for little money, one or two thousand dollars will get you one, and the genuine five thousand dollar products remain on the retailers self, unsold.

perhaps you could quote the prices of the clone compaired with the genuine german dreambox.

Very true bassett.
    But there is another side to this aswell. If the original dreamboxes weren't so overpriced in the first place, the clones would probably never have arrived.
    Just a comparison in pricing between a Relook and a Dreambox shows a huge difference while both are quality products, the Relooks are about half the price of the Dreambox.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    Very true bassett.
    But there is another side to this aswell. If the original dreamboxes weren't so overpriced in the first place, the clones would probably never have arrived.
    Just a comparison in pricing between a Relook and a Dreambox shows a huge difference while both are quality products, the Relooks are about half the price of the Dreambox.
    Your quite right M8,, I agree the price of the original Dreambox is over priced, in today's market, BUT when they first appeared, they where the first generation, of a Linex based product, and held untold wonders.
    But then when the market caught up, they where // are over priced.
    The same thing could be said about Nokia, In there day they offered unparalleled features. I can still remember getting my first one, and it cost me something like $1500.00, and I was happy to pay it. And that was a lot of money 12 years ago [o was it earler]
    Then someone had one advertised, simply because he could not work the thing out, So I did a thousand kilometer round trip and still paid $800.00. Now your lucky if you can get two hundred for one on e-bay.
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information