Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default DishTV SUCKS !! Go FOR TATASKY !

Here are some of the reasons u shouldnt go for Dishtv. I did and believe me it was a big mistake

1) WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER
    2) Set top boxes are crappy
    3) Original nice software is removed with DIshtv's own CRAPPY SOftware which makes functioning sluggish and often freezes teh STB.
    4) Package doesnt include NEO sports

TATASKY on the other hand has
    1) SAME CHANNELS as DISHTV except -

TCM
    MGM

but it has few channels which are not in DISHTV package like

SAHARA ONE
    NEO SPORTS
    NEO S +

so basically u dont lose anything by opting for TATASKY.

2) Settop boxes are from THOMSON company so are of better quality

3) The software supported is much user friendly.

why i went for dishtv then
    well becoz i got lured into the free 6 month thing
    Last edited by dishtvuser; 27th February 2007 at 11:42.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

What about the sound quailty of V channel , MTV ,ETC, Max , Sony and Star Plus on Tata Sky? On dish tv totally Mono mode for these channels.

Can u please let us know?

moreover can someone tell me the best one ? Tata Sky or Dish whichever in respect of sound and picture quality and future easy renewal

Thanks
    Last edited by sheraz; 27th February 2007 at 12:50.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Another advantage of having TATA SKY is that when you dont want to watch channels u can just discontinue and you wont be charged for that month

But for dishtv you have to keep paying minimum amount i.e around 70-80 Rs even if you are on a vacation or soemthing

I think tata sky might be having better sound quality

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dishtvuser View Post
    Another advantage of having TATA SKY is that when you dont want to watch channels u can just discontinue and you wont be charged for that month

But for dishtv you have to keep paying minimum amount i.e around 70-80 Rs even if you are on a vacation or soemthing

I think tata sky might be having better sound quality
    I had never heard of having to pay 70 - 80rs to dishtv if you dont want to watch their packages.... Just dont pay them and still you can enjoy more than 50 channels which are on DD DTH plaform....... whereas in tatasky You can't watch a single channel at all with paying...

How many days have passed by since you had taken Dishtv just have some patience and you will start liking it too.

Did u check Tatasky, their channels listing ...... much crappy than Dishtv..

In tatasky you will have to set the channels as fav and then watch it in serial order.. but Dishtv has put the channels in right order starting from Hindi channels,new,infotainment, sports, regionals etc...

Anyhow it is upto to your wish..... but I am neither in support of Dishtv nor Tatasky... every operator will have some faults or else they can't survive.
    You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mj786 View Post
    I had never heard of having to pay 70 - 80rs to dishtv if you dont want to watch their packages.... Just dont pay them and still you can enjoy more than 50 channels which are on DD DTH plaform....... whereas in tatasky You can't watch a single channel at all with paying...

How many days have passed by since you had taken Dishtv just have some patience and you will start liking it too.

Did u check Tatasky, their channels listing ...... much crappy than Dishtv..

In tatasky you will have to set the channels as fav and then watch it in serial order.. but Dishtv has put the channels in right order starting from Hindi channels,new,infotainment, sports, regionals etc...

Anyhow it is upto to your wish..... but I am neither in support of Dishtv nor Tatasky... every operator will have some faults or else they can't survive.
    I guess you are not aware of paying the taxes for the free channels..
    do check with ur dishtv distributor ..he will explain to you the details which i guess u overlooked while buying dishtv
    YOU DONT GET charged for the service but you still have to pay taxes !

And about liking Dishtv as time passes by ..well that happens with every service.. i bet if you keep watching just a Doordarshan package you will start to like Doordarshan after some time

I believe in customer service.. If im payin them ..i need the service or else its off my list !
    But unfortunately now we are stuck with dishtv just becoz one of my family member wanted dishtv so badly

And about TATAsky ..well my relatvies have Tatasky and they never had any probs with service or the software !
    Also about channels being in right order then i guess you didnt check the "SORT LIST" function .. that takes care of everything

When i express my opinion its always based on FACTS and experience !

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dishtvuser View Post
    I guess you are not aware of paying the taxes for the free channels..
    do check with ur dishtv distributor ..he will explain to you the details which i guess u overlooked while buying dishtv
    YOU DONT GET charged for the service but you still have to pay taxes !

And about liking Dishtv as time passes by ..well that happens with every service.. i bet if you keep watching just a Doordarshan package you will start to like Doordarshan after some time

I believe in customer service.. If im payin them ..i need the service or else its off my list !
    But unfortunately now we are stuck with dishtv just becoz one of my family member wanted dishtv so badly

And about TATAsky ..well my relatvies have Tatasky and they never had any probs with service or the software !
    Also about channels being in right order then i guess you didnt check the "SORT LIST" function .. that takes care of everything

When i express my opinion its always based on FACTS and experience !

I dont agree on the paying the taxes while you are not using their services...
    as far as I know if you dont pay for renewal then your channels will be deactivated and then whenever you want to renew your package you will have to pay 100rs fine, but will confirm this soon whether they had changed it now.

Tatasky has just started now and they had started with the present software, whereas dishtv had started 2 years back and had updated the software..

Just think this...... if Dishtv had provided the KOAN STB updated already with the New software then how would you have come to know about the Old software...You would have liked what you had only..

I too say what i had experienced and not what I had seen or heard

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Now I had confirmed that you just have to pay fine of 115rs (including all taxes if your VC has been deactivated i.e., if you had not renewed your box.. and whenever you want to watch the pay channels again you just have to pay the reactivation charge of rs115 only even if u renew your vc after 1 year ........ no need to pay montly taxes like you came to know, dont know who told you all those rubbish.. b'coz you are new to this DTH I think everyone is trying to fool you.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

There are more takers for Dish tv than Tatasky at present in South India for now. Now a days Tata Sky is advertising for Dish Tv.

Reason: Most of them don't know about DTH before Tata Sky came. They advertised so much that made the job of Dish Tv easy. I am not saying Dish tv is bad. Tata Sky is costlier than Dish Tv so customers might have thought of getting Dish Tv. If the same channel is available in both the DTH services who would be willing to pay higher subscribitions? Only quality minded people would pay and others would be happy just seeing the channel not minding about the quality. DD dth would be too good if they carry more good channels than now.

I too say what i had seen or heard and not what I had experienced

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mj786 View Post
    Now I had confirmed that you just have to pay fine of 115rs (including all taxes if your VC has been deactivated i.e., if you had not renewed your box.. and whenever you want to watch the pay channels again you just have to pay the reactivation charge of rs115 only even if u renew your vc after 1 year ........ no need to pay montly taxes like you came to know, dont know who told you all those rubbish.. b'coz you are new to this DTH I think everyone is trying to fool you.

Yeah dishtv is trying to fool me go and check once again MR. MJ
    actually Mr.Chandra is after my money

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear All,
    The house of Tata's as its known for the various divisions it has, and has been very well known for the last 50 years & more for their business ethics.
    They have been known to make more millionaires for the country than to rip off anyone.
    So TataSky in the long run will be stable company with good support.

Thread Information