Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default 2 Satellites, 2 lnbs on 1 dish - 62E & 64E ??

Have an experiment on an 8ft solid dish prime focus.
    Trying to put at one point and receive Intelsat 902 and 906, 62E and 64E.
    without using motor.
    But with 2 lnbs, diseqc,
    The difference is only 2 degrees, but the lnb alignment is hell.
    I can get two sats easily when difference is four degrees or above four degrees.
    Like can get any of the two sats above with insat7,10 easily, but not the two together.
    Anybody with that expertise please give me ideas.
    Had it ok mathematically but now doesn't work physically
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

cogil

when the difrent is 2 degres betwen the 2 try to tune the dish to recive them both, that mean the u play with the dish a bit to the 62e and a bit to the 64e, by the way what u use for the dish tuning?

i instal a 1.20m offset dish with 7 lnbs on it

the main in hotbird 13e and26e&16e singel lnb 10e, 7e&5e on a singel lnb 4w&7w singel lnb 8w ,15w.

all work perfect even in a very rainy day

instellition like that recuire a lot of paisont

regard

aikki

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks aikki,
    that gives me some confidence to soldier on.
    I use satlook satmeter, have even gone to tune up with receiver and tv next.
    whenever i get the two on single lnb, the signal levels go so low, that most of the channels are below watching levels.
    what frequencies are you tunning on, cband or ku, and i think possibility is you are on the offset dish, while am on the prime focus.
    though you can imagine its 2.4meters, thats twice your dish size
    will have lots of patience this weekend and see all possibilities.
    anymore ideas will still help.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

@Cogil

Are the two satellites have powerful signal in your area? It is possible to get both of them if atleast one is powerful. I am also having 2.4 meter dish and I was able catch one at 78.5 and the other at 76.5 with the same lnb without moving the dish. I tried only C band and not Ku band.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Really, the easest way to set up a multi-LNB system, is to have a screen at the dish with the signal strength meter viewable, as you hold the LNB for the service you want, then when the signal comes into view, it's simply a matter of making a bracket to suit the position of the LNB.
    Remembering of cause to place the LNB on the opposite side, if useing an off-set dish.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

dear cogil

it will be harder to focus two satellites in a big dish 2.4 the smeller the dish get then it will be easy to tune one dish on two satellite

can u try to tune it on a 1.8 m dish?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Cogil,

Your posting unclear whether it was the two named sats you were interested in OR the idea of multiple c-band lnb's on one dish !

If the former we in SE Asia cannot help, as no channels available here on 64 East and as you know 62 east needs large dish.

If the latter can help as have an 8' dish with FOUR c-band lnb's side by side .
    88-100-105-108 Degees East namely STI-ASIASAT 2--ASIASAT 3-TELKOM.

These are switched by diseqc . As for more sats we are awaiting Ko Yan's test as to whether a 22Khz switch can be used...it cannot on my set-up.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    @Cogil

Are the two satellites have powerful signal in your area? It is possible to get both of them if atleast one is powerful. I am also having 2.4 meter dish and I was able catch one at 78.5 and the other at 76.5 with the same lnb without moving the dish. I tried only C band and not Ku band.
    thanks for reply,
    but the two sats are not very high on signal levels on some freqs. like sky news and abc news show @53 quality on the 2.4 dish, single sat check, and on the other nation and citizen are max. quality of 58 evenings and day time 40.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Really, the easest way to set up a multi-LNB system, is to have a screen at the dish with the signal strength meter viewable, as you hold the LNB for the service you want, then when the signal comes into view, it's simply a matter of making a bracket to suit the position of the LNB.
    Remembering of cause to place the LNB on the opposite side, if useing an off-set dish.
    Hi Bassett,
    have even changed from 14" screen to 20" under the dish , here is a case where the sats are so close, but the levels are low to combine them on one c band lnb,
    trying out two lnbs you get the drift apart is high on dish position, that you cant get signals from both at a shared center.
    By the way the dish is prime focus 8ft metal, (not off set.)
    Dstv HD PVR

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    thanks for reply,
    but the two sats are not very high on signal levels on some freqs. like sky news and abc news show @53 quality on the 2.4 dish, single sat check, and on the other nation and citizen are max. quality of 58 evenings and day time 40.
    Then it is hard. But don't loose hope. First try getting both satellite's strongest tps and then later you can fine tune them. If both satellite's signal are of the same strength then your dish would end up looking in between them. I think you would have also adjusted the elevation finer to get both the satellites. In my case the signal strength I got from them were between 50-98%. If I try to get both of them they went to 30-70% Fine skew also helps.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by aikki View Post
    dear cogil

it will be harder to focus two satellites in a big dish 2.4 the smeller the dish get then it will be easy to tune one dish on two satellite

can u try to tune it on a 1.8 m dish?
    Hi aikki,
    will even try this option later and see the difference, because had tried before on a 6ft and i think it was possible to get them together on one lnb. so i thought the bigger the dish the easier the combination, but just the quality is higher on each, but togetherness is nil
    Dstv HD PVR

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Hi Cogil,

Your posting unclear whether it was the two named sats you were interested in OR the idea of multiple c-band lnb's on one dish !

If the former we in SE Asia cannot help, as no channels available here on 64 East and as you know 62 east needs large dish.

If the latter can help as have an 8' dish with FOUR c-band lnb's side by side .
    88-100-105-108 Degees East namely STI-ASIASAT 2--ASIASAT 3-TELKOM.

These are switched by diseqc . As for more sats we are awaiting Ko Yan's test as to whether a 22Khz switch can be used...it cannot on my set-up.
    The idea is the two sats on one dish, one or two lnbs c band, just for the two sats.
    may be try the same on any sats you can get with one c.band or 2 c.band lnbs, with a difference of 2 deg orbit position.

am ot the opinion that it would work on an offset dish with two lnbs very well, for that will be my second try, but only if this fails, because offset dishes are quite expensive here.
    Try getting them on one lnb or two lnbs, dish 8ft prime focus
    Dstv HD PVR

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    Then it is hard. But don't loose hope. First try getting both satellite's strongest tps and then later you can fine tune them. If both satellite's signal are of the same strength then your dish would end up looking in between them. I think you would have also adjusted the elevation finer to get both the satellites. In my case the signal strength I got from them were between 50-98%. If I try to get both of them they went to 30-70% Fine skew also helps.
    Thanks lnb,
    just to know is your dish mesh or metal, plus prime focus or offset if metal.
    wont give up but will have answers for anybody who will want to try the same thing in the future, the more trouble you get the more it sticks in memory
    I am giving it this weekend hopefully for success.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes,you can get Turksat 1C 42E + Intelsat902 62E by a dish & 2LNB :
    see this pics!

Turksat 1c 42E in center

Intelsat902 62E in center:

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks sotvan, for leading by example,
    are the two dishes prime focus? and are the lnbs c,band or ku?
    The only difference is this sats are orbit 20 degrees apart,
    while my problem is a simple orbit 2 degrees apart on 62E and 64E,
    anyway am getting more ideas, and it helps make a stronger lead to carry on with the experiment and produce results
    Dstv HD PVR

Thread Information