Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default hotbird in south india.....

all tps r gone ,exept duna tv anolague..............what about others , who living in south india?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

same problem for me in Sri Lanka and I have a 6 meter solid KU-dish.
    I think the beams of the new Hotbirds are better focussed than before.
    Within the footprint you are getting now a stronger signal ,but if you are out of the footprint area then you have no signal now.
    Kaefi

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Hikkaduwa View Post
    same problem for me in Sri Lanka and I have a 6 meter solid KU-dish.
    I think the beams of the new Hotbirds are better focussed than before.
    Within the footprint you are getting now a stronger signal ,but if you are out of the footprint area then you have no signal now.
    did u got any tps of HB ,b4 one month in ur area?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have not tested Hotbird again for long time - my dish is now directed to Arabsat (Badr) @26 Degree. And I have to find another KU Prime Focus LNB for my dish. I have tried the Invacom Prime Focus ,SMW , Chaparral Corotor, but the best result I had with the Invacom Offset LNB.Even Mushraf Ali in Coimbatore is using an Offset LNB.But I had always some doubt about the viewing angle of an Offset LNB because when I measure it from my Offset dishes the angle seems me approx 80 degrees.
    Now I got to know from Eutelsat at the Cebit, that the Offset LNBs have a viewing angle lesser than 90 degrees!
    And my KU dish has an beamwidth of 130 degrees.
    That means, the LNB will see only a part of the dish.
    May be you know a more suitable LNB for me?
    What equipment you are using?
    Kaefi

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

I think the Coimbatore guy's name is Sharaf and not Mushraf Ali But you might have told some other person

The dish you are using is prime focus or offset? What is its size?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Mushraf Ali is using the name Sharaf in this forum.
    My dish is a prime focus solid dish - diameter 610 cm,focal lenght of 235 cm and so the feedhorn beamwidth is 130 degree.
    A fiend of mine has a link with pictures of my dish on his website : http://www.kolbundco.com/BlueNote-Antenne.htm
    Kaefi

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Mushraf Ali is using the name Sharaf in this forum.
    My dish is a prime focus solid dish - diameter 610 cm,focal lenght of 235 cm and so the feedhorn beamwidth is 130 degree.
    A fiend of mine has a link with pictures of my dish on his website : http://www.kolbundco.com/BlueNote-Antenne.htm

Sorry I was wrong about the name
    What is the F/D ratio of your dish? From photos in that site you gave, it seems it may be around .40 in that case offset won't do well. Photo number 24,25 & 26 I cannot understand them(only able to find them as scalar rings) The descriptions of the photos are in another langauge so I cannot understand well. Anyway nice site with photos.

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have not tested Hotbird again for long time - my dish is now directed to Arabsat (Badr) @26 Degree. And I have to find another KU Prime Focus LNB for my dish. I have tried the Invacom Prime Focus ,SMW , Chaparral Corotor, but the best result I had with the Invacom Offset LNB.Even Mushraf Ali in Coimbatore is using an Offset LNB.But I had always some doubt about the viewing angle of an Offset LNB because when I measure it from my Offset dishes the angle seems me approx 80 degrees.
    Now I got to know from Eutelsat at the Cebit, that the Offset LNBs have a viewing angle lesser than 90 degrees!
    And my KU dish has an beamwidth of 130 degrees.
    That means, the LNB will see only a part of the dish.
    May be you know a more suitable LNB for me?
    What equipment you are using?
    and plz tell me....did u got any tp s of hb before?
    but i have received nearly 500 channels from that bird...now....nothing received and only analoque.....and my dish is 12 feet fibre dish(prime focus)and the lnb is "yuri" prime focus lnb.
    by the way , what about dream signal in ur country?
    and plz check ur pm

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

F/D ratio of my dish is 0.39
    And I have never tried Dream TV from Agila.
    Reg. the photos: pic 25 you can see the invacom prime focus feedhorn with the small scalar ring and its standing on a large scalar ring which I made to get a stronger signal.I had the feeling,that because of unaccuracy of a large dish many of the reflected beams are bypassing the small scalar ring.
    pic 26 i have fixed the Invacom Scalar ring in my large scalar ring with 35 centimeters diameter.
    in pic 24 you can see the scalar ring with the Invacom prime focus lnb (SNF 031)
    and in pic 18 I have fixed it on the dish in the focal point.
    The Invacom PF-LNB was showing a weak performance (The large scalar ring gave only a small improvement) ,other LNB's were better and with the Invacom Offset single LNB 0,3db I had the best result - pic 32
    Just now I got a private message from natraj (Kerala) - he is writing,that he is receiving now 1050 channels from Hotbird with his 4,5 meter dish.

at last - I am the owner of the Hotel Blue Note in Hikkaduwa

Greetings
    Kaefi

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Congrats owner of Hotel Blue Note Thanks for the explanation. But I have a doubt. If your F/D is 0.39 then normally Offset won't do any good. My dish's F/D is also 0.39 but the results using an Offset Ku lnb was poor than a 60cms Offset dish

I think the Scalar rings are for blocking the unwanted ground noise. If you want I will post the link for converting Offset LNBF in to Prime focus LNBF.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Help wanted

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    Congrats owner of Hotel Blue Note Thanks for the explanation. But I have a doubt. If your F/D is 0.39 then normally Offset won't do any good. My dish's F/D is also 0.39 but the results using an Offset Ku lnb was poor than a 60cms Offset dish

I think the Scalar rings are for blocking the unwanted ground noise. If you want I will post the link for converting Offset LNBF in to Prime focus LNBF.
    Dear nb15k,
    Please post the link for converting Offset LNBF in to Prime focus LNBF.
    Thanking you.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

please send me the link too.
    Thanx a lot!
    Kaefi

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Hotbird satellite reception

From [email protected]
    At present I am getting more than One thousand of programmes from hotbird satellite in my 4.5 mtrs dish antenna. The antenna is made by myself in 3.825 FD ratio. The recently shifted programmes from hotbird 2 to hotbird 8 are not coming. Still some frequencies of hotbird 678 are missing. Now the signal strength are just to have a good picture without freezing.
    Thanking you,
    [email protected] 9447649855

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Natraj. Read the whole thread and if have doubts ask there and I hope they would reply.

http://www.vetrun.com/forums/showthr...t=offset+prime

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by natraj View Post
    From [email protected]
    At present I am getting more than One thousand of programmes from hotbird satellite in my 4.5 mtrs dish antenna. The antenna is made by myself in 3.825 FD ratio. The recently shifted programmes from hotbird 2 to hotbird 8 are not coming. Still some frequencies of hotbird 678 are missing. Now the signal strength are just to have a good picture without freezing.
    Thanking you,
    [email protected] 9447649855
    dear mr.natraj, actually ' whats the correct tps u r receiving? and from which number of HB? and plz give more details about ,strongest tp s., caused , in here all digital tp s r gone............. receiving only analogue tps.
    regards-george

Thread Information