Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Atlantic Bird 2 at 8.0W, Advice needed.

Hi I'm new here,
    Good site, loads of knowledge and great contributors,

I use a satellite internet service called SkyDSL and have a 80cms dish aligned to Telecom 2D & Atlantic Bird 2at 8.0W. The internal PCI card can pick up four FTA channels called, Marhaba, Al Jazerra English, France 24 English, and Kabel Kiosk infokanal along with the Audio of Euronews.

However there are several more channels encrypted on the "Orbit Network". The software provided is pretty basic, I wonder is there a freeware software available that would provide an alternative to the "DigitalTV-s skyDSL/PCI" that is provided. I would like to be able to get keys to decrypt these orbit channels.

If anybody could help I'd appreciate it alot.
    Satdude 21CN

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Anybody know anything about this?

az30094

Quote Originally Posted by Satdude 21CN View Post
    Hi I'm new here,
    Good site, loads of knowledge and great contributors,

I use a satellite internet service called SkyDSL and have a 80cms dish aligned to Telecom 2D & Atlantic Bird 2at 8.0W. The internal PCI card can pick up four FTA channels called, Marhaba, Al Jazerra English, France 24 English, and Kabel Kiosk infokanal along with the Audio of Euronews.

However there are several more channels encrypted on the "Orbit Network". The software provided is pretty basic, I wonder is there a freeware software available that would provide an alternative to the "DigitalTV-s skyDSL/PCI" that is provided. I would like to be able to get keys to decrypt these orbit channels.

If anybody could help I'd appreciate it alot.
    Satdude 21CN
    The Orbit package you are talking about is on Nilesat @ 7.0W. No keys are available for this package presently.

For your PCI satellite card, you can use other viewer programs like ProgDVB, AltDVB, MyTheatre, etc. These programs has facility for plugins and softcam plugins available freely. These plugins along with sof**eys opens up many encrypted channels (mostly on Hotbird). However, none of the packages on Nilesat are hacked yet.

Thread Information