Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Question for experts only

how can i watch encr.chanels on the pc , i have high speed 2000 mb adsl internet connection and high preformence pc 4400 ghz intel viiv with 4000 mb ram and 1650 mb high defenation ati vga . which card is required . thanks
    Technosat, Humax, Starsat, Metabox, Kaon, Dreambox, Nokia, and echolink all i have in one room.

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

get a satellite card. most ppl preferred Technisat Skystar2 card.

or goto this link: PC DVB & Satellite internet for added info.

and lastly i'm no expert but can only understand basics
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Get a TWINHAN PCI DVB CARD.

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if you want cheapest solution, juz get plain vanilla TV card & Windvr(prog) to display & can record TV channels display in your TV in your PC.

And since you have receivers & a Hummy in particular its redundant to get a PC based Sat receiver, just update the firm HoT(latest) & use WSP & SBCL, plus the daily bin file & you can see TP$ & AB$at!

*Note if your ATI Vga card have a TV Tuner e.g. ATI All IN Wonder you don't need another card just get the Windrv prog & update your hummy!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

personally, i HATE watching anything on my pc, much more if you are having a small monitor. to be enjoyable, you must at least have 21-inch lcd panel, for starters.

you already have other hardwares will are more or less redundant in functions to a pc sat card. and since your have that much bandwidth to waste, look for IPTV offerings. google is your friend, as always.

i'd say, go get a dreambox.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

az30094
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weso View Post
    how can i watch encr.chanels on the pc , i have high speed 2000 mb adsl internet connection and high preformence pc 4400 ghz intel viiv with 4000 mb ram and 1650 mb high defenation ati vga . which card is required . thanks
    Wow! These are incredible specs. By the way, are you sure about the CPU speed or just a typo?

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    personally, i HATE watching anything on my pc, much more if you are having a small monitor. to be enjoyable, you must at least have 21-inch lcd panel, for starters.

you already have other hardwares will are more or less redundant in functions to a pc sat card. and since your have that much bandwidth to waste, look for IPTV offerings. google is your friend, as always.

i'd say, go get a dreambox.
    i knew you wouldn't pass this one.

Hmm... the advantage of having a sat card on your pc?!. Well, most of the time if I'm watching Discovery CH on DreamTV I don't usually noticed that the keys had been changed (scrambled) yet the sat card is still just perfect. i believed even Dreambox itself will show you scrambled signal b4 it even AU DreamTV.

And I have to admit the credit is yours. I learned it thru our conversation on this link: PC DVB & Satellite internet

oh, btw you are right about one thing though. you need atleast 21" LCD display to enjoy watching on your pc.
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Thread Information