Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Exclamation Dont carry Dish Tv thro Dubai airport

Hi all....
    Those planning to bring any DTH receivers thro Dubai airport.... BEWARE.... they will not let the receiver out of the airport ...

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Do you mean we cant take out any sat receiver through Dubai airport or do you mean only dish tv ?

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Do you mean we cant take out any sat receiver through Dubai airport or do you mean only dish tv ?
    friend its only dish tv decorder

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks as I intend to buy the Humax 2000 HD receiver there. These are not sold in Thailand despite the fact that the HD tv's are available in every big store and we can receive Luxe HD tv on Eutelsat.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by pookoyikal View Post
    Hi all....
    Those planning to bring any DTH receivers thro Dubai airport.... BEWARE.... they will not let the receiver out of the airport ...
    yes i heard like that, and also they sent a warning to all the people which live in Jebel Ali to remove the personal dish , i afraid that itis just a starting to remove all the dishes around the UAE.
    Technosat, Humax, Starsat, Metabox, Kaon, Dreambox, Nokia, and echolink all i have in one room.

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

so what authorities intend to do? play cowboys and lasso every dish in a residential area? Dubai has the most electronics items you could ever find from cellphones to satellite receivers, computers etc blah blah are they gonna sieze these satellite receivers too
    and yes, i heard that too in ksa over 20yrs ago but still you can find every rooftop filled w/ satellite dish it can hold (ha! ha! ha! oh come on lets get it on)
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Talking

If the restriction only to India's DishTV ... then remove coverd packet and any logo/sticker from the STB, and say its another brand. I dnt think they will put the receiver to a dish and TV to test inside the Airport And buy separately a small dish of Rs 500/- INR equivalent there.
    Technology Makes You Live

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by urpradhan View Post
    If the restriction only to India's DishTV ... then remove coverd packet and any logo/sticker from the STB, and say its another brand. I dnt think they will put the receiver to a dish and TV to test inside the Airport And buy separately a small dish of Rs 500/- INR equivalent there.
    Good IDEA my friend

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

UAE is one of signatories in int'l IP(intelitual property) laws, they'r doing what a nation would on such thing, even though they have a duty free ports!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Thanks as I intend to buy the Humax 2000 HD receiver there. These are not sold in Thailand despite the fact that the HD tv's are available in every big store and we can receive Luxe HD tv on Eutelsat.
    CBand if you can wait untill JUNE my family will be here on Holiday from Uk i can get them to bring a few of these models into thailand !

regards

Thread Information