Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default DISHTV Kaon Receiver - Active Channels

Hello,

How can I view the ACTIVE channels (like sports, news, movie) on my KAON receiver, I have already subscribed the Maxi Package, but not sure which are the key combination from the remote to get the active contents...

Please help.......

MJ786 - please help

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Shakin View Post
    Hello,

How can I view the ACTIVE channels (like sports, news, movie) on my KAON receiver, I have already subscribed the Maxi Package, but not sure which are the key combination from the remote to get the active contents...

Please help.......

MJ786 - please help
    Dear friend, u have already subscribed the package as u said , if so insert the card to ur receiver's CAM.Then u can watch the channels from dish tv if ur dish has been pointed well on NSS 6 satellite.
    May be my reply will wrong with ur question bcoz. I can't understand well ur question.Sorry.

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi,

No I said the remote has some button to get some actions, which DISHTV shows an example of a different receiver but not the same receiver/remote which I have....

I need a reply from MJ786? I think he has a better knowledge of DISHTV Kaon Receiver

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello,

Please help.......

MJ786 - please help

Dear Friend, first let us know what is ur STB model number . Is it updated with new software which dishtv had loaded during last 6 to 8 months.

You can only watch the Active Channels if your STB software is upgraded.

If your STB is upgraded with new software then just let me know here.
    You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

MJ,
    Yes it is already updated (infact it was updating recently, it took a lot of time from them) - My receiver is KAON KCI260-MCO

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear, if your STB is updated with new software then just try this and let me know again.... Press Menu > then select Active Services> and then select News, sports, movies etc whatever u want..
    do u have the STB provided by Dishtv and also the remote is the same which u got with dishtv and Koan STB.
    If u still have problems then visit their website www.dishtvindia.in or else see this animation http://www.dishtvindia.in/static/newsactive.asp

Wink Dish TV

Dear thanks for reply
    But i am in madinah saudi arabia i think the money which i spend for dish tv receiver that is waste
    i fixed 2.40 meter dish to nss-6 satellite and find signal b
    but when i attaced dish tv receiver there is message

"PLS CHECK YOUR SET TOP BOX IS CONNECT PROPERLY TO DISH ANTTENA"

Kindly give me way to use this receiver...

i am shoure u peapole will give me possitive awnser
    thanks onece again

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear MJ,

Please note, I have KAON receiver and the remote is the original remote from DISHTV, the link you provided is for ZENEGA receiver not for KAON, when I press the menu on my remote - there is nothing called active services - my question is that - active service available on KAON receiver? If yes then why there is no service called "active services"- I am sure that my receiver got fully updated.
    When I press menu - I have the following only:

Installation
    Channel List
    Edit Channel List
    Program Guide
    System Settings
    CA System
    Utility

please help

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear MJ,

Please note, I have KAON receiver and the remote is the original remote from DISHTV, the link you provided is for ZENEGA receiver not for KAON, when I press the menu on my remote - there is nothing called active services - my question is that - active service available on KAON receiver? If yes then why there is no service called "active services"- I am sure that my receiver got fully updated.
    When I press menu - I have the following only:

Installation
    Channel List
    Edit Channel List
    Program Guide
    System Settings
    CA System
    Utility

please help

i think ur STB is not updated as your Menu shows old options of koan stb.

anyhow just check the system settings and factory reset etc.. and also there you will get the software version..

or else go to factory reset and press OK button 2 times .. your box will switchoff and then ON with new software loading . while loading the software in stb dont switchoff the box or do anything. .just let it upload the new software completely and reply me again.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear MJ,

I made that, before that, it was hanging on almost all the channels - it said "New Channel Update - Please wait" and today automatically all the channels went off, I tune the STB again - but still no Active Services.
    Are you using the KAON receiver - can you please tell me the boot version of your STB? mine showing september 30 2005.

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear MJ,

I made that, before that, it was hanging on almost all the channels - it said "New Channel Update - Please wait" and today automatically all the channels went off, I tune the STB again - but still no Active Services.
    Are you using the KAON receiver - can you please tell me the boot version of your STB? mine showing september 30 2005.

September 2005 means your STB is still not updated with new software so you cant watch the new Active services .

but i heard that all the STB of Kaon are upgraded with new software so you try to retune your STB again and hope it loads completely this time. ok waiting for ur reply

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear MJ,

Are you using KAON receiver- are you able to get the ACTIVE channels on KAON receiver? - what is your boot version ?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear MJ,

Are you using KAON receiver- are you able to get the ACTIVE channels on KAON receiver? - what is your boot version ?
    Dear MJ,

Kindly reply on the above quoted words

Regards

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear MJ,

I think you are not so quiet sure about "DISHTV Kaon Receiver" - that is why you are not responding...

Cmon MJ786 if you know or dont know atleast respond to this thread, then I can close my issue.

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear MJ,

I think you are not so quiet sure about "DISHTV Kaon Receiver" - that is why you are not responding...

Cmon MJ786 if you know or dont know atleast respond to this thread, then I can close my issue.
    Dear.. did u try to retune ur STB again or not..

and did that software upgraded properly this time atleast or not..

I am quite sure that ur STB is still not updated with new software so you cant watch the active channels even though u have Maxi package..

I think i asked u to post the pictures of the picture color you are able to view in the STB menu etc.. but still u did not do anything like that..

I am using Zenega STB and also Koan STB.. so no problem for me with those details.. as soon as you gave me that STB details i said that ur STB is not updated with new software..

ok just follow the procedure i had mentioned few days ago in my previous posts.. and try to update ur STB and then reply by tomorrow.. ok hope this time it solves ur problem..

In my Zenega STB i cant watch Active services as it is not updated with New software..

Koan is new box with model number 1004i so it is have new software and can watch active channels..

Thread Information