Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default dreambox 500s problem help

hi friends,
    i just got my new dreambox 500 s from china yesterday..
    i just plugged in on my tv with rca cable..after i turn the power on dreambox i just get a image that has "The GP " text , don't get any menu or anything...only tht image appears on the tv screen...
    do u know what problem might me>>>i am starting to think it's faulty that was sent to me...
    before i plugin into my tv i used dreamup to backup the image from box using rs232 and LAN cable...
    also what's the default ip address of dreambox...
    i have been trying to use cross over cable to connect to dreambox from my laptop but it can;t acquire the ip address using dhcp....
    appreciate ur help
    thanks
    Ram

ambo

Quote Originally Posted by ramsharan View Post
    hi friends,
    i just plugged in on my tv with rca cable..after i turn the power on dreambox i just get a image that has "The GP " text , don't get any menu or anything...only tht image appears on the tv screen...
    do u know what problem might me>>>i am starting to think it's faulty that was sent to me...
    before i plugin into my tv i used dreamup to backup the image from box using rs232 and LAN cable...
    i have been trying to use cross over cable to connect to dreambox from my laptop but it can;t acquire the ip address using dhcp....
    appreciate ur help
    thanks
    Ram
    Try to load any image you want ...the popular choices are GP/Gemini Pproject or PLI. When you use dreamup s/w with rs232 and lan cable...the software will be the one to assign the ip address to the dreambox using your laptops configure network settings.

You can download the images available from dreamboxworld.com

You then configure the network patameters of the dreambox in the menu on the tv screen.

BANNED MEMBER Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

hi friends,
    appreciate ur help
    thanks
    Ram
    like what you have said m8 it is faulty better contact youre dealer and change your unit right away.
    LOG ON TO : www.dreamtester.org

IF YOU FIND ANY MISSPELLED OR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR IN ANY OF MY POST IT IS BECOZ YOUR LOOKING AT IT....

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

i am able to connect to dreambox using rs232 cable and lan using dreamup software to install gemini latest image ....but when i connect to tv after that ,just get the the GP logo on the screen....it never changes...
    the 1 green light on dreambox is always on...when i press the remote the green light blinks...when i press standby button ,nothing happens...

ambo

i am able to connect to dreambox using rs232 cable and lan using dreamup software to install gemini latest image ....but when i connect to tv after that ,just get the the GP logo on the screen....it never changes...
    the 1 green light on dreambox is always on...when i press the remote the green light blinks...when i press standby button ,nothing happens...
    Try to load the factory image first using dreamup. If it still hangs, then there is a problem with your box....if not, then try to load other images besides GP.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

from where can i get the factory image?which one is it

ambo

Forgive my answer but I dont like spoonfeeding. You were determined enough to get a dreambox so I think you'll figure it out where to get the factory default image. The original dreambox is a german product and has it's own website offcourse. Just a bit of google will do it.

Peace brother!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi friends,
    appreciate ur help
    thanks
    Ram
    When using dreamup software, make sure you are using the correct version for DM500, because the version for DM7000 which appears the same, does not work. I had this problem myself when trying to load an image to a flash corrupted DM500. When I used the correct version, it worked in one go.

I got the dreaumup from the RDI Dreambox site here:
    http://www.rdi-dreambox.com/showfile...500/Utilities/
    Don't Stop......Keep Learning!

Thread Information