Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Receiver A/V problem

A simple question but found no satisfactory answer yet...can anyone suggest a solution as the answer seems to be seen in every tv store where the same tv channel appears on multiple display tv's.
    Question
    How do I run 4 tvs from the 2 outlets...one scart one 3 rca on the Dreambox ?
    Yes easy to buy several rca 'one to two' leads and same with scart adapter but the problem is severe interference from other channels or other leads .

This comes in the form of criss cross lines, a moving bar going across the screen or even a ghost image from an adjoining channel.

Is there a box available where one pure out signal can go; and from that box send the signal to the other tvs.
    Any suggestions please ....as the tv stores seem to send a channel out to multiple display tv's without interference ?
    NB The problem seems worse on the D/B than other receivers probably as the box is so small and therefore the out sockets /electronics so close together ......correct ?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You would need a channel modulator. Heres a cheap 4 channel

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Quad-Video-RF...QQcmdZViewItem

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    A simple question but found no satisfactory answer yet...can anyone suggest a solution as the answer seems to be seen in every tv store where the same tv channel appears on multiple display tv's.
    Question
    How do I run 4 tvs from the 2 outlets...one scart one 3 rca on the Dreambox ?
    Yes easy to buy several rca 'one to two' leads and same with scart adapter but the problem is severe interference from other channels or other leads .

This comes in the form of criss cross lines, a moving bar going across the screen or even a ghost image from an adjoining channel.

Is there a box available where one pure out signal can go; and from that box send the signal to the other tvs.
    Any suggestions please ....as the tv stores seem to send a channel out to multiple display tv's without interference ?
    NB The problem seems worse on the D/B than other receivers probably as the box is so small and therefore the out sockets /electronics so close together ......correct ?
    Yes Cband I have a whole bunch of satellite systems feeding over 100 TV's in one customers place in Taipei. You can run the AV out into a powered AV sender which can accomodate the number of feeds you want to stream.

It also helps if just streaming to use RG58 AV Coax.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Alexius

i think tv stores use the video out and string them together... cause often i have turned off a string of tv's by turning one off...

you could try using rca splitter type things, but i don't think A/V is good at going long distance... when i did a long distance lead (2 meters) there was tones of noise... i think the key is good cables with good sheilding.. but i don't know mate...

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    i think tv stores use the video out and string them together... cause often i have turned off a string of tv's by turning one off...

you could try using rca splitter type things, but i don't think A/V is good at going long distance... when i did a long distance lead (2 meters) there was tones of noise... i think the key is good cables with good sheilding.. but i don't know mate...

DO you think I have 100 TV's 2m away from the receivers? 2m is not long distance.....lol

You can use RG58 and I have done runs of 60m from receivers to Projectors or TV's with no problems at all. It's just a question of buying quality equipment.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ******2engineer View Post
    DO you think I have 100 TV's 2m away from the receivers? 2m is not long distance.....lol

You can use RG58 and I have done runs of 60m from receivers to Projectors or TV's with no problems at all. It's just a question of buying quality equipment.
    .................................................. ....................
    Many thanks for that but it seems the video out function of the tiny D/B 500S is more susceptible to interference than the larger boxes.

Even using the scart to output to one tv and the rca's to output to another TV causes visual interference on the tv screens !

Could this be a bigger problem than with other larger size boxes ?

Could it be that this particular box is unshielded and only made for one single
    output ?

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Many thanks for that but it seems the video out function of the tiny D/B 500S is more susceptible to interference than the larger boxes.

Even using the scart to output to one tv and the rca's to output to another TV causes visual interference on the tv screens !

output ?

Just use one output because if you use the scart and RCA outputs the receiver does not have enough power to send the AV to the TV's

Alexius

hmm i need, when i get one, to hook a modulator to get rf for my upstairs tv on a remote link, and one to go into the av in of my tv downstairs... or will this just cause bad bad picture quality? whats the way round it?

thanks...

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

output ?
    my rca's r 2 my tv about 2meters away.
    My scart is 2 my pc usb tv box about 6 meters away.
    I have excellent quality on both.
    make sure u use quality cables and not the cheap ones.

even when using the scart to a connector with both rca and scart output the quality is excellent.
    mybe u need 2 worry about ur box.

2 alexius

i've used a old vcr with Av in connection (scart or rca) for this job,
    and then put the av link in the loop.
    search 4 the vcr on your tv, and then put it on the av ur box is connected 2. et voila we have a picture.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    my rca's r 2 my tv about 2meters away.
    My scart is 2 my pc usb tv box about 6 meters away.
    I have excellent quality on both.
    make sure u use quality cables and not the cheap ones.

even when using the scart to a connector with both rca and scart output the quality is excellent.
    mybe u need 2 worry about ur box.

2 alexius

i've used a old vcr with Av in connection (scart or rca) for this job,
    and then put the av link in the loop.
    search 4 the vcr on your tv, and then put it on the av ur box is connected 2. et voila we have a picture.
    We have found with clone box - If its preloaded with the standered image flash the pic quality is bad . Many customers have reported to us that when they flash there box with example MaxVar 350 image the pic quality is exellent try that ?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes indeed...been using the standard cheap 80 baht AV rca cables .
    Is it really worth paying around 500 baht for a av cable to connect a receiver to a tv just two/ three meters away ?
    Will it really cut off the interference ? Are these expensive ,usually imported, av cables shielded ?
    If your replies are positive I'll buy one and test with a tv which has the criss cross interference pattern on the screen and see if it works .
    As I need a dozen of these dont want to buy and replace all my cables until it's certain they will stop the interference patterns on the tv screen.
    Who knows....the fault could be the unshielded miniscule clone dreambox ?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

first of all my appologies for the multiple replies. i dont know what happened there.
    maybe 1 of the moderators can take them out.

@ c band, just make sure to try a cable were the vdo lead is at least twice as thick than the audio cables, that should do it.

if not try what phuket sattelite says and flash it with another image

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    first of all my appologies for the multiple replies. i dont know what happened there.
    maybe 1 of the moderators can take them out.

@ c band, just make sure to try a cable were the vdo lead is at least twice as thick than the audio cables, that should do it.

if not try what phuket sattelite says and flash it with another image
    .................................................. ..........................
    Great idea, Wombat .....only have to replace the video and not the audio cables with the expensive thick cable .....so that will cut the cost of replacing cables down to one third !
    Dont think the problem is the image, as you mentioned several friends who have the same image in their identical dm-boxes and there has been no complaints from them of a feint criss cross pattern on the TV screen behind the picture.
    Correct ?
    PS SEE MY NEW TOPIC ON HD TV ....

Thread Information