Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default Thailand Sat & Dreambox Question


    hello friends,

    let me introdiuce myself. i'm from switzerland. in switzerland i watch paytv over cable with a dreambox 500c and necessary k*** which are widly available for free and work like magic.

    for my second home in phuket i'm looking for a good solution to watch paytv. i do have a dstv sat dish in phuket but can receive only the free channels. i aslo have adsl there.

    the official true vision tv (ubc) is very expensive and the recently introdced cable tv service is expensive too.

    what options do i have and what do i need for this?

    thanks for you help

  2. #2
    Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    THAILAND
    Posts
    1,437
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Hi Wild Orchid,
    Thanks for your very interesting post.
    Please excuse me for asking, but in a very rich ,strict and well regulated society like Switzerland, is using a Dream box to watch free pay tv legal ?

    I only ask as we get very few people from your country on this forum and it would be most interesting to know the answer. I know your country is outside the European Union and the uniform laws that apply there , so you must have your own rules and regulations regarding satellite viewing.
    Please do not take this as a criticism...just a quest for information.
    Merci, Gruessli, Grazie and Thank You

  3. #3
    SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts
    2,521
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Hi Wild Orchid,
    Thanks for your very interesting post.
    Please excuse me for asking, but in a very rich ,strict and well regulated society like Switzerland, is using a Dream box to watch free pay tv legal ?

    I only ask as we get very few people from your country on this forum and it would be most interesting to know the answer. I know your country is outside the European Union and the uniform laws that apply there , so you must have your own rules and regulations regarding satellite viewing.
    Please do not take this as a criticism...just a quest for information.
    Merci, Gruessli, Grazie and Thank You
    He wants cheapo.

    I watch TV ZAttoo over here in Taiwan for my euro content lol. But you'd have to pay for that. He wants everything for free. And lets face it UBC is not expensive.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?


  4. #4
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    hi guys and girls,

    of course it's not leagal but not everybody in europe is rich (also not in switzerland) and some just don't want to support the global entertainment and telco companies.

    the reason why you don't see many of us in this forum is because there is a well organized german speaking scene with lots of forums. nobody in those forums asks for money, everybody seems to be happy to help out others.

    Quote Originally Posted by ******2engineer View Post
    He wants cheapo.

    And lets face it UBC is not expensive.
    the average thai worker earns 100 baht per day. ubc cost 2000 baht per months plus the equipment. an adsl line cost another 800 baht. so this ends up with a full manthly salery of an avarage thai worker. in my personal oppinion this expensive.

    personally i also find adsl in thailand expensive. this is the one thing which is really much cheaper in switzerland and ten times as fast as in thailand.

    correct, i want cheapo and why not? else i wouldn't come here would i

    hope above satisfies your questions about me

    hope to hear some more of you now.

    thanks guys and girls

  5. #5
    Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    THAILAND
    Posts
    1,437
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildorchid View Post
    hi guys and girls,

    of course it's not leagal but not everybody in europe is rich (also not in switzerland) and some just don't want to support the global entertainment and telco companies.

    the reason why you don't see many of us in this forum is because there is a well organized german speaking scene with lots of forums. nobody in those forums asks for money, everybody seems to be happy to help out others.



    the average thai worker earns 100 baht per day. ubc cost 2000 baht per months plus the equipment. an adsl line cost another 800 baht. so this ends up with a full manthly salery of an avarage thai worker. in my personal oppinion this expensive.

    personally i also find adsl in thailand expensive. this is the one thing which is really much cheaper in switzerland and ten times as fast as in thailand.

    correct, i want cheapo and why not? else i wouldn't come here would i

    hope above satisfies your questions about me

    hope to hear some more of you now.

    thanks guys and girls
    Well Wild Orchid, I've read that your country has the highest wages in the world with even a junior secretary earning seventy or eighty thousand dollars a year and your country has the lowest taxation in Western Europe.
    You write card sharing is illegal in your country. That surprises me as it is not illegal in the EU if for private home use AND a legal subscription is not available . Is that not the same in Switzerland ?
    Also I have heard that all the Swiss national satellite channels ie SRG are available FTA through a viewing card available to every Swiss citizen on proof of nationality. Is that true ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    THAILAND
    Posts
    1,437
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ******2engineer View Post
    He wants cheapo.

    I watch TV ZAttoo over here in Taiwan for my euro content lol. But you'd have to pay for that. He wants everything for free. And lets face it UBC is not expensive.
    "Sorry, there are not any channels currently available in your area. You can join the waitlist to be notified when Zattoo becomes available in your area."

    How comes you receive it in Taiwan ? Thanks

  7. #7
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sa bubong
    Posts
    135
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Maybe Slingbox?

  8. #8
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Well Wild Orchid, I've read that your country has the highest wages in the world with even a junior secretary earning seventy or eighty thousand dollars a year and your country has the lowest taxation in Western Europe.
    You write card sharing is illegal in your country. That surprises me as it is not illegal in the EU if for private home use AND a legal subscription is not available . Is that not the same in Switzerland ?
    Also I have heard that all the Swiss national satellite channels ie SRG are available FTA through a viewing card available to every Swiss citizen on proof of nationality. Is that true ?
    i think card sharing is illegal in switzerland. anyway 90% of swiss watch cable tv and not sat. most people rent an appartment and the owners would not allow you to put a sat dish on the balcony. swiss cable tv (cablecom) has introduced digital tv about 2 years ago and more and more free channels over analog cable are disappearing and digital tv is not free over here. it works like ubc in thailand you need to rent their setop box and buy one of their packages.

    as far as my limited technically understanding for these things is, we do not share cards overhere but simple add the relevant keys to dreambox to discramble the signal. the keys are widly available for free download of over the net including on this website.

    i thought it works similar in thailand but this may be different.

    c-band: seems i offended you but not sure why? you dislike me because i'm swiss, hard to believe? khun mai rujak phom projanan mai na pood baebnee.

    don't know if you are thai or farang but if you have ever travelled to europe you know very well that it is totally irrelevant how much a secretary earns if you are not comparing the amount to the cost of living in that country.

    i have travelled a little bit in my life and what i found in every country i visted is that no matter how high the saleries were at the end of the month nothing is left for the average worker and this applies to bangkok or zurich or london or new york or rio. what helps to earn 80,000 baht a month if a normal appartment cost over 60,000 baht monthly rent and a bowl of thai noodle soup at the little thai restaurant around the coner cost 600 baht.

    no offense but your former prime minister is just now buying a football club in england worth hundreds of billions of baht and he got all this money from thai people spending all their fortune on mobile phones and watching paytv. congratulations you know own manachester city football club!

    anyhow i thought i'd be welcome in this forum but obviously not. i won't go on with this discussion as it doesn't seem to be the right place.

    okay so it's card sharing in thailand and it's not free. how much does it cost and can i use this with my little dstv dish or do i need to get soemthing else?

    thanks for serious reply.

  9. #9
    Alexius
    Guest
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Default

    u can do it with ur little dstv dish u can get pirate ubc... and ubc is expensive for what it is...
    first you pay 10000 baht to install and deposit of equipment
    then we are paying 2500 baht for platinum package of maybe 60 or so channels maybe 20 of which i actually watch...

    now compare that to sky digital out of UK...You can get free standard installation and a free Sky box. Plus a 10 credit when you join online.
    15 = 2 Mixes
    18 = 4 Mixes
    21 = 6 Mixes (Entertainment Pack)

    so even the 6 mix entertainment package the uk offering is actually cheaper than the thai offering

    i think you are welcome here.. just misreading people...

    u can get a dreambox there is a phuket shop that has been advertising like mad here and is a sponsor of the board...surprised he hasn't posted already actually...

    and then when u compare purchasing power, UBC is phenomenally overpriced for its offerings... perhaps it needs to be allowed to show adverts and sell advertising space to decrease its monthly costs or at least the overheads...

  10. #10
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    THAILAND
    Posts
    295
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildorchid View Post
    i think card sharing is illegal in switzerland. anyway 90% of swiss watch cable tv and not sat. most people rent an appartment and the owners would not allow you to put a sat dish on the balcony. swiss cable tv (cablecom) has introduced digital tv about 2 years ago and more and more free channels over analog cable are disappearing and digital tv is not free over here. it works like ubc in thailand you need to rent their setop box and buy one of their packages.

    as far as my limited technically understanding for these things is, we do not share cards overhere but simple add the relevant keys to dreambox to discramble the signal. the keys are widly available for free download of over the net including on this website.

    i thought it works similar in thailand but this may be different.

    c-band: seems i offended you but not sure why? you dislike me because i'm swiss, hard to believe? khun mai rujak phom projanan mai na pood baebnee.

    don't know if you are thai or farang but if you have ever travelled to europe you know very well that it is totally irrelevant how much a secretary earns if you are not comparing the amount to the cost of living in that country.

    i have travelled a little bit in my life and what i found in every country i visted is that no matter how high the saleries were at the end of the month nothing is left for the average worker and this applies to bangkok or zurich or london or new york or rio. what helps to earn 80,000 baht a month if a normal appartment cost over 60,000 baht monthly rent and a bowl of thai noodle soup at the little thai restaurant around the coner cost 600 baht.

    no offense but your former prime minister is just now buying a football club in england worth hundreds of billions of baht and he got all this money from thai people spending all their fortune on mobile phones and watching paytv. congratulations you know own manachester city football club!

    anyhow i thought i'd be welcome in this forum but obviously not. i won't go on with this discussion as it doesn't seem to be the right place.

    okay so it's card sharing in thailand and it's not free. how much does it cost and can i use this with my little dstv dish or do i need to get soemthing else?

    thanks for serious reply.

    well said wild orchid
    i read your first post and came to the conclusion all you wanted was info on what you can get or cant get in your second home in phuket.
    right away the nosy parkers for some unknown reason wanted to put you under the 3rd degree.
    i did want to reply earlier and give you the obvious answer that alexius has posted ie there is a company/website in phuket that im sure can/will answer all your questions because if you look back on the last 6 weeks posts you will find that there is a difference of opinion if this company is a reputable company and if the present owner is the previous owner and visa versa.but im sure that after reading your post you are quite capable of making your own mind up.
    so please stick with rdi because there are some very nice,helpful people on board who im sure would welcome your input on the forum
    JOE SOAP

  11. #11
    SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts
    2,521
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    "Sorry, there are not any channels currently available in your area. You can join the waitlist to be notified when Zattoo becomes available in your area."

    How comes you receive it in Taiwan ? Thanks
    Perhaps I have residency in Switzerland, and it is paid thru my local swiss accounts to my local swiss address...?

    Or perhaps I have multiple nationalities and multiple names?

    Or perhaps it's just because I can?



    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?


  12. #12
    SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts
    2,521
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Picture quality on a TV screen is also excellent, as is on a laptop. You can show small screen on laptop and hookup full screen resolution on TV.

    Pretty good for IPTV.

    By the way Truevisions IPTV is being viewed here in Taiwan as well.

    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?


  13. #13
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    [quote=Alexius;331208]

    u can get a dreambox there is a phuket shop that has been advertising like mad here and is a sponsor of the board...surprised he hasn't posted already actually...[quote]

    thanks alexius and thanks joe soap,

    i was just about to leave this forum for good.

    i found the postings from the phuket sat shop already yesterday, visited their online shop and sent a contact form but they did not reply. anyhow i find 20,000 baht for their package overpriced.

    i'm sure there are others in bangkok offering similar services.

    what about the chinese fellow advertising here, would that work with ub* and dstv?

    by the way how do i add my avatar to this forum?

    thanks

  14. #14
    SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts
    2,521
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildorchid View Post

    thanks alexius and thanks joe soap,

    i was just about to leave this forum for good.

    thanks
    Leave? You can't do that so easily. You are too sensitive mate. You should stay and you will see a lot of useful links will come your way.

    We will PM you those free CS servers to have fun with.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?


  15. #15
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    21.95 N 97.06 E
    Posts
    6,263
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by wildorchid View Post
    hi guys and girls,

    the reason why you don't see many of us in this forum is because there is a well organized german speaking scene with lots of forums. nobody in those forums asks for money, everybody seems to be happy to help out others.

    May be the problem of the Language while these people do not visit here I think.This RDI Forum stands very best than any other English Forums.
    Plz. stay here for sometime then u will see how active and helpful friends r in here, don't miss it. ( only suggestion )


    Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

    DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .



 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top