Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default dream tv key question

hi to all,,,excuse my ignorance ,but wondering if someone could explain why there are 2 keys,,one active ,,and the other for what?is there any advantage in entering both keys,or is the active one only required?,,,thnx in advance,,,dave.

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    hi to all,,,excuse my ignorance ,but wondering if someone could explain why there are 2 keys,,one active ,,and the other for what?is there any advantage in entering both keys,or is the active one only required?,,,thnx in advance,,,dave.
    dear davidss.....one key is working key...yes ur right...but other one is
    for next key..it means....only one key is working at any time...but the providersr changing the keys at time to time.....we can watch with anyone of index key,for example...u can watch with just index"00"....if the provider using index"00",but after ' if the provider change the key with index"01"....how we can watch?if we put the key with index"01" already ,then we can watch tv without interruption .....but it should be correct key....if its wrong then we must edit the "01"key.....so we need "00 and 01" index keys....for "NAGRAVISION" ncrypted channels.....
    goodluck.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hi george ,,thanx for clarifying that for me

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi george ,,thanx for clarifying that for me
    its all right, brother.............

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I think u need only one active key 00 or 01.But back to last year Dream tv using both keys to watch the whole package.On that days if u put 00 key then some transponders will work but some r not.So that u need both 00 and 01.But nowadays they only use one index key and u also need only one active key as bro george explain.But dream tv haven't next key.

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Thread Information