Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Is this a Problem in LNB or DISEQ Switch???

Dear All,

I have two dishes ...one for Intelsat 7/10 and another for Asiasat 3. so I am using Diseq switch for that. For two weeks I a am facing a problem in receiveing channels on Verticle polarity on asiasat 3. But tonight the same problem is occured for Intelsat 7/10. and i am not able to receive channels on V polarity.

I am using Superstar C Band LNBF and NEOSAT C Band LNBF and AMSTAR Diseq Switch.

Please inform me... is there any problem in LNB or Diseq switch..suggest me the best LNBF and Diseq switch.

MAJID KHAN
    PESHAWAR

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by majidpsh View Post
    Dear All,

I have two dishes ...one for Intelsat 7/10 and another for Asiasat 3. so I am using Diseq switch for that. For two weeks I a am facing a problem in receiveing channels on Verticle polarity on asiasat 3. But tonight the same problem is occured for Intelsat 7/10. and i am not able to receive channels on V polarity.

I am using Superstar C Band LNBF and NEOSAT C Band LNBF and AMSTAR Diseq Switch.

Please inform me... is there any problem in LNB or Diseq switch..suggest me the best LNBF and Diseq switch.

MAJID KHAN
    PESHAWAR

First.. check by connecting the cable directly to the STB and check if you are getting properly signal for both V and H on Asiasat3s...

If still you are facing same problem then check the LNBF and Dish position again...

Or if you are getting signal on both V and H after connecting direclty to STB without Diseqc then there will be some problem with Diseqc and better change the PIN port and see if it rectified.
    You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mj786 View Post
    First.. check by connecting the cable directly to the STB and check if you are getting properly signal for both V and H on Asiasat3s...

If still you are facing same problem then check the LNBF and Dish position again...

Or if you are getting signal on both V and H after connecting direclty to STB without Diseqc then there will be some problem with Diseqc and better change the PIN port and see if it rectified.
    this are the only steps you have to take for a cure of the problem or elimination
    Dstv HD PVR

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

that's the key in troubleshooting a problem always simplify, then eliminate!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mj786 View Post

Good REPLY

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

May be ur DiSeqC problem , I'd faced like this when my 2 way DiSeqC had corrupted.Bro. Mj's answer is full mark for ur problem.

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    May be ur DiSeqC problem , I'd faced like this when my 2 way DiSeqC had corrupted.Bro. Mj's answer is full mark for ur problem.

Thanks.
    I got same problem but lost all H c-band channels. But Ku band H are working fine thru same Deseqc Switch. funny isn't it?
    Enjoy while FTA....................

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by satpalchat1 View Post
    I got same problem but lost all H c-band channels. But Ku band H are working fine thru same Deseqc Switch. funny isn't it?
    Same problem with my DISEQC also. Good answer MJ.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Not a funny thing, in my experience that one of my receiver can works perfectly on both polarity within 12 yards of cable.But when the cable longer than 12 yr, then only V polarity is working.How strange it is ?
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default LNB died

last week my existing LNB died (both V & H lost), 6 Month ago I lost Only H polarity in Asiasat3S. So I changed my lnb with a new one. With the new LNB (pauxis model), after little bit twicking, I got both H & V polarity. So, the problem was in LNB.

So, in the situation like H or V polarity lost, LNB usually become the main culprit. after checking cable or switch function, you can go for LNB check & replcament.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

last week my existing LNB died (both V & H lost), 6 Month ago I lost Only H polarity in Asiasat3S. So I changed my lnb with a new one. With the new LNB (pauxis model), after little bit twicking, I got both H & V polarity. So, the problem was in LNB.

So, in the situation like H or V polarity lost, LNB usually become the main culprit. after checking cable or switch function, you can go for LNB check & replcament.
    Dont forget the receiver in this problem.

I once set up a new receiver by looping it off a first receiver. All worked well.

Then I took the new receiver to its new home and for some reason, it would receive only C band and not KU.

So I returned the new receiver and retested it by looping off the old receiver and again it worked fine on both C and KU.

The problem appears to be that the new receiver does not generate sufficient voltage to activate the diseqc, but relies on the voltage from the first receiver from where it was looped.
    So I guess the same problem could in theory, apply to V vs H signals, since they use 14 - 18 (13 - 19) volts.

Just a thought to keep in mind!
    No signal without me!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile same prob i faced also

For couple of months i also faced this prob, on intelsat 7/10 which was shared with my neigbours. They used 2 get both H & V signals from that sat but i used 2 get only V signals. I changed the Diseq but still the same, i changed all the cables and still the same. Finally i found out that i have 2 set the reciever LNB frequency to 5150/5750, then VOILA! i started getting V & H signals. But before i used 2 get H signals also on single LNB frequency..donno how tho , now no problemo

az30094

Consider this. Digital satellite equipment are poor sharers. The LNBs and Diseqs cannot be shared between multiple receivers due to technical reasons. In beginning, everything looks ok, but subsequently failures may occur. It starts with diseq switch, the lnb and even it may damage the receiver.

If the above scenario sounds familiar, then you have to identify the culprit. Try isolating the devices in the order mentioned above.

Good luck.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

for receivers to share polarities and powering up of lnb, either you should use same kind of receiver plus model, and only power up with two receivers one on H and the other on V, so no power conflicts on lnb supply.
    and this is where we loose lnb, diseqc and finally receiver - power up conflict, like one receiver will want to switch ku band to v while the other is trying to get h, since h is higher it will over run. think of the case of supplying 14v to what already has 18v - it cannot go down.
    those who use single receivers never experience this problem of loosing lnbs,diseqc and receiver.
    to use many receivers we use a multiple switcher with independent power to lnb, and the receivers have their powers to lnb set to off - this works, or only one receiver powers lnb, and the rest depend on the one.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

my case what I found is the LNB problem.

Thread Information