Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default ABEKO !!! Any Available Satellite Aside from DREAM?

I woul like to ask if you tried other satellite aside from DREAM?
    and how to use internet through Sat.? Thanks...

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

so many FTA channel you get but depending on which palce you shoot from. Satellite internet? it is available in phils too. they called it "VSAT" which is very expensive.

lakaypogi

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Here in the Phils. My dish available is about 4 ft diameter, can you give me example satellite? I visited lynsat.com but I didnt saw any specifications regarding Dish size.

Regarding Sat. internet. VSAT? so you need to subscribe?from where?form dream? Is there an free sat. internet we can get?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

there is no such thing a full internet via satellite. you can only do offline data grabbing, and the content/data stream is not within your control. you simply tap on to it, so whatever the legal user downloads or views, you share the file too. if you want, there is a new provider in philippines offering fixed wireless VPN for 998 pesos a month. try meridiantelekoms.com and see for yourself. if only im in philippines, maybe i'd get myself a 1mb DSL or wireless.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Clarification, dear: Dream is not a satellite. It (Dream) is only one of satbroadcast packages beamed via AGUILA–2 SATELLITE. There is also PAS–8. There’s a 3–channel TP frequency in Aguila–2 which include a videoke channel. You may check lynqsat for that.

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Cable

i've just went with my mom's vacation in her country-Phils. Cable TV are widely available in most major cities. 100 channels mostly in English & Pilipino and it's dirt cheap compare to other countries. Why go the hardway? I only go for SAT where i'm now because cable is prohivitive in price!

khan
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default RE: Cable TV

Quote Originally Posted by khan2ton
    i've just went with my mom's vacation in her country-Phils. Cable TV are widely available in most major cities. 100 channels mostly in English & Pilipino and it's dirt cheap compare to other countries. Why go the hardway? I only go for SAT where i'm now because cable is prohivitive in price!

khan
    Absolutely true. In major cities, what's needed is just a piece of splitter and voila! The whole barangay has a free cable TV! But you see, my in-laws live in Benguet, a mountainous area where there's no cable TV provider and local TV transmission signals can't be received. The problem is solved by watching wonderful Dream TV's programs ala-Captain Hook.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@CelsoPineda,

yeps, agree. in my area where crickets sound all day and frogs frolick all night, there is no other choice but to the get DTH services of DreamTV. Now, everybody... even my trusted dog "Tagpi" and my hardworking bufallo "Malakas" gets to enjoy their dose of entertainment.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well I guess nobody tried other satellite aside from Aguila2 in the Phils. with my available dish size. I just want to know if theres any. Thanks for the replies, It helps a lot...

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

in my ancestral home, downslope of mankayan benguet down in the hills of alligator mountain adjacent to private airstrip of lepanto mining company. A remote village called "pukitan" you can find the very first STB they've ever seen in their life. A drop of native drinks "tapey" with the roaring sounds of my clans gongs wave a new very first hope of watching a 56 free channel of D***M TV.

lakaypogi

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lakaypogi
    in my ancestral home, downslope of mankayan benguet down in the hills of alligator mountain adjacent to private airstrip of lepanto mining company. A remote village called "pukitan" you can find the very first STB they've ever seen in their life. A drop of native drinks "tapey" with the roaring sounds of my clans gongs wave a new very first hope of watching a 56 free channel of D***M TV.

lakaypogi
    That line is full of local color, Lakay! Most poetic of all your posts! My wife’s clan is just in Guinaoang, a few meters away from the bridge coming from Abatan. I’ve got one reservation on kids’ continuous watching of Dream TV’s local programs though. The new breed of local screen stars may corrupt their young minds, at mawaglit sa isip nila na wala nang hihigit pa sa kariktang–Igorota!

Thread Information