Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default I&B notice to NIMBUS, not 1 but 2

I & B ministry in India has issued Show Cause notice to NIMBUS on 2 things...

"Racial advertisement" and..... " not sharing Live cricket".

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...tent_id=154869

NEW DELHI, FEB 14 : More than a month after it banned satellite TV channel AXN for telecasting an “obscene” programme, the government has wielded the stick yet again.
    For, the information and broadcasting ministry has dashed off a show cause notice to private sports broadcaster Nimbus for telecasting an advertisement that smacked of “racial” abuse

The I&B ministry on Wednesday issued a notice asking why action should not taken for the telecast of the advertisement with a tagline, “It is tough to be a West Indian in India.” “The government had received a notice from the Delhi High Court after a PIL was filed against the ad. Following this, a show cause notice was issued to the private broadcaster for violation of the advertising code under the Cable TV Network Regulation Rules,” the sources said.

Sources said action against Nimbus, which is already battling the government on the issue of live share of cricket feeds, could include revocation of licence, permission or registration.

For the first offence, the ban could be for 30 days. If the channel faults again, it will be for 90 days. If a third default happens, the punishment could be up to the period of registration.

• The I&B ministry issued a notice asking why action should not taken for the telecast of the ad with a tagline, “It is tough to be a West Indian in India.”
    • Action against Nimbus could
    include revocation of licence,
    permission or registration

One of the ads in question shows a West Indian couple on a boat in the middle of a large and serene lake. The boatman, who constantly stares at them, suddenly stands up, throws the oar away and starts disrobing. As the frightened couple look at each other, trying to understand what the boatman means, he jumps off the boat, leaving them in the middle of the lake with no oar. The West Indian guy can be heard calling, “Hello? Hello man”. The ad ends with the tagline: “It is tough to be a West Indian in India”, which is followed by images of the West Indian and Indian teams playing cricket. Sources said Nimbus had time till February 19 to respond to the showcause notice.

Officials of Nimbus declined to comment but said the ad had been created by O&M
    You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Now Nimbus write to Prasar Bharti that it will share LIVE FEED...
    with just 1 match to go ..

Nimbus writes to Prasar Bharati

New Delhi, Feb. 14 (PTI): In the midst of a dispute, private broadcaster Nimbus is understood to have written a letter to Prasar Bharati, offering to share live telecast of the cricket matches.

There was no official word on the details of the letter. Nimbus spokesperson in Mumbai also refused to confirm or deny whether they had written to Prasar Bharti saying the matter was subjudice.

Information and Broadcasting Ministry sources said the letter was received by the Prasar Bharati from Nimbus, which had so far refused to share live feed with Doordarshan that functions under public broadcaster Prasar Bharati.

As a fallout of Nimbus's refusal to share feed and court ordering Prasar Bharati to accept live feed with seven minutes delay, the government promulgated The Sports Broadcasting Signals (Mandatory Sharing with Prasar Bharti) Ordinance 2007 which makes it mandatory on private broadcasters the sharing of live telecast of sports events of national importance with Prasar Bharati's DD and AIR.

On Nimbu's offer, a senior ministry official said "The violation will still stand, even if they agree to share the feed from tomorrow." Earlier in the day the ministry slapped a show cause notice on Nimbus for not sharing with Doordarshan the live telecast of two India-Sri Lanka one-dayers - a violation which could lead to suspension of broadcaster's licence, or fine upto Rs one crore.

The matter in which Nimbus has challenged the ordinance is coming up for hearing tomorrow in Delhi high court.

Analougesat
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Thumbs up

I am also a Admin & a Mod of a satellite forum and I came to know about this site now only. Good site. I have seen a member who copy paste from here to my site there for some time now. Already there were complaints against him and I didn't belive it and deleted two innocent persons because of this One of the username I deleted there is the same like yours. If you are the same person I would request you to join the forum there. And also I have requested my friend to close the entire Indian DTH section there. Continue your good work and don't get disappointed because some leachers and lamers. All the best.
    Last edited by Analougesat; 15th February 2007 at 12:41.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Someone in the indian government has really nothing to do or trying to divert attention. I mean hey that statement does not have any raical implications to it when I first read it I know it had to do somthing with a crkt match like India vs West Indies @ indian grounds. Unless you are telling me the ad has no relation to sport at all, then well someone made a bobo.
    if not its like a statement thant came out on the tonight show this morning on t12-15W-NBC-feed. charle barkly said : "When you are a suceifull black man every one is your releative"

I was like but hey I don't see any noise coming out of that. If someone had said look at that terrorist blowing well that is diff case all together.
    nothing at the moment

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Now Nimbus fears from Prasar Bharati and the Govt. and now knocks HC. .. as the series is ending now the fear had started to grip Nimbus

http://www.saharasamay.com/samayhtml...x?NewsId=70213

Posted at Thursday, 15 February 2007 12:02 IST
    New Delhi, Feb 15: Seeking protection from a likely action from the Centre, the private Sports brodcaster Nimbus Communication Ltd has approached the Delhi High Court.

The channel has filed a plea in the High Court seeking protection from the Centre's alleged threat to cancel its licence if it did not respond to the government's show cause notice by today.

The matter was mentioned before Justice B. D. Ahmed. Justice Ahmed has directed the broadcaster to bring the matter before a division bench.

"It is improper for the single bench to pass any order when the matter is being heard by division bench," Justice Ahmed said.

It is noteworthy that Nimbus did not comply with an ordinance that makes it mandatory for private broadcasters to share live feed of sporting events of national importance with public broadcaster Prasar Bharati.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Mj,
    When you threaten to use the whip the monkey is ready to dance. (live feed ref)
    Thats the story of Nimbus & Prasar Brarati

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

You are right Dom06

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dom06 View Post
    Mj,
    When you threaten to use the whip the monkey is ready to dance. (live feed ref)
    Thats the story of Nimbus & Prasar Brarati
    well said

But here the Whip was just sent not even taken out ....

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Whip sent to the monkey?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Analougesat View Post
    I am also a Admin & a Mod of a satellite forum and I came to know about this site now only. Good site. I have seen a member who copy paste from here to my site there for some time now. Already there were complaints against him and I didn't belive it and deleted two innocent persons because of this One of the username I deleted there is the same like yours. If you are the same person I would request you to join the forum there. And also I have requested my friend to close the entire Indian DTH section there. Continue your good work and don't get disappointed because some leachers and lamers. All the best.
    But dear Analougesat

Why all of ur forum members will be the victim for a few member
    You could have banned only that member instead of closing the total Section.
    Technology Makes You Live

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Analougesat View Post
    Hmm, so you are Analoguesat (which you've spelt incorrectly), from Scotland and posting with an Indian IP?

Sounds more like you are one of the members who have been joining up on the other forum using several aliases, simply to cause trouble and have in fact forced the temporary closure of the Indian section there.

Thanks to you and your kind, we will have to now wait for our posts to appear if the section re-opens, as they are all going to be moderated.

I'm sure the admin here will not appreciate this, as they have no arguments with the other forum in question and never have had to my knowledge.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
    Hmm, so you are Analoguesat (which you've spelt incorrectly), from Scotland and posting with an Indian IP?

Sounds more like you are one of the members who have been joining up on the other forum using several aliases, simply to cause trouble and have in fact forced the temporary closure of the Indian section there.

Thanks to you and your kind, we will have to now wait for our posts to appear if the section re-opens, as they are all going to be moderated.

I'm sure the admin here will not appreciate this, as they have no arguments with the other forum in question and never have had to my knowledge.
    Bro you are right, Now he is gonna, Have others plans to do here, like he done in there. He told some other guys to find other fourms and now he is here, I dont think soo, He is the other guy, Who has been kick out of there.

Thread Information