Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Hotbird's Bad Singnal in midnight hours in karachi Pakistan.

I cant seem to understand why there is a problem of signal recept in Karachi Pakistan, here hotbird seems to loose signal strength starting 7:00 p.m. everyday with total lost of singnals for perticular list of channels, and back on again after 6-10 hours, with no change in the physical hardware or software.

If someone can help me with this one, i will be really greatful. i have 0.9dB KU band LNB, 8' dish (fiber), Technosat Bodyguard 555 reciever.

Bhaion, meri madad karo, i m accha baccha in a real need.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i think a solid dish would be more appropriate. anyhow, there is really some fluctuations on satellite signals as these birds don't stay stationary like we believe it is. that is why, telcos using satellites have motorized dishes, which AUTOMATICALLY moves a few inches/centimeters at a time to track the signals of the moving birds, however "geostationary" they may be.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

1- boknoy_ph is very right abt. so called geo-stationery being not really THAT MUCH geo-stationery.

2- Another factor is LNB's performance under high-noon time temperature & comparatively cooler evening. To test this aspect try adjusting frequency value like this:
    Let's say if Multivision has freq. 10796000 & it performs well during day time...try freq. 10795000 or 10797000 in evenings (what I mean is increase or decrease value on either side of the frequency giving good result in day time). It should make difference...I,m sure!

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Fundom bro, thx for the advise but if i could have known about this earlier, i would not have put 1000 holes in my roof jsut to set the dish right.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Save your energy - no more holing (at least) in the roof .

BTW I know a guy who started with a 6-ft solid dish....& ended up finally with a 12-ft solid dish in search of stronger signal & a lot more channels. Well he just did not end up with a 12-ft dish only....when a windstorm blew through his dish, it came down with a big chunk of roof concrete....still bolted to its base.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Hotbird's Bad Singnal in midnight hours in karachi Pakis

Quote Originally Posted by Shehzie
    I cant seem to understand why there is a problem of signal recept in Karachi Pakistan, here hotbird seems to loose signal strength starting 7:00 p.m. everyday with total lost of singnals for perticular list of channels, and back on again after 6-10 hours, with no change in the physical hardware or software.

If someone can help me with this one, i will be really greatful. i have 0.9dB KU band LNB, 8' dish (fiber), Technosat Bodyguard 555 reciever.

Bhaion, meri madad karo, i m accha baccha in a real need.
    Try to refocus ur LNB at night time across 1000Pm and try to get maximum signal of weak frequency like,12015,12092,12577,11604 . this new setting will remain effective for next 5-6 months until satellite position is slightly changed with respect ot earth.
    Try and give ur feedback.

VIRGO

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I had a problem with Thaicom3 ku band... similar in fact.

So I bought some FUJI SS1 T20 Universal LNB for prime focus dish

The signal quality from the MTI 11300 KU LNB was doubled as can be seen from these pics. I never lost the signals after installing the Fuji

If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@irdeto2engineer,

images not loading? anyhow, can you give me some advice on how to do cardsharing, which hardware do i need? my house is starting to look like spaghetti with all the cables and wires around.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default *~* Helllo *~*

hows all
    listen i have six **** dish i set it in sialkot and i near about got all channels
    like what my brother says i also have same problem it starts form 11.00 to 3.00 pm only on arab sat ok
    u know that in 24 hours satellite changes its through for once and that time change like moon earth time ok its for just one or two hours . all satellite do this but that satelllite where we got strong signal we can,t feel it but where we have week singnal there we feel ok. but when i don,t know about it you know what i did i focus my lnb twise in 24 hours to get ok signal ok but know i applies above friend rule up down freq ok thats what i think
    i think u will be cleared

*~* Pakistani-forum.com *~*

Thread Information