Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default IS 15k or 17k C/Ku Combine LNBF Better for Small C/Ku Band Dishes like 6 feet.

IS 15k or 17k C/Ku Combine LNBF Better for Small C/Ku Band Dishes like 6 feet.
    Is that kind of LNBF available in INDIA

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

I think your question is already answered in another thread. Anyway Lnb15k is better than most others. You will learn this from experience

If you can get 15k lnb for C band then go for it. Don't expect a big differeance between 17k & 15k. Most of these things written on LNBFs are just under test conditions if at all they are true. Don't worry about them. Lesser the noise figure then go for it. This is what we are also having so don't worry.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

LNB 15K
    I have got 7 feet Offset antenna. And have 17K C band LNB's fitted on it.
    I am getting all channels perfectly alright just that ARY and Hum Tv is very week. 20% signal rate....When there is some bad weather it gets worst. But other channels are very good like Geo News is above 60%.
    What can be the reason...If i change the 17K LNB to 15K would it be fine...
    Pls help me out....
    Thanks

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by nasirsyed0 View Post
    LNB 15K
    I am getting all channels perfectly alright just that ARY and Hum Tv is very week. 20% signal rate....When there is some bad weather it gets worst. But other channels are very good like Geo News is above 60%.
    Pls help me out....
    Thanks
    Hi friend,

where u got 7 ft offset dish.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

LNB 15K
    Pls help me out....
    Thanks
    15K might help you to an extent. There may be others factors like your location, obstructions etc., which might be the cause for the problems. Besure that your skew adjustment is fine.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    Hi friend,

where u got 7 ft offset dish.
    VERY GOOD QUESTION !
    I DO NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE MANUFACTURED .
    1.8M IS THE LARGEST OFFSET DISH SOLD

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I hink you are wrong...since i have got a 2.10m with height and 185cm width offset antenna....The antenna has a polyester type material....loooking like white plastic....It is from USA. The brand is MIRTA..
    It is rarely found i presume.....
    Anyway......as per LNB 15K's suggestion....there is no interference or object in front as it is all open area....Just that there is a land TV antenna for local channels...it is beside the antenna...can this have an effect on the quality of ARY signal.....Or what if i move the LNB backwards from the antenna....the LNB is positioned a bit front of the LNB holder.....
    Waiting for your comments friends......

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

I hink you are wrong...since i have got a 2.10m with height and 185cm width offset antenna....The antenna has a polyester type material....loooking like white plastic....It is from USA. The brand is MIRTA..
    It is rarely found i presume.....
    Anyway......as per LNB 15K's suggestion....there is no interference or object in front as it is all open area....Just that there is a land TV antenna for local channels...it is beside the antenna...can this have an effect on the quality of ARY signal.....Or what if i move the LNB backwards from the antenna....the LNB is positioned a bit front of the LNB holder.....
    Waiting for your comments friends......

Hi Friend,

Pls Tell me ur location(country) from where you purchased this Antenna please guide me as I also require same Antenna.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

LNB 15K
    Pls help me out....
    Thanks

Are you using a Off-set scalar ring [there tapered, like a Ku one , but considerably bigger] or a flat one [prime focus] the LNB can only perform as good as the scaler ring it's attached to.
    A normal prime focus scalar ring is about one inch deep, An off-set ring is something like 4 or 6 inchies deep. The scalar ring is configured to the contures of the dish. You would not expect it to work without a scalar ring, So why would it perform at peak performance, with an incorrect one.
    So any interruption of signal will result in a blank screen, unyet C-band should not be affected by bad weather. I would hazard a guess, that your scaler ring is only collecting a small fraction of the available signal.

Its quite possable that the channels you have playing which are weaker, my possably have an FEC of 7/8. And the others are so strong,
    they disregard the incorrect LNB scalar ring. They would possably load and play without a scaler ring at all.

As for 15k or 17k or the old 25k for that matter. there is NO STANDARD, or overall rating for LNB's each manifactor can call it or rate it how he likes . and there is no real way of disproving there figures. except a double or triple "blind test" which is not always possable
    regards from OZ bassett

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Bassett posted most of them what I wanted to say. Try adjusting the focal point and also the F/D ratio. Which should have big difffereance either in gain or in loss. Also fine tune the satellite tracking. Skew is also important.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi dear freidn BASSETT
    Thanks for your valuable advices....Please note that i had a ring from my old parabol dish (Prime focus 3.20m size) and inserted this into this offset antenna. As you said it is 1 inch deep not as 4-6 inches.... Maybe because of this the ARY channel, HUm TV and some more TP's are so weak....
    Where can i find this 4-6 inches deep ring for offset antenna....
    I live in Turkey.....
    Waiting for your comments.....
    Thanks

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi dear freidn BASSETT
    Thanks for your valuable advices....Please note that i had a ring from my old parabol dish (Prime focus 3.20m size) and inserted this into this offset antenna. As you said it is 1 inch deep not as 4-6 inches.... Maybe because of this the ARY channel, HUm TV and some more TP's are so weak....
    I live in Turkey.....
    Thanks

Hi nasirsyed0,

Pls Tell me ur location(country) from where you purchased this Antenna please guide me as I also require same Antenna.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi dear freidn BASSETT
    I live in Turkey.....
    Thanks
    Unfortunatly, I can't help you with the european retail satellite scene, as I'm in OZ. You could try looking on some of the European forums, and see if they have any adverts for dealers in your part of the world.

Please try the following, they will freight to your part of the world ,
    The english retailler carries a vast amount of satellite related stuff,
    http://www.hisat.com/ or you could try this north American / canadian web site, http://www.kickinchicken.info/

There is a business in australia who did stock off-set scalar rings but he is expencive and may not be interested in freighting to your part of the world http://www.avcomm.com.au I looked this up in an old
    catalogue, **c-band offset feedhorn part number F 1650, price $105.**

Sorry I can't be more helpfull
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Cwan you guys advise me from where can i purchase he conical scalar ring for my offset antenna..... I live in Ankara/Turkey but i can also have it purchased from Pakistan.....
    Waiting for your feedbacks
    Thanks in advance.....

Thread Information