Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Card-Sharing over internet a reality now

Xdream Tv, Free-X tv & Free-X tv2 are available to DVB PC card users over internet (even 56K dialup connection is enough) through a small client/server plugin "Homeklient". ATM server is working on & off. One can expect round the clock service (paid or unpaid !) very soon & for a good number of channels besides this category.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

ip cardsharing has been around the block for quite sometime now. all you need are the supporting hardware and a constant internet connection. this is feasible too if you have hardwares like dreambox, etc which can connect to ethernet and thus share the card.

Satellite Internet Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hi friends,

its the great achievement, i realy appreciate , with this we can also watch star package and hbo etc.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hay guys I try to download the Homeklient" in to my ProgDVB skystar2 but it slow to death
    Can some one help …

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

hamoox, get "Homeklient" from here:
    http://www.irandvbhost.persiangig.com/data/Xdream.zip

===========
    @ boknoy_ph:

While it's true that the "idea" of ip cardsharing has been around the block for quite sometime now, but it has been limited either to LAN or some close-knit circle of friends on internet....and that too with a handicap of sharing card upto a certain number only...often 25 at most (ideally). With the advent of "Homeklient" and a sort of "public server" with no connection limit...it's a dream come true. One can hope that like warez sites we may have soon competing servers (either free or may be on subscription basis). So with "homeklient" come the universality...for the first time!

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thank you stomach for the LINK but it still slow I could not opened it really slow
    I m not shore where did I go wrong got the new vor of ProgDVB4.52

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hamoox,

it could be YOUR connection, nothing else. now, when they said that it will run even on a 56k must be a joke. it's more of like a crawl actually.

really, when you come to count the amount needed in monetary terms for someone to have cardsharing, the cost is actually more than if you actually susbscribed to the legal thing. the only satisfaction we can find in this is that it is "free".

Cardsharing has been on the block, yes, only to a limited extent because of the limited avenues that it can be exploited. mostly it existed only on LAN and single building access. now with the advent of advanced wireless protocols and more wireless software compression algo, then the possibility of broadcasting to a myriad of would-be viewers becomes multiplied. indeed, this is a big step.

as for somebody actually setting up a free server over lunch for all our satellite addiction needs, i think that would still be a long way in the process. first, somebody has got to have the legal card subscriber details inorder to share, so who buys the subscription and what benefit will he get if he shares it? take into account the "blackbox" phenomenon, so many people are buying this gadget because of the availability of the channels being decoded. now the "blackbox" manufacturer has to buy constantly the subscriptions it has to share, inorder to support the hardware it produced.

c'mon you guys, what do you think this is, "money for nothing and chicks for free"?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i got 48.0KB

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

@hamoox
    This is too slow for Cardsharing you need least KB / s 128/64 better there lasts 256/128 KB / s
    Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

boknoy_ph said:
    when they said that it will run even on a 56k must be a joke. it's more of like a crawl actually.
    and Daeng said:
    .... for Cardsharing you need least KB / s 128/64 better there lasts 256/128 KB / s
    I,m totally a non-technical person - only credentials being that I,m an end-user of Nexus-s card & associated applications for the last 3-years. What "homeklient" does is only feeding channel-decrypting data over internet....which should not require (as I understand) any broadband connection. As I earlier said I accessed those channels while connected through a 56k modem (@ 48k speed). There was no interruption in viewing.
    If the video stream itself was to be webcast....sure that would call for a broadband connection.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default hi

Hi to all...

56kbps is GOOD Enough for connection. and should be no problem for this.
    UNLESS you're doing something in your pc or any surfing activities. This will make your connection slow or failed.

Have tested sharing with 56kps modem and working fine. with just only use 56kbps for this connection and not for other actvities such surfing internet during connection.
    If sometime very slow NOT caused by 56kbps connection, maybe Server overload... [low bandwith]

And of course DSL more stable.....

Regards

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

let me clarify this. the 56k connection you have is YOUR connection from your pc to the ISP. the actual throughput, nobody really knows. the same for DSL connections, the ISP modem might say that you have a 256k when actually, the bandwidth being fed to you is only 128k (this has been some gimmick by some of the ISPs). Now, as for the cardsharing on the internet, true, a 56k will and should be enough as the bandwidth required for the data to be received by the user is not that much as when compared to the videostream. but the question of CONTINUITY of data packets being received stands here, and the integrity of the dial-up line. at least with DSL, you have more leeway when it comes to lost packets since the bandwidtch and continuity is far greater than that compared to a dial-up.

Still, the issue with hamoox not getting a fluid viewing experience is his connection. imagine yourself pulling out the card every now and then out of the CI slot, the same happens when his 56k connection loses some of the packets (thus losing the data needed to decrypt his favorite free-x).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

@ boknoy_ph

No one can dare disagree with what you have just said above
    Very well explained, & I agree 100% !
    THX

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Card sharing device receive 50K of data(Viaccess2.5) from the cardserver every 9 seconds...

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I m sorry guys it seems that theirs so much information for me going in
    So this still means that I need faster line…? Hope not

What really happen is that the moment I edit the Homeklient" it to pc card even if
    I m not connected to the net. the moment open the DVB player it freeze and Slow
    My hole PC that it could take me 15mnt to 20mnt to closet back and the moment I remove Homeklient it works smooth again . Did I pasted on the wrong file or what

Thread Information