Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Educator Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default just somethink to talk about

it m8 some1 knows witch program language or scrypt or whatever the program could be is used to create the patch files for the rcvrs. i ve tryed with c++ language but it doesnt worked, becouse when i edited the patch for DCW the rcvr after going on some chanel cripted with DCW freezed...
    Knowledge is power

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by xNowell View Post
    it m8 some1 knows witch program language or scrypt or whatever the program could be is used to create the patch files for the rcvrs. i ve tryed with c++ language but it doesnt worked, becouse when i edited the patch for DCW the rcvr after going on some chanel cripted with DCW freezed...

I don't know which real program language is using to program a patch but we can edit the patch with ultra edit , hex editor , hex workshop , etc.... I join brother XNowell's thread and plz. all experts give us ur some knoledge.

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

First he should have jtaged his receiver and saved the software before attempting to write and new patch and upload that.

Perhaps he can reload the original patch and see if that helps.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I just think its c++, maybe you didnt do the correct thing, all the same use ultra edit, simplified c++.
    If you saved the software you can still try and read to find out what wrote it, or what can read it.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

can be done in C languange. but you have to be extremely dedicated. and you need a plethora of assemblers/disassemblers and compilers. For starters, as with programming for most chips, manufacturers provide an IDE whic allows you to use a higher level language to write code which is then compiled to assembly code for that processor. This chip is no exception, there is an IDE for those chips that will allow you to write a C code and compile it to binary executables for those chips.

The problem lies with writing this software for an FTA receiver. Unless you want to write all of the embedded software from scratch you will need the source of the factory bin as a starting point. From that you will be able to study the code and implement whatever else you deem necessary. Real trouble so far is availability of both the source and the IDE.

If you are extremely bored, it is possible to implement some basic functions in raw assembly code. That route, however, is extremely difficult. It is almost impossible to map out all of existing assembly code and figure what it all does and it is even harder to add new features using nothing but assembly. That is exactly why IDEs and compilers are created.No wonder nobody makes that much software for metabox since nobody has the source code and Mr. D of dreamsoft has not released his source codes, lol.

anyway, to those interested the tools can be found from

-http://dvb-upload.com/index.php?search=st20&date=0
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Educator Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

well, i used ultra edit, and yes its a kinde of simplification of C++ but i rather use c++ (im usinh v6).
    it is possible that i did this all wrong, becouse from what sir boknoy sad, i was assembling based od ID provider code (number as a number of HEX line) and i compared with some dbox version patches, so basicly i add some new hex lines based on patch that work with DCW. and i took the risk and i didnt jtag my rcvr, but if im going to all this again ill take the boknoy's advise and do my rcvr first
    and where i can finde the source code of the factory bin for some rcvrs (str, dbox, quadro etc)?
    Knowledge is power

Thread Information