Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default BESAT 3500 - eMetabox1 software compatible?

Can anybody please confirm if this new receiver is indeed an eMetabox1 clone? And as such, eMetabox1 softwares and patches (such as Dreamsoft) are compatible? Thanks for your help!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

here are a list of some besat and metabox equivalents. as for your besat 3500, pls check which software it has right now. if it is running on DS (dreamsoft) or MTG software, then chances are it is a clone of metabox (since besat is the authorised distributor of metabox for KSA).

same as metabox3.
    BeSat 5400 Gold: DVB-S, embedded Multicas, 2x Common Interface
    BeSat 2400 SuperGold: DVB-S, embedded Multicas, 2x Common Interface
    BeSat EM 9001 CXCI: DVB-S, embedded Conax, 2x Common Interface

Same as metabox1
    BeSat eM Bx: DVB-S, FTA
    BeSat 3400: DVB-S, FTA
    BeSat 3300: DVB-S, FTA

same as metabox2
    BeSat 5300: DVB-S, embedded Conax

*courtesy of Satdiy

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: BESAT 3500 - eMetabox1 software compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by faded comet
    Can anybody please confirm if this new receiver is indeed an eMetabox1 clone? And as such, eMetabox1 softwares and patches (such as Dreamsoft) are compatible? Thanks for your help!
    M8, its clone Metabox1 FTA, I have the same model. The same face of Metabox FTA-1 from this page h**p://www.metaware.co.kr/product/index.html

Patch D/S 1.4.3.6All then patch DreamSoft 1.4.3.7UPD it will work fine but weak signal. You will see the difference if you have other quality STB.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by guru1925
    M8, its clone Metabox1 FTA, I have the same model. The same face of Metabox FTA-1 from this page h**p://www.metaware.co.kr/product/index.html

Patch D/S 1.4.3.6All then patch DreamSoft 1.4.3.7UPD it will work fine but weak signal. You will see the difference if you have other quality STB.
    Weak signal is not from the decoder... it's from a poor quality lnb or poorly tuned dish or dish which is too small.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default BESAT 3500 Problem

Thanks guys for coming to my aid immediately. Now that we have ascertained that the Besat 3500 (a mate of mine owns it) is a clone of eMetabox1, may I present the problem we are facing now. My friend told me his receiver was using Dreamsoft but recently had this "fake box" problem. Now that Denny has released his DS 1.4.3.7 UPD and were successful in one eMetabox1 (black) receiver. So what he did was download from the "fixed" eMetabox1 and did a receiver-to-receiver upgrade with his Besat 3500. Unfortunately his Besat 3500 is not working now! When you power up, the only thing you will see in the LCD is a small inverted letter c! Nothing else, and it does not boot up. I remember encountering a problem like this before with my Besat 3400 so I tried to install eMetabox version 4.04. I was glad to find that it was able to upload it and got the "GOOD" message afterwards. Usually after the GOOD message in the LCD it is supposed to go on and START right? Well, It did not, it went back to the previous error message which is the inverted small letter c. Can you help me with this one guys? Appreciate your usual assistance! Thanks!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: BESAT 3500 Problem

Thanks guys for coming to my aid immediately. Now that we have ascertained that the Besat 3500 (a mate of mine owns it) is a clone of eMetabox1, may I present the problem we are facing now. My friend told me his receiver was using Dreamsoft but recently had this "fake box" problem. Now that Denny has released his DS 1.4.3.7 UPD and were successful in one eMetabox1 (black) receiver. So what he did was download from the "fixed" eMetabox1 and did a receiver-to-receiver upgrade with his Besat 3500. Unfortunately his Besat 3500 is not working now! When you power up, the only thing you will see in the LCD is a small inverted letter c! Nothing else, and it does not boot up. I remember encountering a problem like this before with my Besat 3400 so I tried to install eMetabox version 4.04. I was glad to find that it was able to upload it and got the "GOOD" message afterwards. Usually after the GOOD message in the LCD it is supposed to go on and START right? Well, It did not, it went back to the previous error message which is the inverted small letter c. Can you help me with this one guys? Appreciate your usual assistance! Thanks!

if you load eMetabox version 4.04 and still not working then
    1) Need to flash your receiver, then re-load eMetabox version 4.04,then a d/s and it will work
    2) if still not working despite of those attempt then J-tag time

lakaypogi

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

i have Besat EMBX, I think this is the same with Emetabox 1, i've downloaded S/W of ematabox 1 and it works.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by chieboy
    i have Besat EMBX, I think this is the same with Emetabox 1, i've downloaded S/W of ematabox 1 and it works.
    besat is the local saudi distributor of metabox. . yours will work for sure coz i have one same as yours and it works

lakaypogi

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@faded comet,

try reflashing the boot sector alone. see if that solves your problem. also, i noticed on my metabox3, that whenever i load a software with the receiver tuned in to a channel, be it FTA or encrypted, most of the time i get the NAK=1 message from the loader and the flashing process fails. so i do my flashing with the receiver on stanby mode, (only clock is showing). hope this helps and then reload your update to DS.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by guru1925

Weak signal is not from the decoder... it's from a poor quality lnb or poorly tuned dish or dish which is too small.
    First, think if you are in the right answer instead of quoting stupid answer. I am not newbie to this stuff whos doesn't know how to troubleshoot problem. I said test with quality STB since I have original eMBx, Strong, Technosat STB and giving 70-85% quality while Besat3500 always orange signal.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

:P

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Still No Luck

Thanks guys for all your comments, instructions and advise but it seems the problem lies in the hardware already. Tried to infuse software even the old version 4.04, it accepts the upload and goes through the installation process but when you power on again, it's that same inverted small letter c. The only software I haven't tried is the MTG version. I've also been advised that perhaps, there's something to be re-set in the hardware, well that particular aspect I wouldn't dare go into. Seems need to take it to the shop then. Thanks!

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    @faded comet,

try reflashing the boot sector alone. see if that solves your problem. also, i noticed on my metabox3, that whenever i load a software with the receiver tuned in to a channel, be it FTA or encrypted, most of the time i get the NAK=1 message from the loader and the flashing process fails. so i do my flashing with the receiver on stanby mode, (only clock is showing). hope this helps and then reload your update to DS.
    Before uploading the software you are meant to turn off the power, start the loader and then turn the power back on.

You are not meant to upload with the decoder powered on.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default POWER OFF WHEN UPLOADING S/W

Hi IrdetoEngineer:
    Yes, that's precisely what I do when uploading new patches/software for eMetabox1. Power is always off and only turned on after I click START in the Sender program. As I said earlier, no problem in uploading software, the unit accepts it and transmits just like the normal process, up to the point where it says "GOOD". Problem is afterwards, the LCD doesn't show "STRT" nor progresses on to open. The only thing you see in the LCD is the inverted small letter c. Is this a hardware problem already?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

The main problem now is the boot loader was change. This must be fixed with patch which is capable to load D/S. Do not use the boot loader in the forum, this is only for original Metabox. Not a JTAG time, you can fixed it with the patch.

Visit ucascity and look for this patch.

MTG10-18-xMAIN05.62-01-TVcanbo-05-04-06.bin

Load this patch then you will see GOOD, don't expect for STRT, everything is OK. Then load the latest D/S, then reboot the decoder. If your friend use it for Dream TV then use Dream1.4.3.4 LE Indonesia is enough. Don't keep on experimenting with new D/S, it will go back to the same problem.

Don't keep loading the D/S, it will not work even with the latest D/S unless the decoder bring back to its original boot loader. Do not load the MTG10 for DreamTV (for original Metabox only) - it will give the same problem with inverted four number 7 or three dash line on display.

@irdeto2engineer
    Get out of my face before I buy your business. You didn't even reply to my inquiry in private message. You want to monopolized dream business, are you?

Thread Information