Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    n00b Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default bad sector remover

is anbody known to remove bad sector from hard disk any software ok

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: bad sector remover

Quote Originally Posted by msalman
    we are here to share SATs knowledge ,,,any how if your hard drive's brand is Seagate then you may use DM9(disk manager 9) is available in s/w CDs.If it is Quantum then powermax is the best utility to remove bad sector.
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: bad sector remover

You can try 0 filling by software from its Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by msalman

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi dear....

if ur hdd brand is one of segate, quantum or maxtor u can do it efficiently....
    how thats what i m going to tell u....
    u can zero fill the drive with its corresponding Disk manager software (DM) or u cant perform a Low level format, Low level format is also called the distructiver format it can damage ur harddrive as most of the drives does not support low level format so dont try it ....
    the other ulternative is ....
    the best for u....
    just use a software called HDD Regenerator......
    run it and then u r done.....
    the best part is u wont lose ur data.....
    cheeerss......

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

bad sector is a physical damage on the drive, and no amount of zero fill or low level formatting can help you. the best thing for you to do, is run the Disk Manager (or the software suitable for your hdd according to manufacturer) and let it MARK the bad sectors for you, after that, hope that no more bad sector appears. if, however, these are still persistent and your drive is fairly new, send it back to the dealer since you have your RMA warranty for that. I managed to damage 3 WD hdd last year and the dealer had no problem about it, simply replaced the drives and off i went again.

Ali4u

Default u can try this !

there are two types of HDD bad sectors ... one is caused by virus or if there is some data that has'nt been used for a long time ....so it cuases the HDD to make a bad secotor .. this type of bad sector is called logical bad sector .. and this can be simply removed by any software provided by the company ... check for your manufacture ... and the type is physical bad sector ... which are permenant bad sectors .. all u need will is to have them marked with zero or you can use NDD ( Norton disk doctor ) to get the job done for you ..... you can search NDD on google .. better use the DOS version ... and it will not damage any of your data but will realocate it to a fresh sector and will mark the old one as bad ... you can get the dos version from installing the windows version Norton utilites and get the dos version from it .. the file name will be NDD.EXE and NDD.HLP you only need these two files ...to run it under DOS environment....you can also try a utility called maxtor low level format ... "MAXLLF" but the large capcity hard disk dont support low level format ... so if you are having a smaller HDD then use it on any manufacture ... as i have used it... it has worked for me always ...i think its enough ... may it help you too ...

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

it's always good to have a backup. i have my hdd backed up on a 10-cd series by norton ghost. hard disks nowadays are not as good as they were before.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

western digital is the most complicated hard drive i've tried alot to remove bad sectors but i think its not as easy as quantam maxtor or seagate.
    i will prefer IBM hdd...better then all..
    Im NoT InSaNe ,U r InSaNe , U r All InSaNe....

Ali4u

Quote Originally Posted by baba4u
    western digital is the most complicated hard drive i've tried alot to remove bad sectors but i think its not as easy as quantam maxtor or seagate.
    i will prefer IBM hdd...better then all..
    try maxllf i mean maxtor low level format ...it will help u .. as it helped me ....

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i used to use western digitals and they were sturdy and reliable (back when the capacity was 100mb to 500mb only). but since last year when i killed 3 western digitals, i switched back to maxtor. seagate WAS also a good company, but when they bought that connor drives, and started labeling connor drives as seagate, that's when seagate started going bad. maxtor and quantum are kinda ok, specially the fireball series. the smallest hdd size i had was a 10mb! hrhrhrhr.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

dm500 is the best for seagate hard drive
    if u have maxtor u have to use o fill software
    u can download this software from i mash and www.driverguide.com

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i think we shud create another forum to discuss the computer softwares and hardwares

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    it's always good to have a backup. i have my hdd backed up on a 10-cd series by norton ghost. hard disks nowadays are not as good as they were before.
    i think burning data on DvDz is best way to have backup

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

baba4u,

the best way for me is to use RAID array with data stripping and mirror on another drive. but then again, i am not into any sensitive data, so i backup my personal files and have my installers ready all the time (load up on some protection, like AV, firewall, antispyware, etc. this saves the headache of having to reformat because of virii, trojans, etc)

yeah, i think we should have another section for pc problems.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    baba4u,

the best way for me is to use RAID array with data stripping and mirror on another drive. but then again, i am not into any sensitive data, so i backup my personal files and have my installers ready all the time (load up on some protection, like AV, firewall, antispyware, etc. this saves the headache of having to reformat because of virii, trojans, etc)

yeah, i think we should have another section for pc problems.
    i use antivirus of norton but b4 a year i lost very important data of mine of flash websites my 60 G.B maxtor left me alone in this cruel wolrd....i lost about 40 G.B of data in total .. simple cdr only can save 700Mb eventhough u can write a big quantity of data on dvdz ..hard drive is not a reliable source .

Thread Information