Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default DM BOX CONUNDRUM ..please advise !

All my radio channels from various sats are together on a Radio favourites bouquet .This was no problem. Now I want to add the Astro radio channels to the list.
    I 've found that the Astro radio channels load TOGETHER with the TV channels.
    Question : [The DM manual is sketchy and only outlines functions. A proper manual would be twice as thick ].
    How do I take the Astro audio channels from the tv list and add to my radio favorites bouquet ?

The red highlighting of channels to transfer them to a bouquet is a really wierd system the DM Box engneers dreamed up and is in my view a real headache..for starters the red highlighting makes the channels names blurred and illegible on my tv screen..
    Secondly the highlighting remains on the services menu after the transfer ....take the highlighting of a channel off and that channel on the bouquet also is taken off !
    So it seems you cannot transfer highllighted channels from the services list more than once..ie to put in a radio favourites list.
    HELP ...ADVICE PLEASE

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    All my radio channels from various sats are together on a Radio favourites bouquet .This was no problem. Now I want to add the Astro radio channels to the list.
    I 've found that the Astro radio channels load TOGETHER with the TV channels.
    Question : [The DM manual is sketchy and only outlines functions. A proper manual would be twice as thick ].
    How do I take the Astro audio channels from the tv list and add to my radio favorites bouquet ?

The red highlighting of channels to transfer them to a bouquet is a really wierd system the DM Box engneers dreamed up and is in my view a real headache..for starters the red highlighting makes the channels names blurred and illegible on my tv screen..
    Secondly the highlighting remains on the services menu after the transfer ....take the highlighting of a channel off and that channel on the bouquet also is taken off !
    So it seems you cannot transfer highllighted channels from the services list more than once..ie to put in a radio favourites list.
    HELP ...ADVICE PLEASE
    YOU Have ASTRO amazing how did you get that
    What you really need to do is change that firmware on box upgrade youll also get on Astro the FULL EPG + radio .. Ah also you wanna control and edit them channels with Dreambox edit

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by PhuketSatellite View Post
    YOU Have ASTRO amazing how did you get that
    What you really need to do is change that firmware on box upgrade youll also get on Astro the FULL EPG + radio .. Ah also you wanna control and edit them channels with Dreambox edit

Thanks for that. It would be great to get all the radio channels from each and every bouquet together !
    Yes where does one find and how does one do what you wrote below !
    "change that firmware on box upgrade"
    Thanks

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for that. It would be great to get all the radio channels from each and every bouquet together !
    Yes where does one find and how does one do what you wrote below !
    "change that firmware on box upgrade"
    Thanks
    To change the FIRMWARE is best to call your technician as im sure he could talk you through this procces in 9 mins flat without any problems

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

To change the FIRMWARE is best to call your technician as im sure he could talk you through this procces in 9 mins flat without any problems

Gee a reflash of all the DM series of set top boxes takes less then 2 minutes even with Dream Up ..

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

So is it agreed by all ...with the DM Box one cannot put radio channels that happen to download as tv channels back in the correct list unless one uses fresh image /editing software ?

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

did you try it with dreamedit?
    DM 600+80GB DM 7020+160GB+ LED 55"

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

So is it agreed by all ...with the DM Box one cannot put radio channels that happen to download as tv channels back in the correct list unless one uses fresh image /editing software ?
    Sorry cband there are a few in this FORUM with stupid comments and confuse the matter with your questions and they are not helping people on this FORUM maybe jealois dealer's

I do understand what your trying to do as you well know by now
    Mr felicianf is the only person who reply here with a good positive reply as he say TRY Dream EDIT that will do the trick . As for the FIRMWARE upgrade as you know this is not a 2min Job and recall as KU BAND with his stupid comment post AS YOU KNOW you have many servers running and this configuration of servers must be saved first BEFORE YOU use DREAM UP ?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

As for the FIRMWARE upgrade as you know this is not a 2min Job and recall as KU BAND with his stupid comment post AS YOU KNOW you have many servers running and this configuration of servers must be saved first BEFORE YOU use DREAM UP ?
    That comment was not helpful was it?

One assumes he knows to back everything up with DCC prior to a 2 minute firmware upgrade ..

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kuband View Post
    That comment was not helpful was it?

One assumes he knows to back everything up with DCC prior to a 2 minute firmware upgrade ..
    If you read again we say THIS IS NOT A 2 MIN JOB

Yes he knows he has to back everything up he has been told already

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes he knows he has to back everything up he has been told already

Indeed and this where I beg to differ - when you learn how to use DreamUp in the manner it was designed to be used in, or for that matter anyone of the many other tools for this purpose you will see I am correct.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kuband View Post
    Indeed and this where I beg to differ - when you learn how to use DreamUp in the manner it was designed to be used in, or for that matter anyone of the many other tools for this purpose you will see I am correct.
    Yes agreed but this is not all he wants to do
    There are others things missing in this post that he has not told you and that DreamUp alone will not let him do

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes agreed but this is not all he wants to do
    There are others things missing in this post that he has not told you and that DreamUp alone will not let him do

I did re-read this again, and I did comment on the facts presented in the thread above, not on mind reading skills.

Brother C band why did you not tell us the whole story here, as there appears to be some missing pieces to this well constructed puzzle?

So please stop attacking everyone on this site brother satthai/phuketsat.

As you say you write all the xml files on the net in a previous thread which based on your comment here I find very difficult to believe, why not tell our brother C band how a simple change of the '1' flag to a '2' flag will solve his problems with his Astro radio like it has for most other DM set top box providers across the region (note I use the word most)?

Alexius

changing that flag turns on the BAT function within the channel finder...

which is supposed to put providers list in order like on a provider's own equipment...

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default the DM MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    changing that flag turns on the BAT function within the channel finder...

which is supposed to put providers list in order like on a provider's own equipment...
    .................................................. ..................................................
    Alex please explain to me and others where you find flag 1 and flag 2 , what they look like , how one changes them and what will happen when one does..
    Thanks
    Sorry for my ignorance never come across flags in a sat receiver before...usually used in relation to countries ..tor tong in Thai .
    Also is that the word for MARKER also a new word...used in the manual without a picture or explaing exactly what it is .
    The manual is tooooo short and has clear mistranslations from the German which I have to consult to clear up ambiguities.
    Thanks Alex

Thread Information