Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: Dish Tv

RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default Dish Tv

hello can any body help me about dish tv i have dish tv with compelite card its working in india but i bring that in saudi arabia
    pls tell me what is the direction of Dish and what give me the Dish size..
    thank you for your help

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

For the direction, try the tracking chart of lyngsat. On the map just click on your location and you will get all the azimuth and elevation angles.
    http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/nss6.html

With regard to the dish size, since you are on the fringes of the coverage **** print I assume you would need a fairly big dish for a good coverage, preferably 150cm or bigger.

Also during these days users in the middle east region have reported that the reception of DishTV and TataSky is very weak. I beleive this is due to solar interference which is inherent during March and April.
    Don't Stop......Keep Learning!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

get bigger than 6ft if you can afford it. signals are a bit weaker, and be prepared for the sandstorms the next few weeks. so to avoid the hassle (otherwise you get to watch only during nights, lol) get a bigger dish.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

It might be good idea to check if its allowed by Saudi customs. You never go when they might impose the same rule as in dubai.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

depends upon your location, if you are in eastern part of saudi arabia, then u can receive the signal very easily, other than eastern part i think it is not possible, i am residing in souther part, i brought dish tv decoder with card and lnb also , tried whole week , with 2 meters dish, but no signal.
    mua

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by j2j View Post
    depends upon your location, if you are in eastern part of saudi arabia, then u can receive the signal very easily, other than eastern part i think it is not possible, i am residing in souther part, i brought dish tv decoder with card and lnb also , tried whole week , with 2 meters dish, but no signal.

please check hear you can got all things
    http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread....ghlight=zenega

Thread Information