Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default fortec ultra lifetime 2

Can a reputable dealer, note i said reputable, please pm me for price on above plus shipping to Perth, WA

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi woolie,

May I ask what you want the Fortecstar for?
    Reason for asking is, if you're after a blindscanner there's a Hyundai box out that does that which is alot faster and cheaper. ($179 from Sattronics)
    I have a Fortecstar myself (bought from ADigitalLife) but was appalled when one of the caps in my powersupply went they couldn't help me with any parts (not even a complete powersupply)
    So I'd steer clear from a brand that has no after sales service left here in oz.
    But like I said it depends what you want the box for as the Hyundai does not have a cardslot.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    Hi woolie,

Reason for asking is, if you're after a blindscanner there's a Hyundai box out that does that which is alot faster and cheaper. ($179 from Sattronics)
    I have a Fortecstar myself (bought from ADigitalLife) but was appalled when one of the caps in my powersupply went they couldn't help me with any parts (not even a complete powersupply)
    So I'd steer clear from a brand that has no after sales service left here in oz.
    But like I said it depends what you want the box for as the Hyundai does not have a cardslot.
    not up to speed on getting auto roll for boxes or most things on these crazy things i have 2 fortec boxes 5100 and fortec ultra lifetime i like watching g.w.n but was hoping this box would work keeping it

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    Hi woolie,

The problem with ADigitallife, is there not a dealership. he simple bought a few [in cartons of 5] then doubled the price, I would doubt he even got a retailers discount, But all the time he big noted himself, When the truth was he was not a technicial person, and could not answer the basic questions about receivers, he left that to his "fans'' on vetruns to do for him.
    If he had a problem with a receiver he simply swapped it, for another one, But that was when he had a few and was selling, now all he keeps is a couple of very basic Manhattens.

I was told that there is someone in Melbourne retailing Fortec, but I can't track them dpwn, IF anyone does know who they are, please post it on here.

Probably for speed of search, the new hyundai would be cheaper and quicker, I can't comment as I don't have one, but I did have Hyundai 100, and the 800ci which served me well for years, And the price is right,
    When we got the first Fortec's in from Dubai, they worked out at $200 landed at the front door, The hyundai is considerably cheaper, and you also get warrenty, back-up, and a vast aray of software options from Hy-sat.
    regards from OZ bassett

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by woolie View Post
    not up to speed on getting auto roll for boxes or most things on these crazy things i have 2 fortec boxes 5100 and fortec ultra lifetime i like watching g.w.n but was hoping this box would work keeping it
    Fortec don't produce a receiver with Auto-roll software, The only way to do it is load Pansat 2500 software, this will give you auto-roll, BUT you will also need a Pansat remote, as you effectivly turn the receiver into a Pansat.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Fortec don't produce a receiver with Auto-roll software, The only way to do it is load Pansat 2500 software, this will give you auto-roll, BUT you will also need a Pansat remote, as you effectivly turn the receiver into a Pansat.
    http://www.al7bar-soft1.com/ basset check this out 510011 fortec ultralifetime 2 both pal i think these both have au correct me if im wrong

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by woolie View Post
    http://www.al7bar-soft1.com/ basset check this out 510011 fortec ultralifetime 2 both pal i think these both have au correct me if im wrong
    Dunno M8, all I could see was this ,

1. English EPG showing properly
    2. Move function is now available in satellite list.

3. Conax card working perfectly
    4. Canal+ Seca card version 7. Updated and verified
    5. TPS ABsat 11681 in Hotbird It is update and working
    6. Patch S/W is modified to enable patch always even after factory setting. No need to press 8943 now.
    7. New BISS key editing method
    Mainly same before but this will be very easier for user.
    1st, Go to the BISS channel to give a BISS key.
    2nd, Go to key table menu by pressing 8282.
    3rd, Select BISS category and press Right button and then message appears then press OK provider ID will be generated automatically and user only put the BISS key.
    8. Auto channel changing problem solved.
    9. Tuner signal problem solved

No talk of auto key update, or if there is I,m reading it wrong,, looks a nice unit, But i doubt we will see them here, and it looks like the softwares configured to work with the "hotbird" programming which we can't access.
    Thanks for the link, Haven't been to AL7bar for ages.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Dunno M8, all I could see was this ,

1. English EPG showing properly
    2. Move function is now available in satellite list.

3. Conax card working perfectly
    4. Canal+ Seca card version 7. Updated and verified
    5. TPS ABsat 11681 in Hotbird It is update and working
    6. Patch S/W is modified to enable patch always even after factory setting. No need to press 8943 now.
    7. New BISS key editing method
    Mainly same before but this will be very easier for user.
    1st, Go to the BISS channel to give a BISS key.
    2nd, Go to key table menu by pressing 8282.
    3rd, Select BISS category and press Right button and then message appears then press OK provider ID will be generated automatically and user only put the BISS key.
    8. Auto channel changing problem solved.
    9. Tuner signal problem solved

No talk of auto key update, or if there is I,m reading it wrong,, looks a nice unit, But i doubt we will see them here, and it looks like the softwares configured to work with the "hotbird" programming which we can't access.
    Thanks for the link, Haven't been to AL7bar for ages.
    thanks basset maybe i should stick with my carpentry making joinery is alot easier task then this .mortice and tenon joint easy making doors easy this shit does my head in

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

No not at all M8, I had no idea there was a mark 2 version of the 5100
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information