Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

alibaba
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default Turksat 1C problem

to all experts,

last night i was trying to install turksat 1C using a 120cm dish to get the NBA channel using biss encryption. Unfortunately i was not able to get the signal and the NBA channel or any Turksat 1C channels. I'm using satlook for satellite dish installation. My location is Dubai. Does any one successfully install Turksat 1C using a 120cm dish here in the middle east? Please help me..NBA championship is very neer.

thanks in advance.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

alibaba,

yeps, actually my friend here is also using satlook to tune the receivers. just called him up last night and i ordered a 120cm dish from him, for turksat. they were able to install several dishes already here in kuwait.

alibaba

boknoy,

thanks for the reply..i will just try again using my 120 cm or else better to use a bigger one i don't know exactly if there is someone there from Dubai or UAE who successfully install this satellite. your lucky in kuwait to get this signal..i hope i can shoot the bird tonight coz its getting hot in here

thnks once again.

alibaba

boknoy,

i checked the footprint of the Turkst 1C east beam here in the Dubai, UAE. unfortunately we are outside the footprint. considering that the footprint diagram is not that accurate, still the maximum dBW (EIRP) that we can receive is less than 40 dBW and it requires more than 150 cm size of dish. actually it took me hours last night using 120cm just to get this bird and i was starting to think that my "satellite dish installation skills" is failing me. now i understand.. you are lucky in kuwait because you are inside the footprint and you can really get it using just a 120 cm dish.

check this out for the dish size..

http://www.mlesat.com/calculat.html

i just ordered i 180 cm dish from my friend in the market and they will deliver it today..i will just follow the rule: the bigger the better..it keeps me motivated

thanks again

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by alibaba
    boknoy,

thanks for the reply..i will just try again using my 120 cm or else better to use a bigger one i don't know exactly if there is someone there from Dubai or UAE who successfully install this satellite. your lucky in kuwait to get this signal..i hope i can shoot the bird tonight coz its getting hot in here

thnks once again.

@alibaba

If you are using manual setup through your STB, use STB with FEC (1/2, 3/4, 5/6..etc) options like Humax, Signal, etc... It will help you faster dish setup. If you are using STB with Frequency, Symbol Rate & Polarization only, chances are - your installation last for several days or weeks. If you are using clone Metabox for dish alignment, chances are you will not get green quality signal.

If you can afford to buy motorized dish it would ease your installation.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@alibaba,

with 120cm dish, possible, yes, but VERY difficult. so i just told my friend to bring me a 5.5ft dish (170cm) an lnb and some wires. still awaiting delivery after lunch or sometime this evening.

@guru,

nice tip, it really helps a lot if you can manually set your tuner to the exact settings like the SR, etc. but it won't help if you are not getting the signal in the first place. been looking for motorized accessories here in kuwait, the only thing i found is a east-west motor, (good only for directional movements, such as a yagi antenna, not inclination and lnb/dish rotation).

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

boknoy,

thnks once again.

M8,

Sorry I didn't notice your location is out of footprints. You are not lucky to have NBA TV, but don't lose hope, search for other packages. Your location is in the middle of visible satellites with NBA cracked.
    h**p://www.loralskynet.com/fleet/telstar18/telstar18_ku.htm
    h**p://www.satcom.gov.tr/t2a_dogu.htm
    h**p://www.ses-astra.com/satellites/footprints.php?sat=11

You can subscribe to Showtime package, you have the best signal then.
    h**p://www.nilesat.com.eg/nilesat_eirp_Enlarg.htm

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

yeah NBA is on nilesat under showtime on ******

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hmmmm...... got my Turksat up. problem with metabox, it seems it cannot decode the BISS keys. any feedback about this?

alibaba

Boknoy,

download the latest software from UCAS city. then edit the DWC in the code edit menu. get the new codes from the RDI - biss key section.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Boknoy,
    download the latest software from UCAS city. then edit the DWC in the code edit menu. get the new codes from the RDI - biss key section.
    i do have the latest Dreamsoft 1.4.3.7upd installed. input the keys correctly, BISS shows green, which means key is correct, but still scrambled.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

alibaba,

thanks, i finally figured it out. no need to change the CAID 2600 or anything for that matter, i simply input the keys on the ODD section of DCW edit in metabox3.

Thread Information