Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to use two recievers from one diseq?

Dear All,

I have two receivers. I am currently using one reciver with 2 dishes and Diseq Switch...now i wanna use another reciever in another room. So how is it posiible to connect both receivers with one Diseq switch...

i have out one cable from diseq and installed a splitter to it and two recievers were connected to splitter..

But when i run both receivers at the same time ...signal quality become down and i am not able to receive some channels...

Plz suggest how i can install my both receivers.

Thanks and regards,

MAJID KHAN
    PESHAWAR

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by majidpsh View Post
    Dear All,

I have two receivers. I am currently using one reciver with 2 dishes and Diseq Switch...now i wanna use another reciever in another room. So how is it posiible to connect both receivers with one Diseq switch...

i have out one cable from diseq and installed a splitter to it and two recievers were connected to splitter..

But when i run both receivers at the same time ...signal quality become down and i am not able to receive some channels...

Thanks and regards,

MAJID KHAN
    PESHAWAR
    you can split and use the two receivers so long as you work on a single polarity for both receivers, either V or H at a time. but not one on v and the other on h.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thumbs up Lnb

My past expereince much better to use 1 LNB w/two input for 2 rcvrs.
    Coz you cannot split the signal on 1 LNB w/one inputs..

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

connect lnb out of first reciever to lnb in of the second reciever by cable

mine is working fine

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I Have a question

can i connect lnb out of one reciever to Technisat ss2 dvb card
    or i have to buy two out put lnb

In theory it could work as i have connected two recievers as stated in my reply previously

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

why dont you change your old lnb to dual lnb instead. in that way you wont have any problem with Vertical and Horizontal polarity cancelling one another.
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by munim View Post

mine is working fine
    this wil work so long as what you watch in both receivers is of same polarity.
    so the fact is it works but has conflict with polarities at different transponders.
    Dstv HD PVR

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Zoren View Post
    why dont you change your old lnb to dual lnb instead. in that way you wont have any problem with Vertical and Horizontal polarity cancelling one another.
    as zoren suggests use dual lnb and run two parallel cables, one to each receiver, plus in the case of ss2. works better.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by munim View Post
    mine is working fine

this is an invitation for trouble coz receivers sometimes have voltage spikes on the tuners which will either:
    a) damage your other receiver
    b) damage your disecq switch
    c) damage your lnb or
    d) all of the above

the cost of which (not counting the headache and trouble of repairing) will be more than the actual amount of a single LNB with twin-output.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

buy a magic eye you will only need 1 stb http://search.ebay.co.uk/magic-eye-s...curZ3QQsalicZ3

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    this is an invitation for trouble coz receivers sometimes have voltage spikes on the tuners which will either:
    a) damage your other receiver
    b) damage your disecq switch
    c) damage your lnb or
    d) all of the above
    i've seen two receivers w/this config. the weaker receiver sustained damage beyond repair.

*dual lnb is the best solution for two receivers to work properly
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Best way is to use dual out to multiswitches that way never need to setup diseqc setting at all.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by majidpsh View Post
    Dear All,

Thanks and regards,

MAJID KHAN
    PESHAWAR
    Two receivers using the same disecq by means of splitter will only work if used singly, not at the same time. The advantage of this setup is you can change channels in both locations where the receivers are located. But if both receivers will be used at the same time, the last receiver to change the channel will be the one to receive the correct signal. The other receiver, most probably than not, will display 'no signal'. The only instance that the two will surely work at the same time is if both are tuned on the same frequency. Different programs on that particular frequency will be viewable in both receiver.

To make the two receivers work independently, you need a dual output lnb installed in each dish, and each lnb output to be connected to separate disecq switch. This way, you will save yourself from installing another set of dish, aligning them to your preferred sattelites and save space in your rooftop . You have to lay new cables though.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I think dual output Lnb will be perfectly work for ur two receivers.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fmcruzjr View Post
    Two receivers using the same disecq by means of splitter will only work if used singly, not at the same time. The advantage of this setup is you can change channels in both locations where the receivers are located. But if both receivers will be used at the same time, the last receiver to change the channel will be the one to receive the correct signal. The other receiver, most probably than not, will display 'no signal'. The only instance that the two will surely work at the same time is if both are tuned on the same frequency. Different programs on that particular frequency will be viewable in both receiver.

To make the two receivers work independently, you need a dual output lnb installed in each dish, and each lnb output to be connected to separate disecq switch. This way, you will save yourself from installing another set of dish, aligning them to your preferred sattelites and save space in your rooftop . You have to lay new cables though.
    Dear friend, Yes! you are absolutely right... this is the best suggestion

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thread Information