Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default USB to rs 232 Help!

After installing my rs 232 to USB on my lap top, I configured port 1 & later port 2 as the loader has only 4 ports listed & port 3 & 4 are already in use.

Yet my STB (sky1a) is not talking to my lap top.
    My loader says STB link OK even when I remove the cable from the STB.
    Device manager shows HID & shows the port

It was even worse before as the port could not be seen with the original software installed, but this problem was solved by downloading the drivers from pinoycourt.

So what could be the problem?
    Experts assistance appreciated.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

are you using the cable straight to the box, or having another rs232 to connect. i mean usb-rsr232 converter==>null port/cross rs232 cable===>stb?

if so, was the cable configured properly according to your stb pin assignment? either cross or straight config?

which chipset are you using for the converter (can see this with the original drivers).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    are you using the cable straight to the box, or having another rs232 to connect. i mean usb-rsr232 converter==>null port/cross rs232 cable===>stb?

if so, was the cable configured properly according to your stb pin assignment? either cross or straight config?

which chipset are you using for the converter (can see this with the original drivers).
    Thanks Boknoy
    I had a feeling that you will be the first to reply as I did a search before posting. You do a great job here!

Now to your question I am using a null modem cable attached to the usb to serial.
    Secondly I am not sure if it is a cross or straight cable so will have to check with the shop guy, and get another cable based on what I have.

which chipset are you using for the converter (can see this with the original drivers).[/quote]
    Not sure what you mean?
    But what software I had & what I got from Pinoycourt is similar but the help steps were in pictures so understood the installation better.

Thread Information