Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvb2000

az30094
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default Dvb2000

There was a thread started by 10xer regarding the above subject. I was really interested to know what is DVB2000, and what is the difference between this and the standard DVB-S that we are dealing with every day. Before this could enlighten me, and other members about this subject, the thread was hijacked, and went out of hand. Finally, the mods have to close this thread. I have posted this as a new thread, with respectful acknowledgment to 10xer. This time, I hope nobody hijack this thread and the enlightened members start posting their knowledge in this file.

Come on members. Start displaying your knowledge.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

DVB: digital video brodcast, the international standart for tv brodcasting in satellite and cables.

DVB2000: wer an softwer prdouct that was develop by yolui herman and his group for the grate nokia satellite recivers for the dbox, 9200s,9500s,9600s models, the softwer allow to the user the abelity of edit chanels and a lot more, those modeals wer made with a scsi conection so u cud conect them to your pc and record in to your hdd. wow the grate 1990 days i miss them

this is my nolge abut dvb

regards

aikki

az30094

Thank you aikki for giving such an informative introduction to DVB2000. Is this technology still exists? If yes, which devices support this. I have not heard about it lately.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by az30094 View Post
    There was a thread started by 10xer regarding the above subject. I was really interested to know what is DVB2000, and what is the difference between this and the standard DVB-S that we are dealing with every day. Before this could enlighten me, and other members about this subject, the thread was hijacked, and went out of hand. Finally, the mods have to close this thread. I have posted this as a new thread, with respectful acknowledgment to 10xer. This time, I hope nobody hijack this thread and the enlightened members start posting their knowledge in this file.

Come on members. Start displaying your knowledge.

We'll not take and action if u r still in the rule of Forum and feel free to share u knowledge.We appreciate and thanks for every contribution from our friends.

Best Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by az30094 View Post
    Thank you aikki for giving such an informative introduction to DVB2000. Is this technology still exists? If yes, which devices support this. I have not heard about it lately.
    As mentioned by aikki, DVB2000 was written only for the Nokia Dbox, 9200, 9500 and 9600 family. As far as I am aware there is no other receiver that can use DVB2000. This firmware provided a lot of power and flexibility to the receiver over the official Nokia firmware. While standard firmware for recievers has graphical user interface, the DVB2000 provided a text besed interface. This was not an seen as an issue by the users because its features and power outweighed the little compromise.

Production of this series has been discountinued long time ago. There are however people who are still fans of this great peice of software, holding onto and using it. There are also a few people still developing applications for it (though very minimal in number).

As I understood, DVB2000 is the forerunner for the current crop of the linux based receivers like the Dreambox. And Uli I heard went on to develop the Triple Dragon.

I was also a user of DVB2000 who then collected lots of applications and hardware for it, including the SCSI interface and the so called FAT CAM. I still have my 9500 in good working order, but only kept in respect for this great receiver and firmware.

Like you, when I first heard people talking about DVB2000, I thought it was some sort of a standard. It was actually the year 2000, which made me believe even more so.
    Don't Stop......Keep Learning!

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

i am also wants to share more about dvb2000 and its extrieme uses, but i am affraid now a days to post anything in rdi

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I still have this firmware in a Nokia 9600 but don't use it now. However, I think that it will still work quite well with a season interface and appropriate software, and that there may still be some interesting add-ons in certain Russian forums (such as versions that work with modern multi-cams). For those who don't know, the basic firmware had no decryption capability, but provided a lot of information on channel parameters etc and would even enable one to view MPEG 4:2:2 with an add on (I think this was DVB Recorder but have forgotten the exact programme name now). Uli got angry from time to time because people created patched versions of DVB2000 that made naughty activities easier. I'm not sure how he reconciled this stance with his later involvement with the Triple-Dragon, which I believe can be patched to receive a lot.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post
    i am also wants to share more about dvb2000 and its extrieme uses, but i am affraid now a days to post anything in rdi
    Experts like you should post or else how can we get knowledge? Some years back there were receivers which were compatible with DVB 2000.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post

No problem brother George , we all know who is who.We'll just behind u if u r still in the rule of forum.Plz. share ur knowledge to our friends brother George.

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear All,
    Please provide some goodold experience with DVB2000 loaded in Nokia 9200,9500&9600.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by moderater View Post
    dear mr.selvaraj, what about your box? is it working nice?
    Dear moderater,
    How can you know that I am having Nokia, I think that you are a known person to me.
    My Nokia box is working perfectly with DVB2000.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

He is our old friend with another id His name is George Kamal.

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    He is our old friend with another id His name is George Kamal.
    u r not changed ur charecter..................... dear modes plz stop lnb's bad
    and ugly comments. @lnb , i dont like ur post plz stop it ur unwanted post about me.

Alexius

edit by

Chill , boys ...

Posts Thanks / Likes

edit by

Chill , boys ...

Thread Information