Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Paksat At 38 degrees

Hello,
    Can any one confirm the sunoutage of This satellite.As i experience it daily midnight till 4 or 5.whats wrong with this satellite,or if its Faulty why did the government paid Millions for This piece of Junk.

regards
    swat2

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by swat2 View Post
    Hello,
    Can any one confirm the sunoutage of This satellite.As i experience it daily midnight till 4 or 5.whats wrong with this satellite,or if its Faulty why did the government paid Millions for This piece of Junk.

regards
    swat2
    what are you experincing between those times, and what is your signal levels at the time its ok?
    outages and fades, i think occur for a shorter period than you are experiencing.
    possible you need bigger dish or re-set up of your receiving equipment.
    Dstv HD PVR

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello,

regards
    swat2
    Dear brother, u should check ur dish equipment as Sir Cogil mention.Otherwise , Perhaps that satellite has technical problems if other will same problem with u.

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Paksat

hello
    thanks for replying,well the signal is okie other then the time i mentioned 87 % but at the times mentioned it drops to zero.and remains from 12 till 4 am at zero.any solutions.

regards
    swat2

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hello
    thanks for replying,well the signal is okie other then the time i mentioned 87 % but at the times mentioned it drops to zero.and remains from 12 till 4 am at zero.any solutions.

regards
    swat2
    I think u r edge of the footprint of this bird.The solution may be u should use bigger dish as we said "bigger dish can get stronger signal". (suggestion)

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

also find out if anybody in the same vicinity is able to watch with good signal levels at that time yours disappears, could be everything goes off, and that would happen to all not only you.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

ok with me at that time
    ssss

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Paksat

well I live in Pakistan. This bird is suppose to be for Pakistan,the **** prints are strong here, as i told you earlier at day time i get 85 % signals till 12 at night,so the dish is alligned properly,its a Solid 8 feet dish. here Paksat is working in the vacinity with 4 feet same signal quality any more suggestions

regards
    swat2

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

this is wellknown fact that SUPARCO purchased this satellite from Hughes technologies and had defects. it was previously called PALAPA-2C and had completed 8 years when pakistan purchased it.

here is a link about PAKSAT's outages:

http://www.hollycroftassociates.com/telenor's_satellite_fleet.htm

Paksat 1 has a scheduled service outage which occurs during eclipse season - 44 days twice a year - when the satellite loses sight of the sun. The outage is always centered around satellite local midnight and ranges between a few minutes upto 2.5 hours at it's maximum. During most of the eclipse season the satellite can be used for more than 22 hours per day giving annual availability greater than 97%. Business day uses are unaffected by the outage, and since the outage is always around satellite local midnight most users are unaffected.
    STB info:
    Humax5400 with ****** FREECAM 2-019, Coship, Manhattan Plaza ST550 PVR with 80GB Maxtor Quickview HDD.
    Dish Info:
    HotBird,NileSat;ArabSat;Panamsat-10,AsiaSat3s
    Subscriptions:
    Showtime,Pehla

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@swat,
    hopefully Guy answers your question, and seems an age problem,
    and yours probably goes out longer than anticipated.
    Dstv HD PVR

Thread Information