Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default A Test For All Senior Members.....

Dear forum,

I have a problem with my STB some days ago I downloaded a wrong file to my receivers My STB is VS9000 CI (S810CI) and after that wrong file now it has been converted to a different version mention below.

BOOT:
    Type: GMS
    Version: ARS1
    Model: S861CI

SOFT:
    Soft Version: TSR A6686 S190CI nc
    Buyer’s version: DVBXt®eme
    Ul Type; GP1.3
    S/w build date; Feb 22,2006

WHILE BEFORE THIS, MY SYSTEM WAS: (ORIGINAL)

HARD WARE version: S9000CI
    SOFTWARE VERSION: $VVAA6798S810Cinc
    DATABASE VERSION: 00 00 8209
    BOOT VERSION: 0016.1 (VVAS810CI)

I WANT TO BRING IT TO MY ORIGINAL SHAPE AND VERSION BUT NOTHING COULD HELP AND ITS ORIGINAL BUC (BOOT FILE ) IS NOT BEING COPIED TO MY SYSTEM….. I TRIED SO MANYTHINGS AND ALSO I TRIED SOME OTHER ARION VERSION BOOT FILES BUT RESUL IS ZERO….

PLEASE DEAR MEMBERS HELP ME THAT HOW CAN GET BACK THE ORGINAL SHAPE OF MY STB.

BEST REGARDS..

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

go to jtag thats is the solution to your problem:
    http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=37325
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

az30094

@ Tranquility

How did you load the new software into the receiver? using Serial port or Jtag?

Do you have the original software for your receiver? If you have, is it in bin format or flash file format? If it is in bin format, you can load the new software through Serial port. It it is in flash file format, then, you have to load it through Jtag only.

Remember, it is always a GOOD IDEA to have the original software handy, preferably in flash file format. With this, you can even revive a dead receiver.

By the way, why do you want to go back to original software. Is the upgraded software not working? or you don't like it? or just simply you like the orignal software?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by az30094 View Post
    @ Tranquility

How did you load the new software into the receiver? using Serial port or Jtag?

Do you have the original software for your receiver? If you have, is it in bin format or flash file format? If it is in bin format, you can load the new software through Serial port. It it is in flash file format, then, you have to load it through Jtag only.

Remember, it is always a GOOD IDEA to have the original software handy, preferably in flash file format. With this, you can even revive a dead receiver.

By the way, why do you want to go back to original software. Is the upgraded software not working? or you don't like it? or just simply you like the orignal software?
    sir, actually after that blunder no software is being accepted by my receiver, though it is working with the above mentioned software now but accept nothing now...even i tried to put the original boot file in my receiver but no avail.... and yes its original boot file is (when i unzipp) so it is BUC (for boot) and always softwares are AUC.... Thanks now advice and obliged......

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
    sir, actually after that blunder no software is being accepted by my receiver, though it is working with the above mentioned software now but accept nothing now...even i tried to put the original boot file in my receiver but no avail.... and yes its original boot file is (when i unzipp) so it is BUC (for boot) and always softwares are AUC.... Thanks now advice and obliged......

If any software access from RS 232 port ,then u can use with JTag and reprogram ur flash rom.And ur master boot will recover.

Hope it'll help.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    If any software access from RS 232 port ,then u can use with JTag and reprogram ur flash rom.And ur master boot will recover.

Hope it'll help.
    Dear Yan, please just tell me that how can i flash my receiver and yes please also provide flash file for Viva 9000CI as your provided file is no longer available on that website... Please also tell me that id it possible to do all this process with R232 port...

regards...

Thread Information