Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Humax High Definition Receiver

Is It Really True That This Box Does Not Have The Normal Basic Editing Functions Such As Transponder Move And Transpoder Delete And That It Is Therefore Not Recommeded ?
    The Opinion Of Owners Much Appreciated As Was About To Buy !

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi c band

on wich model u talk abut?

i have both of them the 1000&2000 both are working grate, and u can edit transponders with them, it true that in the early days, the humax coperiton did not have suport, but all the suport and update come from suport grops,

i recomnded on the humax 2000 he got more memory then the 1000,

if we all ready talk abut hdtv reciver then go to the new kathrin reciver that got a lan conection, and suport all format, mpeg2/mpeg2 hdtv/mpeg4 hdtv

and the gemini grup stated to develp imeges for him

this is going to be my next box

regards

aikki

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by aikki View Post
    hi c band

on wich model u talk abut?

i have both of them the 1000&2000 both are working grate, and u can edit transponders with them, it true that in the early days, the humax coperiton did not have suport, but all the suport and update come from suport grops,

i recomnded on the humax 2000 he got more memory then the 1000,

if we all ready talk abut hdtv reciver then go to the new kathrin reciver that got a lan conection, and suport all format, mpeg2/mpeg2 hdtv/mpeg4 hdtv

and the gemini grup stated to develp imeges for him

this is going to be my next box

regards

aikki
    THANKS AIKKI, VERY INTERESTED TO HEAR ABOUT THE NEW KATHREIN RECEIVER . JUST PERFECT. DO YOU OR ANY ONE ELSE KNOW IF ITS AVAILABLE IN DUBAI AS NOT SOLD IN UK YET.

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    THANKS AIKKI, VERY INTERESTED TO HEAR ABOUT THE NEW KATHREIN RECEIVER . JUST PERFECT. DO YOU OR ANY ONE ELSE KNOW IF ITS AVAILABLE IN DUBAI AS NOT SOLD IN UK YET.
    did u hear about the qualitv receiver?

Ghost Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Is It Really True That This Box Does Not Have The Normal Basic Editing Functions Such As Transponder Move And Transpoder Delete And That It Is Therefore Not Recommeded ?
    The Opinion Of Owners Much Appreciated As Was About To Buy !
    no! with the Recever one cannot delete or edit a transponder. I would have the receiver not at all purchase those Humax HD of receivers a bad tuner and would make problems with low symbol rates and a transmitter by pid input would look for go nicht.es only go along a trick. Fingers away of HUMAX HD of receivers I have in the Januer one for 300€ bought and approximately one month use now is located in the cabinet I has now with www.ebay.de sold ich gets 155€

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

can any one advice me for buy a 4:2:2 receiver with pid edit option?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

georgekamal

the cheapest for 4:2:2 and pid editing will be a skystar2 pci or if u can find skystar 1 is even beter, since he got his awon cpu, i find my skystar as a saver when my gf take over the tv

aikki

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

A dedecated 4-2-2 receiver does a lot more then just PID edit, which incidently, is fairly standard on any receiver, I discount the cloned chinese crap, as I refuse, to buy rubbish.

But getting back to 4.2.2 receivers , this one's average, Alteia 942a, which superseades the earler 932, [ which also did 4-2-0] in both size and refinements. Plus the thing is big, measureing something like a meter square. The front has two dials, which control all functions, an
    analogue meter, and a digital readout, Plus a few buttons, [no remote is needed or supplied.
    The rear panel is something else, with L-band "f" connector inputs [2]
    and a range off output sockets for sound, video and data. far more than you would ever need for non-professional use. And this is a solid professional unit, even though they only come with a 20 channel menu loading, As for the price a little under 3000. pounds or 188.924.21 TBH. there also on special order, so don't expect to pick one up just anywhere. But 95% of the people useing 4-2-2 use them

On a cheaper note, Nokia will do a form of 4-2-2 using DVB 2000 software, as will a number of computer satellite cards, but reception is far from perfect, Sure it might look OK on a 35 cm TV set, but try it on a large modern screen, and picture faults are very apparant.
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information