Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    az30094
    Guest
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Default RDI Forum - where is it leading to?


    I am a regular visitor to this forum. I keep a very low profile with occasional posts. Mostly I visit this forum to gain knowledge.

    Lately, I am witnessing a dramatic change in the kind of discussions going on in this forum. The focus is shifting more from sharing knowledge to more towards infighting between the members. Some members hijacking the posts and lead them in a totally different direction. Sometimes, when a member don't like the posting of other member, he starts a negative discussion, and the thread turns into a brawl.

    There is no doubt that there are some very learned members on this forum. I don't want to name them, fearing that by doing that, I may miss out some very deserving members and don't let them feel down. My hats off to such members, who keep themselves active only in useful posts.

    My humble suggestion to all, to respect the views and postings of every member. They are sure to provide some knowledge to some member out there. Not everybody will have the same level of expertize. If some member don't like the post, let him not start a negative discussion. If he can, let him add his knowledge to the thread.

    I hope all the members agree to this and re-start behaving in a civilized manner.

  2. #2
    Banned
    RDI - Board Banned Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    28
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    I agree , behave in a civilized manner .

  3. #3
    canine consultant Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    over the Hill, and down the road
    Posts
    1,318
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Unfortunatly if good people don't stand up for what's right, then the uncontrolable mob take over .
    regards from OZ bassett

  4. #4
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Down the road
    Posts
    203
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    I am one of those members who has absolutely nothing to offer, about this technology.The little that I have learned,I learned from you.I appreciate this,quite a lot.I hope that one day I will become more proficient, at this hobby.I will probably not be able to do this without everyones help.I hope to one day be able to contribute,to other members.I thought, that's what this forum was about.Let's stay positive,for sure members like myself need you all.

  5. #5
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    21.95° N 97.06° E
    Posts
    6,263
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by az30094 View Post
    I am a regular visitor to this forum. I keep a very low profile with occasional posts. Mostly I visit this forum to gain knowledge.

    Lately, I am witnessing a dramatic change in the kind of discussions going on in this forum. The focus is shifting more from sharing knowledge to more towards infighting between the members. Some members hijacking the posts and lead them in a totally different direction. Sometimes, when a member don't like the posting of other member, he starts a negative discussion, and the thread turns into a brawl.

    There is no doubt that there are some very learned members on this forum. I don't want to name them, fearing that by doing that, I may miss out some very deserving members and don't let them feel down. My hats off to such members, who keep themselves active only in useful posts.

    My humble suggestion to all, to respect the views and postings of every member. They are sure to provide some knowledge to some member out there. Not everybody will have the same level of expertize. If some member don't like the post, let him not start a negative discussion. If he can, let him add his knowledge to the thread.

    I hope all the members agree to this and re-start behaving in a civilized manner.

    Agree , we should try to built the fourm much butter than now and hope behave in a civilize manner between us.


    Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

    DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .



  6. #6
    Byte Stalker Mentor
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth in Universe
    Posts
    939
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    with due respect to all my m8s,
    no man is an island! one one knows the others don't vice versa! everybody has a right to each own opinion, this is what forums are all about, exchange of ideas & knowlege!

    respectfully,
    khan
    ************************************
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

  7. #7
    canine consultant Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    over the Hill, and down the road
    Posts
    1,318
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    I am one of those members who has absolutely nothing to offer, about this technology.The little that I have learned,I learned from you.I appreciate this,quite a lot.I hope that one day I will become more proficient, at this hobby.I will probably not be able to do this without everyones help.I hope to one day be able to contribute,to other members.I thought, that's what this forum was about.Let's stay positive,for sure members like myself need you all.
    Know, how you feel, I can still remember that large box arriving many years ago, and felt sure I had done my cash.
    It was a satellite kit, dish, LNB, analogue receiver [with 50 channel loading] and book of instructions.
    No dealers round the corner, no computers, No internet, no digital, no help from anyone.. So I got stuck in , the thing sat there for a week, Then I found a Boy Scout, [dib,dib, dob,dob] with a compass, and a couple of weeks later we had pictures on the TV set. Optus B1 interchange, via a solid 1.6 prime focus dish Ku band.
    I was only thinking the other day, had the large box not arrived, how much richer I would be NOW.
    regards from OZ bassett

  8. #8
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts
    5,711
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    lol.... that's why you can always shift your focus to lesser things, say.... buy an H3 and spice it up like crazy?
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

  9. #9
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    167
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    i think there should be a check not to starta thread with same kinda topic.many members start new thread without making a search hence waste space of the forum.
    if opening a new thread would need some kind of approval frm mods then may be forum will have positive threads only.

    i hope i conveyed my point of view.
    Dreambox Dm 500
    Nilesat,PanAm sat 7/10,Paksat 1,Arabsat,Hotbird

  10. #10
    Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,090
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    I have seen this happening in another satellite forum. There the MODs were very rude and instead of bringing peace in the forum they were fighting.

    They moderated the posts before it was made public, it took some time before the posts were made public. Then members lost interest and it lead to gradual fall in visitors.

  11. #11
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    21.95° N 97.06° E
    Posts
    6,263
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tufail_74 View Post
    i think there should be a check not to starta thread with same kinda topic.many members start new thread without making a search hence waste space of the forum.
    if opening a new thread would need some kind of approval frm mods then may be forum will have positive threads only.

    i hope i conveyed my point of view.

    Thanks for ur comment bro.

    Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

    DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .



  12. #12
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    yadanabon
    Posts
    90
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by az30094 View Post
    I am a regular visitor to this forum. I keep a very low profile with occasional posts. Mostly I visit this forum to gain knowledge.

    Lately, I am witnessing a dramatic change in the kind of discussions going on in this forum. The focus is shifting more from sharing knowledge to more towards infighting between the members. Some members hijacking the posts and lead them in a totally different direction. Sometimes, when a member don't like the posting of other member, he starts a negative discussion, and the thread turns into a brawl.

    There is no doubt that there are some very learned members on this forum. I don't want to name them, fearing that by doing that, I may miss out some very deserving members and don't let them feel down. My hats off to such members, who keep themselves active only in useful posts.

    My humble suggestion to all, to respect the views and postings of every member. They are sure to provide some knowledge to some member out there. Not everybody will have the same level of expertize. If some member don't like the post, let him not start a negative discussion. If he can, let him add his knowledge to the thread.

    I hope all the members agree to this and re-start behaving in a civilized manner.
    Yes..Very Good , I felt as u .
    I can say as u , but I'm poor in english .
    Every body should be know ... the prouding will destroy of that man's improvement .

  13. #13
    Pushtoon Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bosnia Harzegovenia
    Posts
    293
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Agree , we should try to built the fourm much butter than now and hope behave in a civilize manner between us.


    Regards.

    May be u agree.

    Chick fabio !What he say


    [===-==-=-]
    There is no word of IMPOSSIBLE in my dictionary.

    Dreambox 500, Humax 5400Z,Spark DVB 3000 HDD
    One Dish Hotbird,Nail sat, Other Astra 28.2

  14. #14
    canine consultant Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    over the Hill, and down the road
    Posts
    1,318
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tufail_74 View Post
    i think there should be a check not to starta thread with same kinda topic.many members start new thread without making a search hence waste space of the forum.
    if opening a new thread would need some kind of approval frm mods then may be forum will have positive threads only.

    i hope i conveyed my point of view.
    This is an open forum , not a dictatership,

    So what have you contributed in the 5 minutes you have been here..
    regards from OZ bassett

  15. #15
    az30094
    Guest
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Default


    It has restarted.

    There is a unending fight going on between lnb15k and moderater in all threads. These two guys are hijacking every possible thread and starting a fight there. I respectfully ask these two gentlemen to stop this nonsense and start giving your best in terms of your knowledge in the field of satellite technology. Do you guys realize how much time and energy you are wasting in these types of posts that serve no useful purpose to anybody? Or do they?

    I know mods are very busy and they have other better jobs to do. But I suggest them to simply delete any post that is not related to satellite technology. This way, you deprive the mischief mongers a platform to fight.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top