Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: Flashwizard_6_3

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Flashwizard_6_3

dear experts, whats the proceedure for upgrading dreambox throuhg "FLASHWIZARD_6_3" and whats the cable and port(ethernet or usb) needed?
    regarding-george

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hi George,
    have used both the ethernet port and also cable on com port 1, and have to select which one for download on.
    ethernet port only works when your dm address and comp address are all set correct and they can see each other. plus on connection panel it shows a green line between the two, meaning connected. if the connecting line is red means no communication btwn the two.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

if you are using the flash wizard then use cross ethernet cable for direct connection, pc to dm or use straight for pc to dm via ethrnet hub. it is very much faster then using your com1 and of course you have the image with extension name of fwz or fw2 files.

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    hi George,
    have used both the ethernet port and also cable on com port 1, and have to select which one for download on.
    ethernet port only works when your dm address and comp address are all set correct and they can see each other. plus on connection panel it shows a green line between the two, meaning connected. if the connecting line is red means no communication btwn the two.
    thankx dear cogil for ur help..........

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by fsales View Post
    if you are using the flash wizard then use cross ethernet cable for direct connection, pc to dm or use straight for pc to dm via ethrnet hub. it is very much faster then using your com1 and of course you have the image with extension name of fwz or fw2 files.
    thankx u verymuch dear fsales...for ur help and guides.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

welcome George there is much more ahead, so keep us posted.
    regards and best of wishes.
    Dstv HD PVR

Posts Thanks / Likes

dear fsales...plz tell me . have any configure for cross cable? just now i have tried with cross ethernet cable..but not connected yet.....any remedie?
    regards-george

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post
    dear fsales...plz tell me . have any configure for cross cable? just now i have tried with cross ethernet cable..but not connected yet.....any remedie?
    regards-george
    if you dont know how to do it yourself then try to visit a computer shop and look for it. cross ethernet cable is used for direct connection while the straight is used with a hub.
    if you have the cable with you then configure the i.p. address with the same address with your pc ip except the last digit. if your pc add. is like this 169.254.221.100 then your dm ip should be like this 169.254.221.111 no matter what the number you assigned to the last digit as long as it is not used by other device.

Posts Thanks / Likes

if you dont know how to do it yourself then try to visit a computer shop and look for it. cross ethernet cable is used for direct connection while the straight is used with a hub.
    if you have the cable with you then configure the i.p. address with the same address with your pc ip except the last digit. if your pc add. is like this 169.254.221.100 then your dm ip should be like this 169.254.221.111 no matter what the number you assigned to the last digit as long as it is not used by other device.
    thank u dear fsales....the ip matter is solved....but the box has not connected.....i thinkx the problom on cable configure..caused, if change the ip of box, then the information box of dcc says...network not ok...if i put correct ip then it says "error socket not connected".........if the configure of cable has wrong...plz let me know about correct configure of cable(ethernet).
    regards-george

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post
    thank u dear fsales....the ip matter is solved....but the box has not connected.....i thinkx the problom on cable configure..caused, if change the ip of box, then the information box of dcc says...network not ok...if i put correct ip then it says "error socket not connected".........if the configure of cable has wrong...plz let me know about correct configure of cable(ethernet).
    regards-george
    did you set the correct ip address? have you noticed on the dcc if the ip addressess is similar with your pc and dm except the last digit? did you try to click search just below the ip of your dm on dcc? and after that double click the ip address that should be assigned to your dm then click reconnect. if your dm ip address is not detected then your lan cable is not ok. better to buy lan cable (cross connect) then to do it yourself coz much accurate pin assignment and better crimped.

Posts Thanks / Likes

did you set the correct ip address? have you noticed on the dcc if the ip addressess is similar with your pc and dm except the last digit? did you try to click search just below the ip of your dm on dcc? and after that double click the ip address that should be assigned to your dm then click reconnect. if your dm ip address is not detected then your lan cable is not ok. better to buy lan cable (cross connect) then to do it yourself coz much accurate pin assignment and better crimped.
    thank u dear fsales...for ur great idea and guide.....i already searched the ip
    of db through dcc.....it says 192.168.1.1 and my pc's ip is 192.168.1.2....and just now i have checked again.....again i have searched the ip of db on dcc after removed the ethernet cable from pc ,now also it says as 192.168.1.1......
    so that , the problom may in cable....isn't it?
    thankx-george

Thread Information