Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dreambox issue

Alexius
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default dreambox issue

ok i have a dm 500s clone...

i'm trying to add channels to it.. not too difficult i thought...

i push menu, goto setup
    goto service searching
    and no matter if i click automatic transponder scan, automatic multisat scan, manual transponder scan, my box shows me the gemini project screen, then the starting CCCam message then its back to the tv... what's going on?

i'm not doing something wrong am I?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post

i push menu, goto setup
    goto service searching
    and no matter if i click automatic transponder scan, automatic multisat scan, manual transponder scan, my box shows me the gemini project screen, then the starting CCCam message then its back to the tv... what's going on?

.................................................. .............
    HI Alexius
    I did tell you I had the same problem...at least I think its the same problem and that it took me a few days to work out what the problem was. Are you searching having first checked there is a strong signal ? If so its likely to be this. ..........
    It is the old story you cannot open a door thats already open. So you cannot add channels that have aleady been added

Its the fact that there are several channel lists. The channels have probably been added already not to the main list but the "new found list."

You add them to the main list by transmogrifying them into red by pressing ok then adding them the existing bouquet...this is in the menu. Magically ...this method not found in any other receiver I know DOES work and the channels magically are added to your bouquet You then have to delete the exclamation markers on these new found channels and you will see remove markers in another list ...click and remove eack marker in turn. Cheers

Alexius

ok i forgot to add in the above post that before i could do anything, select anything or push anything after selecting any of the three searching modes it would blink back to the gemini screen and tell me it was starting CCCam

but i figured it out...

it was crashing and doing a mini-reboot... i was logged into it on the computer at the same time as trying to update via remote... i was using a mac program called idreamx which works really well with the clone box and the lower version of gemini that it came with apart from that..

Alexius

ok, i got the channels added, now i'm a lazy git, i don't want to have to sit there and put all the channels in order... do u have any idea how long that will take?

i've found the BAT setting in the transponder setup, and i've switched that on, now how do i get the bouquet to auto channel sort? so that i see the same channel list on my dreambox what others using the broadcasters equipment see?

thank you in advance...

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

ok, i got the channels added, now i'm a lazy git, i don't want to have to sit there and put all the channels in order... do u have any idea how long that will take?

i've found the BAT setting in the transponder setup, and i've switched that on, now how do i get the bouquet to auto channel sort? so that i see the same channel list on my dreambox what others using the broadcasters equipment see?

thank you in advance...
    Even worse you cannot move the radio channels which download together with the tv channels on an Astro search to a radio bouquet as they've been branded as tv channels ...........or is there a way with our current software (image)

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

thank you in advance...
    Humm if you have purchased from our company you would have saved time and money we are also cheaper and dont charge monthly server fee's . We send all our Dreambox pre installed with all satellite , channels , radio and with the CORRECT image that should be used on the DREAMOX that half your problem wrong IMAGE .

Well the best way to sort your Problem is download a software called DREAM EDIT this will allow you to download all Information to your dreambox and arrange the channels and radio how you want it but it will still take you hrs to sort this out ..

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default re

Forget to say that there are so many guys out there who buy these dreambox with dodgy servers and lack of support .We shall help you with your problems FREE of Charge . If you can wait i will save you hrs of work im in the proccess of helping all your poor people who buy these box with no support and warranty and at them moment im trying to put the website together as fast as possible to help you guy's .

If you can WAIT i will if and when i have time this weekend will sit down and install all channels , tps , radio for all asia satellites then youll be able to download from my website and install on your dreambox at a click of a button in less than 1 min . The website is under construction at www.satelliteforum.net but this weekend i will try and get this together for you so you have some REAL support for ASIA .

If there is anything you want added to this website send us a e-mail and we shall adjust the website .The will also be guides FAQ.s and Install Manuals for your dreambox .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by PhuketSatellite View Post
    If you can WAIT i will if and when i have time this weekend will sit down and install all channels , tps , radio for all asia satellites then youll be able to download from my website and install on your dreambox at a click of a button in less than 1 min . The website is under construction at www.satelliteforum.net but this weekend i will try and get this together for you so you have some REAL support for ASIA .
    So had a quick look, all plagiarized so far from other European sites and nothing new about the Dm series of set top boxes at all from you. Stuff we can find on the usual suspects in full detail, not snippets of charts and not good ones at that.

I look forward to seeing the results with baited breath for your original work this weekend. Based on 90% of your input on this subject to date it seems to this reader that it is a case of the blind leading the blind.

But with time you will learn.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kuband View Post
    So had a quick look, all plagiarized so far from other European sites and nothing new about the Dm series of set top boxes at all from you. Stuff we can find on the usual suspects in full detail, not snippets of charts and not good ones at that.

I look forward to seeing the results with baited breath for your original work this weekend. Based on 90% of your input on this subject to date it seems to this reader that it is a case of the blind leading the blind.

But with time you will learn.
    As we said if you can WAIT !

It will the best site around for the DM box we are also going to put FAQs on site and lots of information related to questions that are kept being asked in RDI Forum im sure you will like the result once done

Under Construction

Alexius

well i found a brilliant satellites.xml file to use h**p://jsat.tv/files/index.htm

covers all satellites and TP's you'll see from thailand... and there are some other useful items there...

and i found
    h**p://www.gosatellite.net/images_templ/manuals/fta_receivers/dreambox_dm500_manual.pdf
    which means you have an electronic searchable manual

as for phuketsat, mate can u just be helpful instead of attacking other dealers... my dealer did send it all setup, i just changed it and lost stuff so this is as much my fault...

my dealer even sent it with bouquets already filled, but because i changed things i shouldn't have done, i'm now setting stuff back up nearly from scratch... but thats just me... i'm a computer geek who likes to fiddle and change things... if u don't u never learn...

so unless you can be helpful, just leave it out.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

well i found a brilliant satellites.xml file to use h**p://jsat.tv/files/index.htm

covers all satellites and TP's you'll see from thailand... and there are some other useful items there...

and i found
    h**p://www.gosatellite.net/images_templ/manuals/fta_receivers/dreambox_dm500_manual.pdf
    which means you have an electronic searchable manual

as for phuketsat, mate can u just be helpful instead of attacking other dealers... my dealer did send it all setup, i just changed it and lost stuff so this is as much my fault...

my dealer even sent it with bouquets already filled, but because i changed things i shouldn't have done, i'm now setting stuff back up nearly from scratch... but thats just me... i'm a computer geek who likes to fiddle and change things... if u don't u never learn...

so unless you can be helpful, just leave it out.
    .................................................. ..................................

I think he does try to be helpful but agree with you ...no need to refer to other dealers and that he's better than them but he's a businessman and businessmen will be businessmen . Also he can be very generous and could help you with something your/our dealer cannot provide, Alex....wink wink .....

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

@Alexius

My server was down for 5 days and could not read your posts. Today its working. Unfortunately I lend the box to a friend who has adsl to try it. I will receive it in the evening and will try to find out another way-I think I also had the same problem but sorted out lately.
    Regards
    DM 600+80GB DM 7020+160GB+ LED 55"

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

i push menu, goto setup
    goto service searching

Follow these basic steps;
    1. Menu
    2. Setup
    3. Service Searching
    4. Satellite configuration-see whether the satellite you want is in the list-if not go to new-add-and add the satellite and save
    5. exit
    6. Manual transponder scan
    7. give the specifications-if you are precise there will be two green marks indicating the locking.
    8. now click the green button to scan.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

But if the satellites you want are not in the list you have to
    1. Go to blue panel
    2. 3 Extras
    3. Sat Xml loader
    4. select the region
    5. start
    this will load all the satellites in the region you select.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    .................................................. ..................................

I think he does try to be helpful but agree with you ...no need to refer to other dealers and that he's better than them but he's a businessman and businessmen will be businessmen . Also he can be very generous and could help you with something your/our dealer cannot provide, Alex....wink wink .....
    We dont attack other dealers most of them are our best friends
    But the XML files around are stolen and not complete I SHOULD KNOW i did most of the work for the XML around on the NET - Im in the proccess of re doing the XML correctly and will give FREE to all Asia Dealers '

We are just trying to help you and save Money ?
    We give most stuff FREE yes FREE - If people talk to us nice and become friends we do not charge 100% FREE You could be watching lots more than you already do as cband said wink , wink cos your missing out by wrong information to mislead people and what is posted on forums ..

and to Mr wink , wink check now theres 8 packages online
    MORE TO FOLLOW

Thread Information