Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Question progDVB->Device Not Started :(

Hi

For the past few months I was using progDVB w/o any problem.
    But for the past few days when I'm launching the app, its saying "Device Not Started !"
    But I'm able to watch the channels using other apps like MyTheatre, DVBDream, etc .....

As I remember, only once I had disabled the h/w (through networking connections) and enabled it immediately.

Any solution to this ? I ve tried to install several other version (including the most recent one 4.8.3) of progDVB, but the problem is still there
    Technology Makes You Live

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear friend, I'd faced this problem with my progDVB and my problem is sound card and show like this error with no picture.So I install a new sound card and it was running well still today.Plz. check out ur sound device and try again...

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

something is missing in your plug-ins it maybe corrupted in a way. try to replace another plug-ins with the same version that you already been using
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

remove your drivers, reboot. reinstall drivers. reinstall progdvb. if possible, change PCI card slots on your motherboard. progdvb is so quirky and unstable, i hardly use that anymore.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    remove your drivers, reboot. reinstall drivers. reinstall progdvb. if possible, change PCI card slots on your motherboard. progdvb is so quirky and unstable, i hardly use that anymore.
    Yes, I'll do that today an let you know all.

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi,

dear, i think, no need to change any hardware part if other dvb software wroks. just fresh re-install progdvb software.

ash7aq
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manc View Post
    hi,

dear, i think, no need to change any hardware part if other dvb software wroks. just fresh re-install progdvb software.
    Thats the correct solution

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ash7aq View Post
    Thats the correct solution
    Yes thas the correct solution, Many times it occurs, One more simple trick , just open progdvb and keep in minimize, and then open dvb dream or any other software, with which you card is working, then automatically prog dvb wake ups the card, Then suddently your system get heavly busy, at the time close your other application ( dvb dream or any other) , Dont close progdvb, it will keep active for your card.

Just do it bro, Let me know it.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello friends, if so I've faced a strange problem with my pc or dvb card or progdvb.Plz. teach me friends.

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Hello friends, if so I've faced a strange problem with my pc or dvb card or progdvb.Plz. teach me friends.

Thanks.
    Sure Bro, Can you explain your problem, Ill help you.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Talking

Friends

Thank you for ur reply.

Before posting a real problem, I ve tried several times to UN-INSTALL progDVB, but the problem was there. And I have also done the method suggested by memberXXXXX but that is not working.

Than I followed the suggestion of Mr Bokaya... UN_INSTALL the driver, all SS2 s/w and progDVB too. Then its working fine w/o any problem.

So, FULL clean install is the key to solution.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

sometimes, other solutions like mentioned by memberxxxx will work (you just need to push the drivers to make your card active), but too CUMBERSOME and time consuming to open two or three programs triggering the same hardware address and you are inviting the risk of a VERY UNSTABLE system in the long run.

doing it cleanly is still the best way.... and thus will provide a much more stable performance, especially with progdvb.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by urpradhan View Post
    Hi

For the past few months I was using progDVB w/o any problem.
    But for the past few days when I'm launching the app, its saying "Device Not Started !"
    i encountered this once, when i installed ProgDVB and run the program 1st time. but the mistake i forgot @ that time is i havent yet installed transponders and plug-ins. so if you said "you fresh installed again ProgDVB" there must be something you missed in your installation. sometimes problem may differ in some situation giving also the same error message "Device Not Started"
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

The method which i explain is an professional One, I thought it would be a major problem, but it was an minor problem. What boknoy sayes is right some times we need to push up to wake up the card.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i also have a question to dear members why some times progdvb says progdvb encounter a problem and need to close and i tried lots of new versions but all r courrpet.and some time if any version work than after restarting windows it again show the problem message.plz give some light on this issue too.thanx

Thread Information