Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to work with codecs in ProgDVB?

Hi to all!
    I was trying to install the dscaler and cyberlink codecs. I installed them but I can't make them work in my progdvb. I use a SS2 PCI card. I saw some kind of tutorial in internet about the nvidia codecs. But I could not make it work for the dscaler and cyberlink codecs. Please can anyone give me a detailed description of what to do? I am completely new with the codecs. Tried to find something useful in internet but I did not.
    Thanks for any answer

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You have to make a new graph for these codecs. Go to Progdvb homepage and take a look there on how to proceed. Or maybe you can find one allready maked.
    Din toate...mai putin !

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Ermond View Post
    Hi to all!
    I was trying to install the dscaler and cyberlink codecs. I installed them but I can't make them work in my progdvb. I use a SS2 PCI card. I saw some kind of tutorial in internet about the nvidia codecs. But I could not make it work for the dscaler and cyberlink codecs. Please can anyone give me a detailed description of what to do? I am completely new with the codecs. Tried to find something useful in internet but I did not.
    Thanks for any answer
    you can find codecs from this site: http://codecs.com/
    Alot of idea about ProgDVB on this link:
    http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=2245
    you can get an idea from boknoy_ph on the above link
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have already downloaded the codecs. But I can't make them work. Yesterday I copied the .ax files corresponding to cyberlink codec at the Filters folder of Progdvb and registered them. But when I changed the settings to the cyberlink codec, I got this error "Filter not founded". I think my problem is at the filtergraphs folder. I need to create a filtergraph I think. I tried to create one following a tutorial that I found in the net but still that error. Can someone post please some .xgr files that correspond to the cyberlink or dscaler codecs? Or maybe tell me if there is a good tutorial about how to create the filtergraphs and how to integrate them with progvb? I really need it because especially when watching football matches the picture is really bad. I looked over the net but couldn't find something that really could help me.
    I have a SS2 PCI 2.6D and my PC has a processor of 3.2 GHz and a graphic card NVidia 128 MB, so I don't think it is too bad as pc
    Some help in this is really appreciated.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Can i abele to use prog dvb codec for My Thea or DVB Dream.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I have already downloaded the codecs. But I can't make them work. Yesterday I copied the .ax files corresponding to cyberlink codec at the Filters folder of Progdvb and registered them. But when I changed the settings to the cyberlink codec, I got this error "Filter not founded".
    The same codec can be different from one version to other. It can have more pins or other CLSID. That's why you have to make your own codec or like I said find one.
    Din toate...mai putin !

MVDIG Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello,
    You have to install full versions that includ codec
    or you have find crack

Here is the link prog dvb full with crack file
    here RDI we are not allow attached file sorry for external link

Try

http://www.maldiviandigital.com/showthread.php?t=1164

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I have already downloaded the codecs. But I can't make them work. Yesterday I copied the .ax files corresponding to cyberlink codec at the Filters folder of Progdvb and registered them. But when I changed the settings to the cyberlink codec, I got this error "Filter not founded". I think my problem is at the filtergraphs folder. I need to create a filtergraph I think. I tried to create one following a tutorial that I found in the net but still that error. Can someone post please some .xgr files that correspond to the cyberlink or dscaler codecs? Or maybe tell me if there is a good tutorial about how to create the filtergraphs and how to integrate them with progvb? I really need it because especially when watching football matches the picture is really bad. I looked over the net but couldn't find something that really could help me.
    I have a SS2 PCI 2.6D and my PC has a processor of 3.2 GHz and a graphic card NVidia 128 MB, so I don't think it is too bad as pc
    Some help in this is really appreciated.
    Have you tried installing DVB Dream instead of ProgDVB? DVB Dream is easier to set up than Prog DVB. I used them both but Dream DVB is better in response to cpu usage w/c either can cause video to freeze up and hang even the pc itself. like i said b4 follow boknoy_ph suggestions in the RDI-ProgDVB section

My DVB Dream setup on SkyStar2
    Video Codec: nVidia pure Video
    Audio Codec: InterVideo
    Video Renderer: Overlay Video Renderer
    CPU Usage is as low as 5% max @14%
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Thanks for your answers!

I thank you a lot for your answers, really appreciate it. Yesterday I finally could make progdvb work with the cyberlink codec, but this was not what I was expecting. I will follow Zoren's answer and see if it will be more comfortable working with Dvb Dream. I think to try also the DvbViewer.
    Thanks again for your answers.

Thread Information