Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signal Booster

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Signal Booster

Hi,

I have weired problem, my dishtv signal getting low in the evening from 7 to 11 pm - and can't watch some channels properly. Is there any signal booster for receiver?, is it helpful?, my local technician says a signal booster or signal switch can boost the signal when the signal drops down - Does anybody have real experience?

kindly advise

shakin

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Shakin View Post
    Hi,

I have weired problem, my dishtv signal getting low in the evening from 7 to 11 pm - and can't watch some channels properly. Is there any signal booster for receiver?, is it helpful?, my local technician says a signal booster or signal switch can boost the signal when the signal drops down - Does anybody have real experience?

kindly advise

shakin
    Signal boosters would help only if use a very long or bad cable.

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi,

kindly advise

shakin
    dear friend, as for as i know ' thre is no signal boosters for sat signal ,there is
    no boosters(transisters and ics) avaialable for 3.4 and above ghz)

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

bigger disk might help, but signal booster as our m8 have said it helps only if you have a very long or cheap kind of cable drop & the signal noise is also amplified!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by khan2ton View Post
    bigger disk might help, but signal booster as our m8 have said it helps only if you have a very long or cheap kind of cable drop & the signal noise is also amplified!
    There are booster for 3.4ghz and above are available but it is not needed in this case. As told by Khan2ton these boosters increase the noise also. So bigger dish might help. Also try to optimise your dish when the signal level is low.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post
    dear friend, as for as i know ' thre is no signal boosters for sat signal ,there is
    no boosters(transisters and ics) avaialable for 3.4 and above ghz)

hello friend ..there are boosters avaliable and that can amplifire the signal from 950-2250mhz as this is the IF frequency but i don't think this will help you . as these boosters are neede for long run .

you will need a big dish .

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Shakin,
    Try and do as lnb15k suggests and try to peak your dish when your signal quality is low.
    With your reception diminishing at such hours, I'm wondering whether you might be a victim of terrestrial interference. Maybe something starts up every night that interferes with the frequency of the channel you're trying to watch.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i dunno where you are, but you should have your dishtv receiver's tuner tweaked for better reception.

and of course, a bigger dish is much better.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by IPTV View Post
    hello friend ..there are boosters avaliable and that can amplifire the signal from 950-2250mhz as this is the IF frequency but i don't think this will help you . as these boosters are neede for long run .

you will need a big dish .
    thank u for the news, but plz give me more dtails about ghz boosters.
    regards-george

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

better use a good quality lnb, it will solve the problem

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi,

kindly advise

shakin

As far as I know booster can't do this for u brother.I think u r edge of NSS 6 footprint and the bigger dish will completely finish ur problem as above brothers mentions.

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear shakin
    if u r using zenega then just put one two way spilliter u r problem will be solved.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by rajadada View Post
    Dear shakin
    if u r using zenega then just put one two way spilliter u r problem will be solved.
    now this has got me beat can you please explane ?
    nothing will beat a bigger dish
    ABA

Alexius

nothing beats a high quality lnb... even on a big dish if u have a crap lnb then a smaller dish with better lnb still wins...

Posts Thanks / Likes

but nobody has replied about sat signal boosters....plz any one tell me more about it...its name , model nump and its specification?

Thread Information