Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: Rotating LNB??

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Rotating LNB??

I notice that with most satellites (Except for Yamal and other circular polarity), rotating the LNB (both C and KU) makes a big difference. In some cases, it is only possible to receive a satellite by rotating the LNB.

Id like to ask experts here:
    1. Is this what is called SKEW adjustment?
    2. In a motorized dish, how do you adjust LNB skew for different satellites?

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes this is called Skew. Yamal also needs skew. In motorised dishes the dish itself would rotate with lnbf and componsate for the skew. Polarmount takes care of it.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lank22 View Post
    I notice that with most satellites (Except for Yamal and other circular polarity), rotating the LNB (both C and KU) makes a big difference. In some cases, it is only possible to receive a satellite by rotating the LNB.

Dear lnk22,
    Please go to http://www.satlex.de/en/home.html.
    you will find more.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

All the Optus birds require a different "skew'' setting, The reason for this is the angle , or degree of tip, the satellite is set at. By the same token Intelsat701 Ku services, require the LNB to be set in at 4 ok instead of the normal 7 ok position.

This is the advantage of circular polorisation, as the signal is circular, [round and round] there is no correct setting, and no skew required to always obtain a perfect signal. The giant US compinies Direct and Dish networks both use a circular polorised signal.
    regards from OZ bassett

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

yes folks..we Asian Pacifics and Europeans are all blinkered !
    As mentioned ..........in Bushland the circular polarity system is KING.

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lank22 View Post

Dear friend,

Yes in fixed mount antenna skew is required.But in polar mount it will not effect.In fixed mount C band i faced this on 26'E, 78.5'E. In fixed dual feed Horn position @ 68.5' E Vertical signal was received in Horizontal And vice versa compare to other satellite (with out changing the feed horn position). But my several polar mount installation i didnt get that point. Any how from my personal experience i can say Fixed Mount antenna is very interesting.

ALL THE BEST
    Megahertzpark

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kachak View Post
    Dear friend,

Yes in fixed mount antenna skew is required.But in polar mount it will not effect.In fixed mount C band i faced this on 26'E, 78.5'E. In fixed dual feed Horn position @ 68.5' E Vertical signal was received in Horizontal And vice versa compare to other satellite (with out changing the feed horn position). But my several polar mount installation i didnt get that point. Any how from my personal experience i can say Fixed Mount antenna is very interesting.

ALL THE BEST

Dear Kachak,
    Which Ku Band Satellites I can Trap in Bangalore with my 6 feet solid Sheet Link Antenna.
    or Can I trap Yamal 201 C band or Express C band

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kachak View Post
    Dear friend,

ALL THE BEST

Dear Kachak,
    Which Ku Band Satellites I can Trap in Bangalore with my 6 feet solid Sheet Link Antenna.

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    Dear Kachak,
    Dear friend,
    Before tracking any satellite you should know some points
    1. Your location(for AZ and EL) calculation.
    2. Dish size to receive satellite radiated power.
    3.Any power line (high tenssion wire) near to receiving area(electromagnetic theory)
    4. Obstruction to receiving.
    5.Magnetic variation. (in india it is very less).
    6.Heat (raditaion ) (it causes more noise in the signal so lnb cannot handle the signal properly)
    7. Physics to understand some theory, To assume the satellite position in mind, weather condition, etc many more points .
    Megahertzpark

Thread Information