Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Question USB Card reader of Rs 200/-?

Hi

Recently in an IT MELA ( IT exhibition ) I saw an USB card reader (like a big match box) costing ONLY Rs 200/- (INR) !

Can that be used to read the PayTV smart cards ? Like Conax, ******2, etc ...
    Technology Makes You Live

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Bro that depends up on crystal oscillator frequency, and ISO.

Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by member91040 View Post
    Bro that depends up on crystal oscillator frequency, and ISO.
    Be careful- if it is fom Sat Thai or Electronics direct or Eldsat- better put the money in the river or Indian Ocean- You will never get it-see the threads about Telstar 18 and Electronics direct-

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well i have let you have your fun

NOW ITS TIME to ATTACK YOU

Would u like to see PROOF of this EMS Shipping

Since u say its a FAKE number

Shall i scan and put on the FORUM LIVE

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Red face Try to stick my Q

Quote Originally Posted by SatThaiTV View Post
    Well i have let you have your fun
    NOW ITS TIME to ATTACK YOU
    Would u like to see PROOF of this EMS Shipping
    Since u say its a FAKE number
    Shall i scan and put on the FORUM LIVE
    Friends;

Try to stick my Q, plz dnt divert the theme
    And for your information let me share also ...

I had done a single deal with SatThaiTV, and got my SS2 after 15-20 days, though they claim it will take max 7 days to Asia. And there is a chance of missing/hijack by custom ppl in EMS, better choose DHL (if possible).

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Here is the attitude of sat buyers cheated by Sat Thai and reported;
    • neilandrews1-Anyone dealt with this company.I ordered an xcam four weeks ago and have heard nothing.Are they scamming me. You have replied saying that the item has been shipped on the 14/9It is now 12 days later and still nothing.Your website states that you will put a tracking number on the account so that it can be tracked and this is not there.The item was ordered six weeks ago now and you have had my money for 5 weeks and still no item.NOT impressed14-09-2006, 21:29
    • Larachee-direct are bastaards they lie a lot
    • weirdoYour attitude stinks! Instead of being apologetic (which you should be) you're being an arrogant arsehole.
      If this is the way you treat your clients you deserve to go down the tube.
      And then to realize that most people would probably be prepared to wait if delays or problems were explained to them properly. A little communication goes a long way. How long would it have taken you to reply to even one of his emails[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/FELICI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/02/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
      I for one will NEVER buy anything from a company that treats people like you do.
    • cogilthe deal seems to have gone sour, you cannot retrieve international reg. post parcel, only unpaid p.o.ds and unless the receiver refuses to collect, so if not yet posted just refund him and soon enuf mail him a refund receipt as proof, otherwise you are roasting your net - on line sales, easen the matter M8
    • amboThe shop may be located in Thailand and even ran by Thais and this may be okay if the shop only caters to locals. But by advertising in the internet that a shop ships globally and makes itself available to international buyers, then the shop subjects itself to the same standards as USA or European online shops.

The most important part of doing online business is efficient communications. This has to start with the website itself. It must not advertise a product that they don't have any stock unless it is clearly stated in the ad that the item is out of stock and the buyer is aware of purchasing back-ordered items.

I feel very sympathetic to the OP as I myself has experienced very similar circumstances.
    Felician

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have seen card readers like the one you mentioned, they only read memory cards of camera's , mp3 players and flash disks. They are not able to read smart cards used in satellite receivers.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I Trust SatThaiTv. He Delivered to one of my friend with in 7 days to INDIA.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by urpradhan View Post
    Friends;

Try to stick my Q, plz dnt divert the theme
    And for your information let me share also ...

I had done a single deal with SatThaiTV, and got my SS2 after 15-20 days, though they claim it will take max 7 days to Asia. And there is a chance of missing/hijack by custom ppl in EMS, better choose DHL (if possible).
    Hello Pradhan Bro, Can we discuss about the card, What type of card have you seen, and were..? , Can you explain some think about the card reader which you have seen it, Ill let you know that it will work or not.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi

Recently in an IT MELA ( IT exhibition ) I saw an USB card reader (like a big match box) costing ONLY Rs 200/- (INR) !

try and get the instruction from the card booklet, unless it had a slot for the sat tv cards, some are made only for simcards and cannot do for sat card memory chips, being more expansive programs.
    Dstv HD PVR

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi

no u cannot read sat cards.....its for mobile phone card and memory card reader and its price is just 175 indian rupees here....
    regards-george

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post
    no u cannot read sat cards.....its for mobile phone card and memory card reader and its price is just 175 indian rupees here....
    regards-george
    Yes, dude .. ur r8 .. Its just a card reader.. not a smart card reader ... but the salesperson was saying its also a smart card reader and can read any card When I asked abt cards used for paytv, he told is there any card there for pay tv

so, jokes apart. I got the ans.

Thank you all.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Bro people does bluff alot for selling there items, Soo pls refer the booklet and full tech info before buying or knowing.

The price which you said are not even the components for smart card even.

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by fromdubai View Post
    I have seen card readers like the one you mentioned, they only read memory cards of camera's , mp3 players and flash disks. They are not able to read smart cards used in satellite receivers.
    thats right its an MMC reader. not even closed to the price of smart card reader
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Thread Information