Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Better Cables Really Do Work !!

I took everyone's advice on RDI and bought a high quality shielded cable yesterday to connect up the ultra sensitive Dream box to my tv's and also to my switching boxes and to my amazement all the feint criss cross and moving line interference patterns on the screen all disappeared !

A tip ....these cables cost three to ten times the price of normal av cables so use only as video leads splitting the cable into three so you can use with three boxes/connections.
    Also cheaper to buy 'composite video' cables as these are much better value than the high quality German av leads and serve the same purpose .

A big thanks to all those RDI'ers who posted the advice.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks.That's why RDI is on the TOP and thanks to all friends for ur precious contributions here.We all appreciate ur efforts.

Best Wishes.
    Yan Naing.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hopefully MonsterCable won't make a hole in your pocket, lol.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    I took everyone's advice on RDI and bought a high quality shielded cable yesterday to connect up the ultra sensitive Dream box to my tv's and also to my switching boxes and to my amazement all the feint criss cross and moving line interference patterns on the screen all disappeared !

A tip ....these cables cost three to ten times the price of normal av cables so use only as video leads splitting the cable into three so you can use with three boxes/connections.
    Also cheaper to buy 'composite video' cables as these are much better value than the high quality German av leads and serve the same purpose .

There's a sucker born every minute, Do you really want to get into a debate on cables and interconnects. If you think your interconnect is wonderfull, could I suggest you buy a Hi-end power lead. Also suspension towers to stop your cables dragging on the floor, or perhaps an isolation platform, together with a Power supply conditioner, and stableiser. the list goes on and on for the gullable.
    regards from OZ bassett

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Here you go, M8. might as well do the job properly,

http://www.highendpalace.com/HEP%20Cables.htm
    regards from OZ bassett

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    There's a sucker born every minute, Do you really want to get into a debate on cables and interconnects. If you think your interconnect is wonderfull, could I suggest you buy a Hi-end power lead. Also suspension towers to stop your cables dragging on the floor, or perhaps an isolation platform, together with a Power supply conditioner, and stableiser. the list goes on and on for the gullable.
    IT REALLY DID WORK !
    CONNECTION FROM DM BOX TO TV ....WITH ORDINARY CABLE I GOT FEINT CRISS CROSS PATTERNS AND MOVING LINES ON THE SCREEN.
    REPLACED WITH SHIELDED CABLE ...ALL LINES / INTERFERENCE GONE !
    VOILA

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

IT REALLY DID WORK !
    CONNECTION FROM DM BOX TO TV ....WITH ORDINARY CABLE I GOT FEINT CRISS CROSS PATTERNS AND MOVING LINES ON THE SCREEN.
    REPLACED WITH SHIELDED CABLE ...ALL LINES / INTERFERENCE GONE !
    VOILA
    Now make up a lead with a length of el-cheapo coax, and be amased with the differance.
    So after all the who-har, what was the make of your wonder cable.

And there really is no need to shout, My large sensitive ears, are still flapping from the last onslaught.

And for the record genuine Dreambox Tuners are not that sensitive. But unlike the clones of the same name, the latest dreams come with plug and play tuners, satellite, cable or terrestial.

to connect up the ultra sensitive Dream box
    But to get back to the "nuts and bolts'' of your proclamation, with regard to the connections your NOW using.. Are you saying that now your using a 'composite' connection and before you where using a 'componant' or RCA or even just an RF connection. In which case, of course the picture quality will be improved.
    This is a commen ploy, that people like "monster'' cables have used for years, They hook up a TV with there over priced flash cable, [and just a small point, in the Hi-end world, monster would not make entry level] to a composite connection, and the old $2 special el-cheapo cable to the componant or RCS connection, and proclaim how wonderfull
    there super cable is, compaired with the $2 junk. But just ask them to reverse the cables and watch them back-off.

Of cause the real test is a double blind test. but they won't be in that.
    regards from OZ bassett

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

even if it's cheap as long as the quality is dependable, i think that would be ok. but sometimes, buying these chinese made cables is a big risk to consider. true, cables may not be all that big a factor, but the guarantee that everything is well inside comes a lot. in my case, i burnt my active JBL sub by using a cheapo sub cable, turns out there were some bits/wires that were shorting from within the cable itself. talk about quality control! i changed it with monster and has no problems with it since. most of my cables are chinese made, even the optical i use is chinese made.

so if you want to take the risk, go with the cheapo brands. but if you want to be on the safe side (after buying all those expensive equipments, you will scrimp on the cables?) go with known brands.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

and yes, at least two items from MC are listed on that page you posted.
    CCcam 2.1.4

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    and yes, at least two items from MC are listed on that page you posted.
    Fair go M8, two listing of used 2nd hand cables is hardly a feature page.

1m Monster Cable Sigma XLR Interconnects .................................................. .................... $500.00

8 feet set of Monster Cable Sigma Speaker Cables .................................................. .......... SOLD!

But why haven't we had a reply from our good mate Mr C-band.
    regards from OZ bassett

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Only loose connections or exteremly poor quality cables might be the reason for those 'criss cross'. I don't know whether we have to hurt our pocket that much for a cable. Medium quality is enough I think.

Thread Information