Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Interruption in reception of C-Band signals

I have a unique problem. I have a motorized 8 feet fibre satellite dish installed on the roof with both C and Ku Lnbfs. I donot get any interference on Ku band signals but C band signals are suffering from constant interruption and the signal level keeps fluctuating for all the C band satellite frequencies. Currently I am living at Karachi near sea. I had the same problem in Islamabad when I was there a couple of years ago. I did not face this problem in other cities. Can anybody suggest any remedy to overcome this constant nuisance. Let me tell you that on some days there is no interference. Thanks

[email protected]

Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Chennai, India
    Posts Thanks / Likes

There might be some terestrial tramissions in that range you have above said. I also face the same kind of problem some times. C-Band wiped out by wireless modem might be a reason.

See the following link and it might help you:

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

only a suggestion,
    since you are near the sea, humidity subject to day and night temperatures could affect your signals.
    just like we have rain fades, and moisture would probably do the same, plus the tidal waves could really raise the humidity levels.
    For experiments please use a humidity meter and see whats the humidity level at the time you have poor signals, and also the level when you have best signals.
    If correct you can help many in future.
    Dstv HD PVR

Thread Information