Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default 0/22Khz switches .can you help ?

As my 0/12volt switching is defective I went out today and bought two different 0/22Khz switches for my Kaon.

I have two 4 port disecq switches and want to be able to watch all 8 sats.

The first model is a heavy fat one made by PSI. This clicks constantly and will not even allow the four 0Khz ports to function.

The other is a China made switch sold locally. It is small thin and does not click. This one shows all 4 ports on 0Khz but nothing on 22Khz even though I set up 22Khz in the menue for 4 sats. Is it possible these switches dont work in combination with disecq switching ? What else could be wrong...all sats are C band ? All switches are attached close by the receiver ( and not the dish)
    Thanks.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear sir C-Band , r u sure that the configuration of ur LNB setting is 0=off and 22khz=on.

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Dear sir C-Band , r u sure that the configuration of ur LNB setting is 0=off and 22khz=on.

Thanks.
    Yes on one of the 4 port diseqc switches all are set to 0 volt
    and on the other all ports are set to 22Khz
    Will try out the switch on another receiver today in case receiver switching faulty.
    Is it possible the switch has to be near the dishes and not right next to the receiver as I now have it ?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Yes on one of the 4 port diseqc switches all are set to 0 volt
    and on the other all ports are set to 22Khz
    Will try out the switch on another receiver today in case receiver switching faulty.
    Is it possible the switch has to be near the dishes and not right next to the receiver as I now have it ?
    Tested on another box. The switches work properly when connected directly to the dishes .
    Will now test if they work when connected with a disecq 4 port switch as it could be that the 22Khz signal interferes with the disecq signals !

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Good Luck brother and I'll test in my home tomorrow and tell u the result that 22KHz can stand with two DiseqCs.

Regards.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Good Luck brother and I'll test in my home tomorrow and tell u the result that 22KHz can stand with two DiseqCs.

Regards.
    I LOOK FORWARD TO THE RESULT OF YOUR TEST !

AT THE MOMENT I AM HAVING TO USE A MANUAL A/B PUSH BUTTON SWITCH
    TO CHANGE BETWEEN THE TWO FOUR PORT DISECQ SWITCHES .

[ I COULD PROBABLY GET MY RECEIVER'S FAULTY 12V SWITCHING REPAIRED BUT COULD BE WITHOUT THE RECEIVER FOR A WEEK WHILE THEY ARE REPAIRING THE 12V SIGNAL SWITCH WHICH APPEARS TO BE BURNED OUT AND NOT SENDING OUT THE 12 VOLTS FROM THE SAT INPUT WHEN IT SHOULD! ]

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Regards.
    Hi Yan....hoping you can test the set up a 22Khz from the receiver
    In the meanwhile I found the following on a forum in the US.
    Tell us your views . Quite amazing end solution . Will that work ? Thanks......................

Here's the DESIRED situation: Pansat 2500A receiver, with eight dish inputs to be switched. Four are fed into one four-port DiSEqC switch. The other four are fed into another four-port DiSEqC switch Both DiSEqC's are being fed to a 22 kHz tone switch which is in turn connected to the Pansat.

Now if I bypass the tone switch and connect either DiSEqC switch directly to the receiver, it works perfectly. And if I use the tone switch (which has two inputs labeled "ON LNB-A" and "OFF LNB-B"), the DiSEqC connected to the "OFF LNB-B" side works perfectly. However, the DiSEqC connected to the ON LNB-A apparently can't be switched - in other words, when the 22 kHz signal is on, the ONLY signal I can receive is the one that is connected to DiSEqC port 1.

The weird part is that each of the switches appears to be working fine in isolation - both DiSEqC switches work fine if they are the only switch connected to the Pansat, and the 22 kHz tone switch does switch between the inputs. But it's as if when the 22 kHz tone is on, it somehow inhibits the DiSEqC switch from receiving its signals. I've tried swapping the DiSEqC's and it doesn't matter, whichever one is connected to the "OFF LNB-B" side works fine and whichever one is connected to the "ON LNB-A" can only be switched to DiSEqC #1.

So I am wondering what the heck i've got here and if I was sold the wrong item for my application, or if the switch itself is defective. If anyone here could enlighten me, I would much appreciate it. If it is the wrong item, I'd very much appreciate the brand and model number of a 22 kHz tone switch that WILL work between the receiver and the DiSEqC's, and still allow both DiSEqC's to be switched. Thanks for any enlightenment you can share.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

anik10-06-2005, 08:18 PM
    Addendum: I also found that the tone switch seems to work find if placed between the DiSEQc and the LNB. But I still can't understand why one DiSEqC won't work when the setup is like this :

```````````````````+------ 22 kHz ------ DiSEqC #1 ------ LNB's
    Pansat 2500A ------+```````Tone
    ```````````````````+------ Switch ------ DiSEqC #2 ------ LNB's

Anyone?

anik10-19-2005, 02:22 PM

Well, as I posted in another message today, everything seems to work with the tone switch AFTER the DiSEqC, in other words I can (in theory, anyway) use one DiSEqC and four tone switches but not one tone switch and two DiSEqC's.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

As my 0/12volt switching is defective I went out today and bought two different 0/22Khz switches for my Kaon.

I have two 4 port disecq switches and want to be able to watch all 8 sats.

The first model is a heavy fat one made by PSI. This clicks constantly and will not even allow the four 0Khz ports to function.

The other is a China made switch sold locally. It is small thin and does not click. This one shows all 4 ports on 0Khz but nothing on 22Khz even though I set up 22Khz in the menue for 4 sats. Is it possible these switches dont work in combination with disecq switching ? What else could be wrong...all sats are C band ? All switches are attached close by the receiver ( and not the dish)
    Thanks.
    pls look at the following page, hopes that helps you,

http://www.digiwavetechnologies.com/...sition=122:122

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    pls look at the following page, hopes that helps you,

http://www.digiwavetechnologies.com/...sition=122:122
    Many thanks for that website. The Co have the product below but when clicked on get nothing so have emailed them
    Goodness knows how this switch is controlled. Perhaps Disecq 1.1 which few receivers have ( funnily enough saw the 1.1 on the Dream Box which I haven't yet bought )
    Lets hope Yan replies soon with his test results. Cheers

DGS-SW81
    8 in 1 out Diseqc Switch

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Ko Yan, where are you ? Its been nearly a week since you last posted on RDI...seems like a year !

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Ko Yan, where are you ? Its been nearly a week since you last posted on RDI...seems like a year !

Dear Sir C-Band, yes so sorry fro my absence bcoz. my connection was down for 4 days and miss RDI for many days.And lost my promise on my brother C-Band.

Regards.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Sir C-Band, yes so sorry fro my absence bcoz. my connection was down for 4 days and miss RDI for many days.And lost my promise on my brother C-Band.

Regards.
    Glad you are now back.
    Found yet another Co advertising the 22Khz switch for selecting between two four-port discecq's. Even showed a picture / diagram how it works !
    I tried and tried BUT just cannot get such a switching set up to work. The American above also cannot get this set up to work.
    Can you now please try Yan and let us all know if it works for you.?
    Many thanks.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Sir C-Band and hope I can stretch out my free time today and test how it works.Later the result will come out with me.Again so sorry for my late reply.

Regards.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Sir C-Band and hope I can stretch out my free time today and test how it works.Later the result will come out with me.Again so sorry for my late reply.

Regards.
    hi Yan....so will the 22Khz switch work with two four port disecqs ?
    Thanks

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Sir C-Band , today I've tried many methods in this case but unfortunately I can't success.Tomorrow I'll try it again and tell u my result.

Best Wishes.

Thread Information