Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defamation

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Defamation

Sorry to have to open a new thread but just saw wierdo's posting addressed to me and had to reply : He posted :
    " don't think you're quite up to date on how the court system works C-BAND.
    If SatThai thinks he's got defamed and wants the person responsible charged, he'll have to file a complaint. I think it would get laughed out of court. But he can always try "

Clearly you have not studied law or would know that defamation is a civil tort not normally a crimInal matter so nobody gets charged !
    They are sued for libel in a civil court and the court or possible a jury will decide if Mr Reeks has been defamed. The normal defence is "justification" or proving the statements made were true. If Mr Reeks has been defamed then he would be awarded substantial damages. Mr Reeks could also seek an injuction to stop the defamation. If ignored the person defaming can be sent to prison.
    NB I freely admit my legal knowledge is English law so it could be a little different in Australia....might even come under Ozzie State law there.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    They are sued for libel in a civil court and the court or possible a jury will decide if Mr Reeks has been defamed. . If Mr Reeks has been defamed then he would be awarded substantial damages. Mr Reeks could also seek an injuction to stop the defamation. If ignored the person defaming can be sent to prison.

NB I freely admit my legal knowledge is English law so it could be a little different in Australia....might even come under Ozzie State law there.
    yeah well it's been a liong time since the british empire ruled Australia. Australia has different laws to the UK. The Privy Council cannot help anymore we cut the bastards off from ruling on laws in Australia a long time ago.

AS it's not a criminal offense but a civil offense there is no prison time. DUH!

AS for damages.... The people he would be suing are people who have paid for services they say were not delivered. They have their banking records, emails and what not.

Even if proven the damages may aonly amount to a small amount as the cliamants services were nickel and dime stuff.

Secondly there may not be a chance to file the suit in Australia the postings are not made on an Australian registered website.

Many have said they they have paid for services not delivered. They have complained about emails mail and phone calls not being replied to. There is no defamation in that as SATHAI has responed on RDI to their posts that he has sent the good or contacted the customer.

But I dont know anything. After all I topped my class in contracts and torts. But hey I'm not a lawyer either. A Thai lawyer cannot sue in an Australian court. They need to engage the services of an Australian lawyer to bring a case in Australia. Or perhaps have the case heard in Thailand and then bring that claim to Australia for claim if the case in Thailand was succesful.

But then a Thai court may rule that as defendent is not resident in Thailand they have no rights to go to trial. A thai court ruling would not necessarily be held up in Australia as the laws are different.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

I Agree With Most Of That.
    As Mentioned The Question Of Imprisonment Would Arise Only If An Injunction Was Issued By The Court And Then Ignored.
    Thailand Has No Enforcement Of Civil Judgements Outside Its Territory And Vice Versa. So If You Owe A Million Dollars To An English Guy And Go To Live In Bangkok , The English Guy Can Whistle For His Money
    As For Ozzie Law Applying This May Not Be A Matter Of Ozzie Law But Of Each Individual Australian State As It Is In The Usa.
    Can Any Ozzie Enlighten Us ?

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    I Agree With Most Of That.
    As Mentioned The Question Of Imprisonment Would Arise Only If An Injunction Was Issued By The Court And Then Ignored.
    Thailand Has No Enforcement Of Civil Judgements Outside Its Territory And Vice Versa. So If You Owe A Million Dollars To An English Guy And Go To Live In Bangkok , The English Guy Can Whistle For His Money
    As For Ozzie Law Applying This May Not Be A Matter Of Ozzie Law But Of Each Individual Australian State As It Is In The Usa.
    Can Any Ozzie Enlighten Us ?

Sure the states in Australia have there own laws

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default re

it does not matter what country you are in or from ?
    IF YOU HAVE PROOF of PAYMENT then the LAW is on your side ?
    But then again these people sent no FUNDS so its a shut and closed case
    satthai or the accused never accepted any funds in there name nor company name these fake claims dont exist by LAW the goverment can easly check those responsible there bank accounts and sieze lock the accounts - but then again as said before These claims was false and flamming and nothing else - satthai or the accused have never offered this service where funds is to be sent to a Personal Account - Anyone who send funds must send to the Company account -

Always only send FUNDS to a Company Bank Account also which is good advise get them to send you a PRO-FORMER Invoice first - Then the bank will 100% take action if you loose funds .......... THATS THE LAW .

As for Personal Problems with a Uk OR Worldwide i dont think you have anychance in the World

But if like i said above if this is a Legal Company u send funds then the LAW is there to protect YOU .

PS: Forget to say and maybe another member can clear this up im sure there also is a time limit on which YOU can take such actions 3 months or 6 Months ? not sure about the limit ? maybe someone else can answer that cband ? ie : if u said u sent someone money 10 year ago im sure everyone would laugh at you IM SURE ITS 3 MONTHS LIMIT ?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

The law in England says all claims/debts lapse after 6 years.
    The transaction here was made in Thailand.
    God knows what the Thai law is !
    Any Thai lawyers on the forum ?

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by SatThaiTV View Post
    :

But then again these people sent no FUNDS so its a shut and closed case

:
    You say they sent no funds but then you posted what you claim is an EMS receipt as proof of sending goods. You then warned your customer not to post on forum when they complained you did not answer emails.

Sorry, really which is it?

You also said

The Company and stock was sold

http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=46324

But now it appears not to be the case also.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ******2engineer View Post
    You say they sent no funds but then you posted what you claim is an EMS receipt as proof of sending goods. You then warned your customer not to post on forum when they complained you did not answer emails.

You also said

I think he might suffer from multiple personality disorder!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

You also said

Only 1 Customer complained - WHICH he has received the goods already

The people who accuse like basset , wierdo , and many others who butt in including yourself HAVE NEVER SENT any FUNDS and you just like to butt in cos thats the type of people YOU are ? Very un_proffessional when you have your own company to butt in on what dont concenr YOU

Yes it has been sold and im nothing to do with it hence i dont advertise links with this nick cos its not mine to do so

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Only 1 Customer complained - WHICH he has received the goods already

The people who accuse like basset , wierdo , and many others who butt in including yourself HAVE NEVER SENT any FUNDS and you just like to butt in cos thats the type of people YOU are ? Very un_proffessional when you have your own company to butt in on what dont concenr YOU

Yes it has been sold and im nothing to do with it hence i dont advertise links with this nick cos its not mine to do so

well why where my e mails not replyed to unti the fifth `1 quotingTo: [email protected]
    Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 4:59 PM
    Subject: telstar card ordered and not received

ATT ALLAN REEKS.

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO E-MAIL TO GET A RESPONSE TO OUR ORDER, ON PAYPAL RECEIPT NUMBER 5178-6369-0475-4500.

CAN YOU PLEASE BE DECENT AND REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS ON WHAT IS GOING ON.

Sorry for the late reply
    All Back ordered telstar cards will be sent out this week ...
    New version card is reason for delay why when i escalated claim 17 cents was available from 210 dollars would you like to see all people post legitimate receipts . many more would voice there concerns basset is showing the guts to bring to light many concerns about people who only wont a fair go to whats wright long live the hound

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Only 1 Customer complained -

The people who accuse like basset , wierdo , and many others who butt in including yourself HAVE NEVER SENT any FUNDS and you just like to butt in cos thats the type of people YOU are ? Very un_proffessional when you have your own company to butt in on what dont concern YOU
    Only 1? You can't count mate. Several forums with many people complaining about you. Several on RDI

Well I have no need to buy from you. You were the one asking me where to source stuff in a PM.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by woolie View Post
    well why where my e mails not replyed to unti the fifth `1 quotingTo: [email protected]
    Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 4:59 PM
    Subject: telstar card ordered and not received

ATT ALLAN REEKS.

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO E-MAIL TO GET A RESPONSE TO OUR ORDER, ON PAYPAL RECEIPT NUMBER 5178-6369-0475-4500.

CAN YOU PLEASE BE DECENT AND REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS ON WHAT IS GOING ON.

Sorry for the late reply
    All Back ordered telstar cards will be sent out this week ...
    New version card is reason for delay why when i escalated claim 17 cents was available from 210 dollars would you like to see all people post legitimate receipts . many more would voice there concerns basset is showing the guts to bring to light many concerns about people who only wont a fair go to whats wright long live the hound
    That was refunded by PAYPAL
    you need to contact PAYPAL AND NOT ME

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Only 1? You can't count mate. Several forums with many people complaining about you. Several on RDI

Well I have no need to buy from you. You were the one asking me where to source stuff in a PM.
    YES ONLY 1

Not intrested in FORUM BULLSHIT TALK

I dont take payments in my Name and i dont take payments at all
    I have given up sat game already ........... im just using this nick

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

To All Rdiers
    I Dont Get Involved With Individual Complaints But Mr Reeks Would Be Stark Staring Raving Mad To Cheat People When Under The Constant Spotlight Of Rdi.
    If For The Above Reason Only ....i Say He Should Be Trusted To Honour All Orders Placed With Him.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I have given up sat game already ........... im just using this nick
    But only a few months ago you were bragging on RDI you would be around longer than the rest of us with your 20 servers and 364 pay cards in your visionet servers. and your 1000% reliability!

What happened?

Thread Information