Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default CV12 Good news for those interested

For people with a small budget and broadband this seems the best deal around for viaccess and seca encrypted channels.

The info website now open without registration if you go to :
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/cv12net/...p?showtopic=10

Another big advantage of the system is you dont necessarily need a new receiver. If yours has a slot and / or you have a suitable cam you can use with your existing receiver.

Dvbkeys 20 dollars plus postage offer is a true bargain.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi,
    sorry i havent been to the sight,
    is it only for fot those on broadband, or can be on dsl and dial up too.
    and the $20 for what length of time?
    a year looks good
    Dstv HD PVR

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    Hi,
    sorry i havent been to the sight,
    and the $20 for what length of time?
    a year looks good
    YES I THOUGHT SO THATS WHY I AM EFFECTIVELY ADVERTISING FOR HIM !

READ WHAT OUR CHINESE MEMBER Dvbkey WROTE ON 6 APRIL
    "$20 USD include a cv12box and one yearly Fee"

I think you need broadband but as I dont yet have a CV12 I am not certain.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

should work on dial-up as the key data stream is not that big, PROVIDED, you have a reliable dial-up connection.

what will stop the dealer to close the server once he gathers his profits and server requests will clog up his bandwidth? guarantees..... guarantees, folks.... always ask for that. is this yet another angelbox/dreamachine/visionnet fiasco in the making?
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

surely what happens of late is any good product comes up, collects one year subscriptions, and close quarter way to the year having made their bucks.
    for a start we should have one month payment so that we only lose for the equipment in case of problems
    but $20 looks
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

For card sharing the bandwidth of the internet connection is not that significant because it is just a small amount of data that is exchanged between the receiver and the server. What is important is the reponse time or the delay. Dialup works just as good as broadband. I have used dialup at 33.6kbps to access a server over the internet and it worked without any freezing.

CV12 or any other device or receiver will exchange the same data when it comes to card sharing. So my feeling is that CV12 will work with dialup.

Broadband or DSL (or cable access) are generally used to refer to high speed internet connection, and as I said before it will not make any difference for card sharing.
    Don't Stop......Keep Learning!

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks for that clarification cruiser,
    just because of a new product we continue to cast out any doubts, and as time goes, we will soon be purchasing the equipment.
    its worth a try and may save us from the receiver costs and expensive providers.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default cv12

for the likes of myself can someone explain what a cv12 is and
    what its used for
    if poss in laymans terms
    thank you
    JOE SOAP

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks for that clarification cruiser,
    just because of a new product we continue to cast out any doubts, and as time goes, we will soon be purchasing the equipment.
    its worth a try and may save us from the receiver costs and expensive providers.
    Oh no Cogil....not a new product .....going for years !
    When I looked at the web page...see url above ....was surprised to see a posting I had made over 2 years ago I think and had forgotten and also a more recent one from an esteemed member whose name you will recognise immediately !

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by JOESOAP View Post
    for the likes of myself can someone explain what a cv12 is and
    what its used for
    if poss in laymans terms
    thank you
    CV12 is a small unit used for card sharing. It acts as a middle man to connect a receiver to a card sharing server. It has a network (LAN) port to connect to a LAN or internet, and a seasons interface to connect to the receiver. A seasons interface is a board like a smart card that is hooked to the CV12. It is inserted into the smardcard slot or CAM (Conditional Access Module) of the receveiver. As far as the receiver is concerned, it sees a valid card (subscription card) and it decodes the encrypted channels. The data for decoding the channels (keys) are passed on to the receiver by the CV12 which in turn gets them from the card sharing server.

You can get some more information on card sharing and CV12 from the below post: (post #32 and #36)
    http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=47217&page=3

And also from:
    http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=47173

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    CV12 is a small unit used for card sharing. It acts as a middle man to connect a receiver to a card sharing server. It has a network (LAN) port to connect to a LAN or internet, and a seasons interface to connect to the receiver. A seasons interface is a board like a smart card that is hooked to the CV12. It is inserted into the smardcard slot or CAM (Conditional Access Module) of the receveiver. As far as the receiver is concerned, it sees a valid card (subscription card) and it decodes the encrypted channels. The data for decoding the channels (keys) are passed on to the receiver by the CV12 which in turn gets them from the card sharing server.

You can get some more information on card sharing and CV12 from the below post: (post #32 and #36)
    http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=47217&page=3

And also from:
    http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=47173
    thank you cruiser for the info, every day you learn a little more
    JOE SOAP

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default cv12

cruiser

cud a member that had a cv12 cud goine a newcs card server? i use a newcs server and a dreambox, and a frind in ather place cud conect to my server with the cv12 via a dialup conection?

that sud be an intresting expeirence? p.s if ther is any member with a cv12 i wud like to do a little test with him, sen me a pm.

regards

aikki

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by aikki View Post
    cruiser

cud a member that had a cv12 cud goine a newcs card server? i use a newcs server and a dreambox, and a frind in ather place cud conect to my server with the cv12 via a dialup conection?

that sud be an intresting expeirence? p.s if ther is any member with a cv12 i wud like to do a little test with him, sen me a pm.

regards

aikki
    That sounds interesting and yes I think so. The CV12 can be configured for server IPs, user name and password. And I think it works on commonly used protocols.

Unfortunately I dont have a CV12, otherwise I would have been the first one to join your test.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    For card sharing the bandwidth of the internet connection is not that significant because it is just a small amount of data that is exchanged between the receiver and the server. What is important is the reponse time or the delay. Dialup works just as good as broadband. I have used dialup at 33.6kbps to access a server over the internet and it worked without any freezing.

CV12 or any other device or receiver will exchange the same data when it comes to card sharing. So my feeling is that CV12 will work with dialup.

Broadband or DSL (or cable access) are generally used to refer to high speed internet connection, and as I said before it will not make any difference for card sharing.
    Thanks cruiser , that's very good news for dialup users.R r using DM box with dial up?

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Thanks cruiser , that's very good news for dialup users.R r using DM box with dial up?

Regards.
    Now I dont have access to any card servers that can connect with the DM. But some time ago I was using the DM with dialup to connect to a cardserver and it was working fine. If some one is kind enough to offer a test account, I can try with dialup again and report back.

I have another receiver (Fortec Star Lifetime II) that works thru one of these card sharing units. I now use a high speed cable modem connection for the internet. But at times when the cable service is down, I even use my mobile to connect to the internet. With this setup too, I can see channels very clearly. On the mobile, the speed of the GPRS internet I get is similar to dialup.

So technically speaking, dialup is fine but if your ISP charges by the minute, it may not be feasible for your pocket.

Thread Information