Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Need Help for Connecting STB to Computer?

I have problem in downloading the firmware from computer to receiver. I am using Cable RS232(female), I followed the wiring in accordance with the wiring diagram as I have found from the websites. . I Link PC to STB with RS-232 Cable(female), but when I’m trying to download the file through the program, the “connection failed” message appeared. What should I do? How do I know if the connection in the computer is correct? Do I have to configure the setting of COM port? Thanks.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Need Help for Connecting STB to Computer?

Quote Originally Posted by carlomaderazo
    I have problem in downloading the firmware from computer to receiver. I am using Cable RS232(female), I followed the wiring in accordance with the wiring diagram as I have found from the websites. . I Link PC to STB with RS-232 Cable(female), but when I’m trying to download the file through the program, the “connection failed” message appeared. What should I do? How do I know if the connection in the computer is correct? Do I have to configure the setting of COM port? Thanks.
    looks like you are in great trubel m8. if you follow the wiring diagram base on the webbie you get from, then certainly your cable are right but did you ever check the cable resistance continuity after your wiring modification? if you did, then try to re check the COM port settings and reconfigure it ( Normally, com 1 and 2) " Connection failed" means there is no connection from PC to STB... i guess you loader is belongs to STARSAT FAMILY...

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Need Help for Connecting STB to Computer?

Quote Originally Posted by lakaypogi
    Quote Originally Posted by carlomaderazo
    looks like you are in great trubel m8. if you follow the wiring diagram base on the webbie you get from, then certainly your cable are right but did you ever check the cable resistance continuity after your wiring modification? if you did, then try to re check the COM port settings and reconfigure it ( Normally, com 1 and 2) " Connection failed" means there is no connection from PC to STB... i guess you loader is belongs to STARSAT FAMILY...
    I already checked the cable continuity and all connections are OK. But I'm not sure how to do COM port settings and reconfiguration. I only click COM port 1 or 2 in the selection of the program.. Could you tell me if there is an special setting of this in the computer? I'm using EmUpgrade. Thanks.

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

m8s,

starts from the highest speed, then go down where it works, usually the default will do whether your handshaking is hardware or software.

by the way are you using a laptop? most new laptop does not have enough current supplied to its com port!

Turn off the( after tuning it to any FTA channel) main switch of the STB, before running emu upgrade then switch it on when you click start.

hope it will work, give us feedback... more info
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

you can check on control panel/system/device manager/comports/properties/advanced/port settings if your comport is indeed set to com 1 or 2.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

OK m8s, the problem solved…thanks anyway.

But I have another query…Is this connection can possibly used in laptop computer by using USB-RS232 adaptor with the same configuration? Because all new laptop in the market does not provided serial port.

Thanks again.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@carlo,

yeps, i am using a prolific usb-serial adaptor for my laptops.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information