Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default IS10 Mchoice signal strengh

Signal strengh of 1st two multichoice TPs seems to be much weaker than the next 2 in my sat receiver.

TPS 3716 V & 3743 v i am getting 35% signal whereas in 3836 v & 3863 v i am getting 70% signal strength.

Can anyone confirm if they have same issue or is this issue because of my receiver or satellite tuning?

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by tmsani View Post
    Signal strengh of 1st two multichoice TPs seems to be much weaker than the next 2 in my sat receiver.

TPS 3716 V & 3743 v i am getting 35% signal whereas in 3836 v & 3863 v i am getting 70% signal strength.

Can anyone confirm if they have same issue or is this issue because of my receiver or satellite tuning?

For a start all receivers register with different precentages so that means nothing. 3863 is the strongest TP though and 3716 and 3743 are about the same.

Variances due to heat, size of dish, terrrestrial intereference and other factors need to be taken into account.

But yes the difference would suggest you LNB is not tuned correctly. Tweaking the LNB may increase your weakest freqs. The highest ones may drop a bit but the main point is to have the weakest freqs tuned to the max as the others are already above these.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ******2engineer View Post
    Tweaking the LNB may increase your weakest freqs. The highest ones may drop a bit but the main point is to have the weakest freqs tuned to the max as the others are already above these.
    Why we loose some amount of signal on other frequencies if we tweak the lnb for a particular frequency? Why this problem occurs? Those marginal wavelength difference is the culprit?

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    Why we loose some amount of signal on other frequencies if we tweak the lnb for a particular frequency? Why this problem occurs? Those marginal wavelength difference is the culprit?
    Well not all LNB's have equal performance across a range of frequencies.

For instance, I use an MTI KU 11300 lnb for Dream TV. I can get all frequencies to have an equal output as the TP's have the same output.

However, if the lnb skew and focul distance are not perfect the freqs give different readings.

The same for Cband. So if you use IS10 for DSTV you tune your weakest TP which would be 3716 for the maximum.

IS10 also has other frequencies for ARY and other channels which are weak as well. So you can find the weakest frequency on the satellite and tune that for the best result.

You would normally then find all your other frequencies are then tuned for the best attenuation.

You really need to tune for what you need to watch first then worrry about other frequencies. Intereference can vary so what may be good in one place my not be in another.

Your LNB and your dishes shape also play a critical role in getting signals.

Many cband mesh dishes are not in fact straight and have a net loss of 20% gain.

I prefer solid dishes but thats due to typhoons. But they also withstand winds better than mesh in anycase.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

So if you use IS10 for DSTV you tune your weakest TP which would be 3716 for the maximum.

IS10 also has other frequencies for ARY and other channels which are weak as well. So you can find the weakest frequency on the satellite and tune that for the best result.

You would normally then find all your other frequencies are then tuned for the best attenuation.

You really need to tune for what you need to watch first then worrry about other frequencies. Intereference can vary so what may be good in one place my not be in another.

Many cband mesh dishes are not in fact straight and have a net loss of 20% gain.

I prefer solid dishes but thats due to typhoons. But they also withstand winds better than mesh in anycase.
    Thanks ******2engineer .I tried playing with LNB skew & managed to get 3716V up in IS10 but what has happened is
    i have lost Asiasat 2 & 3s.I will have to give it a go again this weekend.Does that mean i need to peak Asiasat 3 first & then do peak IS10.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well not all LNB's have equal performance across a range of frequencies.

For instance, I use an MTI KU 11300 lnb for Dream TV. I can get all frequencies to have an equal output as the TP's have the same output.

However, if the lnb skew and focul distance are not perfect the freqs give different readings.

The same for Cband. So if you use IS10 for DSTV you tune your weakest TP which would be 3716 for the maximum.

Thanks for the reply. More questions after you get well

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by tmsani View Post
    Thanks ******2engineer .I tried playing with LNB skew & managed to get 3716V up in IS10 but what has happened is
    i have lost Asiasat 2 & 3s.I will have to give it a go again this weekend.Does that mean i need to peak Asiasat 3 first & then do peak IS10.
    Doe you mean that you are using a motorized dish for those satellites.

Firstly if much better to used a fixed dish on each satellite. Then you dont need to wait for the dish to move from one satellite to another.

It also means I just change channel to go from as2/3 to IS10 or any other satellite.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Doe you mean that you are using a motorized dish for those satellites.
    Yes i use motor to move my dish to swich sats.Something i have done terribly wrong beause of that i have lost 2 satellite Asiasat 2 & Asiasat 3s.

Firstly if much better to used a fixed dish on each satellite. Then you dont need to wait for the dish to move from one satellite to another.

It also means I just change channel to go from as2/3 to IS10 or any other satellite.
    Unfortunately i cannot use dish for each sat then my house will be filled with Sat dishes & I have to live on top of the dish

Thread Information