Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default To our S.African RDI members

Hi there,
    Recently got Multichoice back after nearly a year and was disappointed to see that the wonderful Afrikaans soap '7de Laan' on SABC has lost its English language subtitles !
    I found this soap with its translated subtitles an excellent way to keep up my Afrikaans language.
    Anyone know why and how this happened and whether the subtitles are ever likely to return ?
    Dankie/Thank you

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Hi there,
    Recently got Multichoice back after nearly a year and was disappointed to see that the wonderful Afrikaans soap '7de Laan' on SABC has lost its English language subtitles !
    I found this soap with its translated subtitles an excellent way to keep up my Afrikaans language.
    Anyone know why and how this happened and whether the subtitles are ever likely to return ?
    Dankie/Thank you
    Try pushing your subtitle sbutton..... MM1 movies also have English subtitles too
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ******2engineer View Post
    Try pushing your subtitle sbutton..... MM1 movies also have English subtitles too
    Thanks for that ..........the DMbox 500 rcu has no subtitle button ! It has a text button which does not display subtiltles.
    Yes perhaps there is yet another 'hidden' feature in the box not mentioned in the manual ( same as the newly discovered freeze function ! )
    In view of your easy access to this channel could YOU please check next time 7de Laan on SABC comes on whether YOU get English subtitles .
    If you get them then clearly a subtitle function is to be found hidden somewhere on the DM box .
    Thanks

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for that ..........the DMbox 500 rcu has no subtitle button ! It has a text button which does not display subtiltles.
    Yes perhaps there is yet another 'hidden' feature in the box not mentioned in the manual ( same as the newly discovered freeze function ! )
    In view of your easy access to this channel could YOU please check next time 7de Laan on SABC comes on whether YOU get English subtitles .
    If you get them then clearly a subtitle function is to be found hidden somewhere on the DM box .
    Thanks

You give me the time to watch it and I will tell ya....

Deal?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

You give me the time to watch it and I will tell ya....

Deal?
    Sorry I'm out of luck. Cannot get ANY schedules on the dstv website; see below........!
    Tried also the SABC 2 schedules which had 7de Laan at 3pm CAT but clearly the Multichoice schedules are special as has different programming !

"We are in the process of upgrading our scheduling software. This will enable future PVR functionality.
    As such we only have scheduling data available 7 days in advance. Please bear with us during this transition. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

CANNOT GET ANY SCHEDULING ON THE WEBSITE DESPITE WHAT THEY SAY ABOVE...YOU TRY !

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

how much did it cost to take Multichoice package . ?

i want to know about the STB and VC and package rate.

thanks.
    You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mj786 View Post
    how much did it cost to take Multichoice package . ?

i want to know about the STB and VC and package rate.

thanks.
    Depends on HOW you want to watch. See the huge no of postings on this forum.
    Last edited by cogil; 6th June 2007 at 23:19. Reason: much to watch request

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Sorry I'm out of luck. Cannot get ANY schedules on the dstv website; see below........!
    Tried also the SABC 2 schedules which had 7de Laan at 3pm CAT but clearly the Multichoice schedules are special as has different programming !

"We are in the process of upgrading our scheduling software. This will enable future PVR functionality.
    As such we only have scheduling data available 7 days in advance. Please bear with us during this transition. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

CANNOT GET ANY SCHEDULING ON THE WEBSITE DESPITE WHAT THEY SAY ABOVE...YOU TRY !
    Well if you visted my website you can see how to get the correct schedules for the cband service mate. Yes it is different from the KU package in South Africa

12:00 7de Laan
    Rating: (Family)
    Duration: 00:30
    » Add to Planner
    A local, multi-cultural soap that deals with the trials, tribulations, laughter and trauma of a group of people living in a trendy suburb of Johannesburg.

10:30 7de Laan - Omnibus
    Duration: 02:00
    » Set email reminder
    » Add to Planner
    A local, multi-cultural soap that deals with the trials, tribulations, laughter and trauma of a group of people living in a trendy suburb of Johannesburg

It's on a different times

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well if you visted my website you can see how to get the correct schedules for the cband service mate. Yes it is different from the KU package in South Africa

» Add to Planner
    A local, multi-cultural soap that deals with the trials, tribulations, laughter and trauma of a group of people living in a trendy suburb of Johannesburg.

» Set email reminder
    » Add to Planner
    A local, multi-cultural soap that deals with the trials, tribulations, laughter and trauma of a group of people living in a trendy suburb of Johannesburg

Hi, what is ur website

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

» Add to Planner

» Set email reminder
    » Add to Planner

Thanks. Did not in fact check the KU package as I know this is different but checked the c band package for countries such as Ethiopia which do not have the ku package .....but schedules currently not available there !
    Its good you have your own schedule on your website which I understand is www.taiwansatellite.tv. Can you please check if you get the English subtitles on 7de Laan please . Thanks

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks. Did not in fact check the KU package as I know this is different but checked the c band package for countries such as Ethiopia which do not have the ku package .....but schedules currently not available there !
    Its good you have your own schedule on your website which I understand is www.taiwansatellite.tv. Can you please check if you get the English subtitles on 7de Laan please . Thanks

Will do so. I've had to put on a new lnb after a concrete truck went past and snapped the coax and broke the conenctor out of the lnb. Also the dish was covered in algae after 4 years so had to clean that off too.

Pissing rain atm so string new 75m coax will have to wait for a bit.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

dear cband

press the audio buton and u see on the bootom subtitle u have to set it with the remote set it on english and then press ok

hope i helped

regards

aikki

Thread Information