Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Reliance DTH secures Licence, to launch by Year End

NEW DELHI: Anil Ambani group company Reliance Bluemagic has become the fourth private player to secure licence to offer direct to home (DTH) services and plans to start operations by the fourth quarter of this year

An agreement to this effect was signed by Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (R-ADAG) president AN Sethuraman and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting director Arvind Kumar.

According to sources, Reliance Bluemagic (RB) plans to start the DTH service by this year-end.

With this, RB becomes the fourth private player after Dish TV, Tata Sky and Sun TV to have secured licence to operate in the fast-growing DTH segment.

RB's foray into DTH is a part of the ambitious plans by ADAG to expand in the media and entertainment business, where it has started a slew of services.

In the big screen entertainment, group company Adlabs plans to have 125 screens across India by September.

In the FM Radio segment, the Group has got licence to operate in 40 cities across India and has already made 17 of them operational. It runs FM channel under the brand Big FM.

Recently, the group had picked up stake in TV Today and made an open offer to acquire up to 35 per cent in the media house, which runs leading Hindi channel Aaj Tak, Tej and English news channel Headlines Today. It also has stakes in NDTV, Zee enterprises and UTV Software.

ADAG had also planned to bombard the Internet medium with different services such as Zapak.com, the gaming portal where it would invest $ 100 million; Bigadda, a social networking site which is currently in testing phase.
    You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

dear mj
    dont cut and paste from other site, give the link, so that we(all) read it from the site, once give the link everybody go and check it daily like u and know the news,

anyway thanks for the good news
    bye

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by pondyguy View Post
    dear mj
    dont cut and paste from other site, give the link, so that we(all) read it from the site, once give the link everybody go and check it daily like u and know the news,

anyway thanks for the good news
    bye
    ok i will take the thanks..

but the reason why i am pasting the text is clear to me. I know most of the people will be busy with work etc and hence they wont have time to click or check that link, whenever we click the link it will take some time to load and also it will sometimes hang the system, so i thought when one can open the thread to see what is it then he will read it here itself. Why to waste his time checking the link etc.

And about the link, the link wont be active for many days, (only some of the links wont) so if say someone sees the link after 1 month or so then the link wont be active. I know it happens only in few cases.
    You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks MJ for the news. Any idea of when Sun Dth going to start?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for keeping Us Update

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mj786 View Post
    ok i will take the thanks..

but the reason why i am pasting the text is clear to me. I know most of the people will be busy with work etc and hence they wont have time to click or check that link, whenever we click the link it will take some time to load and also it will sometimes hang the system, so i thought when one can open the thread to see what is it then he will read it here itself. Why to waste his time checking the link etc.

And about the link, the link wont be active for many days, (only some of the links wont) so if say someone sees the link after 1 month or so then the link wont be active. I know it happens only in few cases.
    Thanks for posting the news. Yes for me too the Internet explorer hangs so reading here is convenient.
    Last edited by rxdxer; 25th May 2007 at 18:56.

Thread Information