Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default how dht service provider activate and deactive smart card

1]hello ....i want 2 know how dth service provider activate and deactivate viewing card [smart card] ..r they send sms to particular vc ...or some other way ......bcz when [dish tv] activate vc they ask to leave stb on any pay channel or some time they ask for specific channel so i mean 2they send an sms on particular frequency to vc .........

2] why vc number is flash on tv screen ..what they do when vc number is flash on tv screen .....plz all expert give their views ......
    thanx

sarpanch_faridkot_da

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

the software in the decorders can communicate with the server, have passwords on softwares, and each decorder and card has a unique identification number, able to switch it and write "stop descrambling or descramble".
    all this information is logged on the chip in your receiver by the server, and also on the chip on your card.
    so it is softwares codes and memorised.

guess - vc number may flash on screen while communicating with server, and thats the way they have written their software, to display the number on screen.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

hello cogil ......thanx for info....... i m asking this why bcz some of my frnds vc r deactivate status but they have already working ....i think .all this process is nt automatically but this is manullay controlled bcz some time a person has 3month subcription and vc is working more than 2-3 months more its validity ... so can we say they send sms to vc for deactivate or activate......i call one day to dth customer care about my frnds activation and 1 technical personal told me that they have already send an sms to u r vc .....and if u r stb is nt on from last 15 days then we have 2 activate again ...........any views ?

sarpanch_faridkot_da

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

cogil second thing is that our stb how commnicate with server ...we have only one way transmission .....we can only receive signal from sattelite and we cannt upload from our stb .........any views

sarpanch_faridkot_da

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

yes, it is done manually. they will ask their technicians to send a specific signal to the card, sometimes, as you mentioned on a specific channel.

now, this signal will be decoded by your receiver and card, if the data matches then you get the channel. that data will have a specific timestamp, after that timestamp expires, the card ceases to work until such time that a new command is issued by the provider.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Sir Cogil and Sir Boknoy for this explain.Is this issue of operator will same for all encryption type which is using a card?
    As in my experience , I renewal Ir**** 2 , Viaccess 2.6 , Conax and Videoguard cards.Among them Ir**** 2 is very easy and quick to renewal.May be it'll depend on operator/package I think.But other types r very difficult and long time to update new subscription.Plz. explain this one.
    And what's the mean of "VC" , is it Valid Card?

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Thanks Sir Cogil and Sir Boknoy for this explain.Is this issue of operator will same for all encryption type which is using a card?
    As in my experience , I renewal Ir**** 2 , Viaccess 2.6 , Conax and Videoguard cards.Among them Ir**** 2 is very easy and quick to renewal.May be it'll depend on operator/package I think.But other types r very difficult and long time to update new subscription.Plz. explain this one.
    And what's the mean of "VC" , is it Valid Card?

Regards.
    "vc" means.....viewing card..(may b wrong).........
    regards-george

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post
    "vc" means.....viewing card..(may b wrong).........
    regards-george

Thanks george.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by brar007 View Post
    1]hello ....i want 2 know how dth service provider activate and deactivate viewing card [smart card] ..r they send sms to particular vc ...or some other way ......bcz when [dish tv] activate vc they ask to leave stb on any pay channel or some time they ask for specific channel so i mean 2they send an sms on particular frequency to vc .........

2] why vc number is flash on tv screen ..what they do when vc number is flash on tv screen .....plz all expert give their views ......
    thanx
    the vc numper or any code numbers r displayed on tv screen...is for stop and avoiding the commercial and mis-use of dth boxes by "cable operators".and also
    for confirming,which boxes r running which places.
    regards-george

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hi yan, i know my ird2 card takes abt 15min while communicating to operator on phone. i just give paid voucher number and amount, as we speak they update and the discrambled changes to picture, the same applies to conax at the momment. they update us, as we speak on phone so long as stb is connected to sat and operational. data transfer through sat.
    Dstv HD PVR

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

this all depends on the provider/operator. if your operator keeps on telling you "yes-yes" and nothing happens for quite sometime, time to think of changing providers if you have that option. it all boils down to the after sales support and customer service of an operator/provider.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    hi yan, i know my ird2 card takes abt 15min while communicating to operator on phone. i just give paid voucher number and amount, as we speak they update and the discrambled changes to picture, the same applies to conax at the momment. they update us, as we speak on phone so long as stb is connected to sat and operational. data transfer through sat.

Yes sir Cogil , I need only 30 mins to renewal my I2 card (UBC) and I'm done this with my dealer.For Viaccess I need a day ( or two days ) to update my card although I'd been sent the cash.Also Conax but Mediaguard is little more quick then Conax and Viaccess.(I know that may be the delay of my dealer)
    But our 5 entertainment card is need for a week to renewal.lol:

Thanks.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks alot for ur suggest Sir Boknoy.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

just to mention,
    the same speed applies for non payments, you put on receiver in the morning and within 1 min nothing is watchable if the subscription expired by the midnight B4.
    though you get reminders of expiry, through stb mail a week to four days before expiry. some even send sms on mobile phones.

still need an indepth of cable tv operations, any site would help

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks brother.

Thread Information